[APP][Pro] Piggy Bank

Seen this issue?

Unable to save if not one of the chargers is selected

I deleted the app and re-installed it also

This doesn’t work with the stable version. It will work with the updated test version once I release it.
Then it will not require flows to start, it will always have power available (in the mode Always on is enabled) but it will still be power adjusted.

There is a way to fix this in the stable version already, just go to Settings → Adwanced → Charging and then select override and set the pause current to the lowest current that will still charge your car.

Hmm
 its’ not really an issue because you don’t have any units that are controllable. You would need to install the charge controller unit to make it controllable, but I have not published the working version yet, so you’re probably better off with the stable version for now. (Though, I admit that the error message could have been clearer in your case)

Ok

Seen this?

Installed the test version and added charging devices

Yes, that is an instruction for you to validate the device
 But as I said
 you are using the test version and the current test version has a lot of issues that have been fixed but not published yet, so I recommend you to wait with using the test version until I publish those changes within the next few hours.

Ok, I am running the test version of multiple other apps also because of features or fixes I am using or testing.

Based on the forum post from the april 6, most of the major issues seems to be sorted out.

Where is the instruction for how to validate the device?

Found it now thanks

Yes, but if you read the heading above it says " Resolved issues (not published yet):"

I will publish them to the test version within a few hours :wink:

D’oh!, my bad

New test version 0.22.3

The test version has been updated. The fixes are noted in this earlier post.
The checklist for things that need to be verified by test-users before it goes to stable can be found in this post.

Again: If you have issues with this test version, please install the stable version over the test version. There is no difference in settings so it’s completely safe to go back to the stable version.

I’ll post some images how to set up flows later today

H

Upgraded

For how long should the response test be running?
(battery status is deselcted and the first 3 statuses of the validation is green)
It’s easee chargers, so I am using the automatic mode, not flow controlled

Updated: validation completed

But easee charger app is just switching between smart charging and waiting for the car

It runs until it get response from the charger but times out at 5 minutes if no response is received.
I see there is a weakness in the test procedure that it doesn’t inform you that you need to have a car connected that is willing to accept charge. I probably need to add this.

You need to disable smart charging before letting piggy control the charger. It’s impossible for piggy to control the charger properly if it’s being controlled by another smart charging source.

BTW: How do you see that it switches to smart charging, can it be read by the Easee homey app capabilities? If so, how? Then I can detect this automatically and give proper feedback

1.yes I figured out that I needed to connect the car

2.the charger is not controlled or added to any other 3 party systems than the management in the easee app, no scheduling configured.

Only added to homey.

And the 2 chargers are connected via cellular network and is connected to 2 different circuit breakers

I installed the old version for now at this location.

At home I still have tibber for now that handles the load balancing and charge scheduling.

I could see it switching in the easee app

It operated normally with the old official version of the app

Yes, I see why, this code is not run for Easee chargers. So I had the controller device very well tested for flow-based chargers before I published version 0.22.1, but apparently, it was quite a few holes for Easee chargers (since I don’t have one). I will publish a new version once I have made sure the missing code for Easee chargers has been added.

I belive i see what’s happening here. The Easee app shows this:

When dynamic circuit current goes to zero.

And it also looks like there’s some code in the Easee Homey app that prevents increase of phases set to zero:
homey-no.easee/drivers/charger/driver.js at 49344be387b0dc477106ae216c5bb7f69876edab · ricott/homey-no.easee · GitHub
But I’m not particularly good at understanding that part of things :sweat_smile:

What you see in the app and what Homey makes of the same satus is 2 different things.
You can manually execute the And-card in the Easee integration: “Charger status is” and set it to these different values:
-Standby
-Paused
-Charging
-Completed
-Error
-Car connected
-Awaiting Authentication
-Deauthenticating

As you can see there’s no status for “Waiting for smartcharging”. In my experience, with Easee set as operator, Homey primarily report these values:

• Standby
    No car connected, charger have no errors

• Paused
    Car is connected, but not enough available current to start charging

• Charging
    Charge in progress

So “Venter pĂ„ smartlading” is probably reported as “paused”. You can check this yourself if you fire the mentioned flowcard and check if it returns True.

I think “Car connected” only is possible if you have Tibber chosen as operator. If you have Tibber as operator you might get a different status on “waiting for smartcharging” as well, I haven’t tested. But in my experience, even without a subscription to Tibber, the charger suddenly starts charging because of a signal sent from/through the “Easee operator”. I’m not sure if it can be interpreted as “free smart charging for all”, but it surely is annoying when you disagree with start time. Piggy can possibly stop this as it will detect an ongoing charge outside Piggy’s own schedule. Instead of risking a battle between the Tibber operator and Piggy, I found it more reliable to switch to Easee as operator.

You might possibly get status =“Completed”, I have never seen it, but possibly it’s there for a short time, and then it rolls back to “car connected, no ongoing charge”, which is reported as paused.

Like I have mentioned multiple times in this thread, my trick to catch the moment when you plug in the car is to track Easee’s status changes inside a variable. When the charger switches from standby to paused, that’s equal to “car connected”.

New test version 0.22.7

The test version has been updated. The fixes are noted in this earlier post.
The checklist for things that need to be verified by test-users before it goes to stable can be found in this post.

Easee chargers should now be up and running (Thanks for the access to the charger @dooniem)

Again: If you have issues with this test version, please install the stable version over the test version. There is no difference in settings so it’s completely safe to go back to the stable version.

Maybe it would be an idea to give instructions on how we’re suppose to use the new charge controller?
I have one car that is supported in homey (skoda enyaq) and one thats not (leaf) and i charge with easee charger.
Am i suppose to have two charge controllers, one for each car, and how do i make sparegris know which one is connected

You use just one charge controller. It’s the charger being controlled, not the car.

You can use flows to determine which car is connected, for example: “WHEN Skoda plugged in AND is at home AND Easee is charging” =skoda is connected

If you use “WHEN Easee Started charging AND Skoda not plugged in” =Leaf connected

However you don’t need any of that. charge controller works fine without knowing which car is connected except for the missing battery level. You just have to use flows to determine the time or kWh to offer power.

Thanks, good points.
In next update I will add a selector in the pairing process if you want to use the battery level at all, and if you do then give some feedback how to connect it. (this does not apply for tesla chargers as they supply the battery level automatically)

but if you dont use any flow cards at all, when will the car be ready charged to? is there a default time in the morning?