[App][Pro] SmartThings 2 (HCS version)

Is it possible to add a card “set sound mode to”, and the following values (as in the Smart Things iOS app)?

Dear Adrian,

thank you for your work, the app for smartthing is looking great!

Is it possible to get back to the smarttag topic a bit and refresh the abilities of the tag? I bought a fresh smarttag2. I was able to add it to your app, it is recognized as a RGBW bulb. Nevertheless, I wasnt able to force it to do a thing. I have only one When card option, “The button status changed”. It does not react to this action, I may press the button million times.

It would be nice if the tag would have a function to be localized (being within range and out of range). When checking the log, it has its own iBeacon UIID, thus I assume such triggers to WHEN may be added? Or is there other way how to check if the tag is within the range or not?

Thanks
Tomas

Strange that it adds as a bulb.
For mine to respond to the button, I had to enable an action in the SmartThings app so that SmartThings responds to it. I have never been able to get the iBeacon part to work.

Hello Adrian,

thanks for quick answer. See my device settings screen. You can see the rgbw bulb thing there.

Thanks for the tip with actions, I managed to force Homey to recceive the press status.

Is there any way how to track the smarttags presence to Homey? I originally intended to use it to track my presence at home as the Homey geofence is terribly inaccurate and I intended to buy the smarttags for their original purpose anyway. But I wouldnt like to wear several tags on my keychain to each do one thing. I do not need to know info about distance etc. I ll condition my presence by being within range and doors opened or so. Practically just knowning if the device responds to homey or not would do the trick.

Thanks and BR
Tomas

I

Ah, OK, those settings are always there as Homey can’t make those conditional. Normally an app would have different drivers for different devices, but I made this app capability dependent so it was more versatile.
Every so often I revisit the tag to try the proximity part but I’ve had no luck with it yet.

The bulb thing doesnt matter. That is not really an issue, just letting you know it looks weird.

The samsung smarttag2 should have extended list of capabilities compared to smarttag+ that was discussed before. At least samsung announced new features and improvements. Maybe something that wasnt possible on smarttag+ is now possible. Any chance that you may build on that? Is there anything i can provide to help you with that?

BR
Tomas

Can you open the App settings page and select the Detected tab. Then click on Get Devices and once the list has populated click on Send Log. Hopefully the send log is working now.

Hello Adrian,

I did sas requested. Please let me know if you would not receive it and I will send it by other means. Hope you find there something useful.

BR
Tomas

I haven’t received it. I think the new HCS has problems with the env.json file so the app doesn’t have the email details.

Hello Adrian,

I posted an issue on another thread (link to follow) specific to a temperature display issue regarding some of the devices, resident on my Samsung account, which are being brought into my Homey Pro hub via the Bearer Token, (via the “SmartThings 2” app). (Nice work by the way on this app!)

robertklep recommended that I reach out to Athom about this issue. I responded that I was reluctant to contact Athom they will likely advise that it is not their problem because I am bringing in SmartThings devices via an unofficial community app. He subsequently recommended that I reach out to you, “the developer”, concerning this issue for a possible resolution. Here is the link to my post in the other thread: Newbie Here, Changing From C to F - #11 by Bud_M

Thank you in advance for any assistance or direction that you may be able to provide.

Are you using the latest version as I think I fixed that.

Hey Adrian,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using v2.0.18 and I have “Update Automatically” enabled.

I have to admit, installing apps outside the store for a rookie like myself is… hard.

I’ve gotten to the point where node.js and docker is installed and I’m clueless as to what to do from here.

If you install it from the new HCS then you don’t need to worry about those things.
Just download the HCS app from the store onto a computer and run it. Follow the prompts to login and it will install the HCS app. Then you can install any of the apps hosted on the HCS Just as easily as from the Athom store.

Thanks. I’m having issues with that as well.
The installer wants me to log in via web browser. I log in, select my account and this is the prompt I’m returned. The installer does not have any way of inputting this code:

Does anyone use the samsung smarttag2?
Can it be read in the app?
Is it possible to show and or refresh current location?

Want to buy that, but will be sure what the possibilities are in the smartthings 2 app

All that’s possible is to react to the button press. No location information is provided by the API.

I understand. And when their’s a refesh of the location in the original smartthings app. Because if i want to track my device for instance it is lost, than i can’t push the button

Hello @Adrian_Rockall I am having problems getting into the store. I try to log in and a prompt to copy & paste a code comes up. I am installing the new version. Any help is greatly appreciated.

As I’m only a user of the store, I don’t know details of it’s operations, but I think I heard something about issues on the server that are being worked on.