[APP][Pro] Slide - Automate your curtains

I have no idea… But I think so?

No, I got the same problem. I’ve 4 Slide, 2 are found in Homey and 2 are not… :frowning:

Maybe factory reset the both slides what homey can’t find?

No, that dors not solve the problem. I’ve done this seberal times.

I have a “new” Slide that works via the local api app (on Android only because of the iOS bug) but am unable to add it to my Homey.

I think because it doesn’t use a firmware which has mdns discovery. So the new Homey Slide app can’t see it (a manual option would be nice) but am now trying to update it. ([APP][Pro] Slide - Automate your curtains - #163 by Dijker)

Read on Reddit that it should be an automatic update (within 24 hours) on the cloud api setting. Could be a way to get the other two working for you also

There’s a Dutch company that wants to keep the Slide server online so Slides can be operated online too (English below):

Perhaps not for us Homey users, as we are already able to operate our curtains from outside our homes, but still. For those interested. :slight_smile:

They also have a nice offer for discounted Slides.

These are the links from the screenshot above:

(In Dutch, but they do ship abroad)

https://www.reddit.com/r/slidecurtains/

1 Like

I red the posys on Reddit. Sent Jay? the owner a message. Then put my 2 Slides on the internet. The next dslay I received a message that the Slides were updated. Great work and very nice action!

1 Like

How do you “put the slides son the internet”?

Do you have to disable the local api again?

Yes

Thanks @Dijker and @Jorden, my Slide is working flawlessly on local API on Homey since the last fix!

1 Like

Awesome! Big thanks to @Dijker once again :+1:t3:

Hi,

Using the slide for a while now on local api.
But since a few days they won’t open 100% anymore with open/close button. If I want to open them I have to use the slider about 10 times to 100% and then I have them fully openend. I tried to use the calibration function but that function opens the curtains to the same open position and then closes again. So to 85% ish and then opens.

Can’t see or think a solution so maybe you know some fixes here? Or maybe using calibration wrong?

Have you tried increasing strenght after a kalibration, @Astrapowerrr?

I knew how to do that in the the slide app. But from homey I haven’t read about it how to do that.

I don’t believe it can be done from within Homey.
But you can still use the Android/iOS app for it.
The setting is saved then, so it is be used after when operated from Homey too.

iOS app crashes on startup. So app can’t be used anymore. So dead end to. Or there has te be an fix for that I don’t know.

Didn’t you get the following email from Kay?
The iOS app needs an update, but can take some while.
If you can get your hands on an Android device; that app functions properly.

The error/crash
The app crashes on the latest iOS version immediately after opening it. Before I released this app, I stupidly tested the app on an older iOS version. The app does well there. For anyone reading this with an iPhone, please do not update your Slide app yet.
Current situation
Unfortunately, the error is bigger than expected (and hoped) and it will take 2-4 weeks before an update can be released. Because the company no longer has any money left, I didn’t know how I could finance these extra development hours. Hence my big thanks to Robbshop.nl who wants to finance this last part to pay for the development, and make the iOS app possible.

I can try an old iPhone. Keep you posted.

1 Like

Tried with an older iPhone iOS on it. The behaviours is a bit differently so I have the feeling it calibrates much better from the app then from the honey flow.

But after a decent calibration the problem still occurs. When my flow uses the open card the slide opens 80 ish percent. Also when using the open button it behaves the same. How can this happen.

And I know I can make my flow say open to 100% X that doesn’t fix anything.

Using this flow for be more then a year now and out of the blue this behaviour starts.

Weird isn’t it?

Update: fixed strength from the older version of slide app and that did the trick.
So for a good setup the app is still needed…

Both my Slides are working great on local mode, controlled by Homey (2023). However, every few days they stop reponding and the position feedback stops getting updated. Homey still sees that the slides are online though.

(Performance became a bit better and reliable as soon as i set my router dhcp to give the slides a fixed ip address)

The only way to get them working again is restarting/rebooting homey. (Restarting the slide app on homey is not enough).

Anyone who experienced the same behaviour?