[APP][Pro] Slide - Automate your curtains

iOS also available

After install and open the app close imidiatlly
More people with the same
And what now?

1 Like

is this something easy that we also can temporarily fix?

Just download and CLI install the PR in the original repo.

Okay I’ll have to check that later then.

But since I’m not that familiar, where can I find the repo or the PR?

the PR is the latest PR in the repo.

and [HOW TO] CLI install method

1 Like

Switching to a local device worked great here on my HP23, thx @Jorden!

Just “Touch & Go” isn’t displayed correctly. No data received it seems.
When using THEN flowcard “Disable Touch & Go for X”, this flowcard gives a red exclamation mark when run (and Touch & Go isn’t disabled as well).
App v2.0.0 Homey v 11.1.0-rc3.

Not a big deal for me though.

1 Like

I am happy they did open up the API and provide a local App and communicate. While it is sad that they have to and can’t continue.
Looks to me the API, as I downloaded the zip with a word doc and postman v0.9 file, was not finished but only first mvp.

• Slide Local API Documentation.docx
  • Slide HTTP (Local) API V0.9.postman_collection

Planned features of the Local API
[…]
4. The ability to enable/disable Touch&Go through the Local API
5. Eventually running the Local API with the Cloud API. This may require running the Local API over MQTT as a protocol, which would mean it is not backward compatible with the current version.

As the mobile app for slide local API has a button to enable or disable T&G I expect is is available but not in the documentation…

Also the implementation in the slide Homey App looks to me as first quick work * to get this available. Like the missing implementations for T&G and Calibration.

** not to be disrespectful, I am very happy with what is working already locally, now Slide closes the Cloud curtains.

I Expect we need to wait to see what extra information comes from Kaj

Calibration can be done from a flow from the Homey app.
Just don’t select the Homey Slide device, but the Homey Slide APP. There is a flowcard for it:

Works great. :wink:

2 Likes

Great, I see and the Touch&Go is also implemented in the Local API, almost all Code was available in the App, just Fixed it and created a new PR GitHub - Dijker/nl.innovationinmotion.slide at enable---disableTouchGoAction

Guess at the time v2.0.0 was developed not everything was ready.

2 Likes

Great, thanks for the effort @Dijker!

@Dijker can you also fix the not responding problem with HP19? :wink:

done already here: [APP][Pro] Slide - Automate your curtains - #143 by Dijker

before the other two fixes,
HP 2023 is platform version 2,
older Homey (Pro’s) are version 1

I had hoped it was, but unfortunately it’s not working for me. I shall investigate it further.

Have you installed it using CLI?
The Fix is not yet merged and published by the Developer

My branche is this one containing all 3 fixes (additions) I found. GitHub - Dijker/nl.innovationinmotion.slide at enable---disableTouchGoAction

1 Like

Yes, yesterday with the cli methode. Perhaps I downloaded the wrong branche… I shall check it, thanks :+1:

did you add the slide(s) again after updating the app via the cli?

for me that was the trick (removed the previous local slide(s) and re add them).

Thanks Dijker for the fix

2 Likes

Big kudos to you! I have merged the changes and the new version is available in test:

As soon as Homey approves it, it should be auto-published. Until then you can use this test-version.

When you install this update for a not-working local Slide, you will indeed have to reinstall the device. This is because the older Homey-versions didn’t add the correct hostname to the device. When you “re-pair” it will be solved by the new changes made by Geurt Dijker.

3 Likes

Hi @Remy
Since local API is now enabled for all slides, does that also mean that all slide types (not only the PRO) can be integrated in Homey?

I guess yes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/slidecurtains/comments/1cwc5u2/which_firmware_version_does_your_slide_have/

But you should imho Ask Kaj from Slide or fe the Developer of the App.

Also check in the Google Sheet list there if YOUR slide is updated to the latest mentioned version.

In older versions you need Digest, and you need the correct local ip of Slide.

Although the Local API is already available the Homey Slide App v2.0.x uses the mdns for discovery and to support dynamic ( cq changing of) IP address for the Slides.

I expect is not to work with the older Firmware Slides.

1 Like

That was indeed the trick :+1: