[APP][Pro] SMA Solar devices

Hi Richard, many thanks for your quick response! I only have one inverter. I noticed this already when installing in Homey. Even if I only select one of the two inverters, the problem persists that I can only close and not add, see screenshot. I am not familiar with cli. I’ll see if I can work with it, because I would really like to add my inverter to Homey!

Hi Richard, I’ve looked at cli, but that’s beyond me :wink: I read on the forum that there are more people with the same problem. Is there an in-app patch to make to fix this issue? That would be very welcome :wink:

Hi Richard, I have add the inverter via Homey. I tried again and again for 20 minutes to connect the inverter, and in the end I was able to select ‘add’… :slight_smile: So far it works great!

1 Like

Question @Richard_B : Would it be possible for the Energy Summary to allow a status indicator set to Consumption please? :slight_smile: So you can see on the fly how much is being used on the icon? Thanks

@Phuturist Is the STP 4.0 and 5.0 still not supported?

I got this error message, then it flashed into a new screen displaying the inverter, then when I pressed “sluiten” it did not add the inverter.

1:

2:

I’m not the developer of this app anymore. You should consult with @Richard_B .

1 Like

Ah sorry for that, thanks for the info

I think we encountered the same issue.

PS: I do have two inverters, same issue. STP5.0-3AV-40 446

Version 2.3.6 is out, should solve the problem related to adding a new inverter. I introduced this problem in version 2.3.5 it seems.

1 Like

Thanks for the effort Richard!

I have update the app to 2.3.6 and I do notice a change, but I’m still not able to add an inverter.

Step 1 says “trying to connect” now, which makes more sense. The close (sluiten) buttton works now, it didn’t before. But there is no add button still

Ok, @Richard_B the Energy Summary shows Grid power in - values (handy to know how much is going back to the net but that wont show on the status indicator in homey), but the Energy Meter (Home manager 2.0) shows 0 on Grid power. Would it pls be possible to update the energy meter to also show negative values (so - xx w) when its delivering back from solar panels? :slight_smile: That way we can see on the status indicator how much is going back on the net.

Thanks!

I recall the whole reason for two fields (grid power/grid feed-in) in the energy meter was due to grid power value not being allowed to be negative in Homey Energy. This may have changed in later versions since it was added. Can have a look into that.

The reason no properties of Energy Summary is possible to show on the device card is that all those “capabilities” are custom defined to use different icons. Like the one for grid power. Even if you define the data type and all for a custom capability, Athom for some reason decided to not enable those as a “status indicator”. Maybe we can change the grid power capability to the built-in type and ignore the custom icon.

I tried multiple times to add and remove my inverter and tried to add it again even it was already added. I can’t reproduce the problem you are seeing. Are you able to install the app via Homey CLI and see what messages you get?

100% still the same behaviour as @Rene
no change. no “add” button appears, just “close” button
Until this point it looks like working right.

1 Like

@Richard_B
I installed app via CLI it looks ok

but no change of behaviour.

@Richard_B is there a chance to trace logs?
if yes how? also for the try-out with SMA Wallbox as new device

Great!
Please use command homey app run, then you will see output from the app in the console window and we will see what is going on.

@Richard_B

looks like the same as app. the “adding” button is missing

1 Like

I didn’t expect a different outcome, only wanted access to logs - which I got and that is very helpful.

Seems like Athom changed the functionality of the pairing process at some point so the app can’t visit the same view more than once. Had to add a new artificial view (loading), but it seems to solve the problem. Auto-discovery always worked, only when the app did auto-discovery and didn’t find any inverters and then showed manual entry that it didn’t work.

There is a new test version (v2.3.7) out.
@Florian_Hutter and @Rene please have a go

1 Like

Awesome it works!

Really appreciate the effort!

1 Like