[APP][Pro] Piggy Bank

Soon… this new version has been much more work than I anticipated :sweat_smile:

1 Like

In the new version, does flows still needed?

Sorry, I do not understand which flows you are referring to.
I will do a few of the tickets listed here for this release, but so far I have only worked on this ticket.

I think you mentioned before that you plan to remove the flows required for charging cars entirely in the future release and instead have the options in the app.

Ah… this one… sooon…

Yes :slight_smile: then I don’t have to use

FYI, that flow card is broken a bit so until I fix it you probably need to increase the number of hours to charge or you may end up in not charging at all. (this is next on my priority list)

Yes and I will wait early for the next major release :slight_smile:

Regarding new devices:

New in test version 0.19.14:

• Added gree_cooper_hunter_hvac
  • Added com.nibeuplink.system
  • Added com.tado2:valve
  • Ignoring Tibber Home (it’s not a controllable unit)

Help needed:

• I keep getting reports that elko:ESHSUPERTR does not work. Can someone please get in touch to let me get more insight into the problem. I don’t see what is wrong.

PLEASE NOTE:

• The device reporting system has been down for 1-2 weeks, not sure exactly when. So if I have not reacted to your report yet it’s because it has vanished. Please send it again. (also note, the log has a limit so sending multiple reports per mail might result in loss of data)
1 Like

@frodeheg The decimals as shown below are in øre? In Kraftriket I have negativt påslag -2,02 øre/kWh inkl. mva and the Eliva grid charges at day is 43.10 øre/kwh and at night is 36.85 øre/kwh. Are the prices in the app including or excluding mva?

The numbers you reference above are including VAT.
The numbers are all in the currency you have selected under advanced settings.
If you have selected ‘Norske Kroner’ then the surcharge should be -0.0202
The others are correct.

I have a feature request.
Is it possible to make the app controll the effect levels of the Høiax Connected water heater?

In a situation where piggy bank starts to turn devices off, it would be great if step one, was to lower the effect of the water heater. In many cases this would be enough to avoid turning other devices off. If there is still need to turn devices off, then it could start from the bottom of the priority list.

You can track the request on this link

However, I am not sure if the problem you refer to will be solved by doing this. The real problem is that there is no waiting time before confirming the new power levels. That is, if it takes 20 sec between the device power off request was sent and you see the reaction on the power-usage on the meter reader, then the app has already managed to turn off at least two more devices. Thus I need to prioritize this issue before looking at your request.

@frodeheg Ofcource the surcharge should be -0.0202. How can I reduce the remaining wait time?

+1:51:1.472: Could use 249 W more power but was aborted due to recent turn off activity. Remaining wait = 246.194 s

I have reduced the min. toggle time to 90s as it won’t go lower in the form but then where it is getting 246.194 sec?

Thank you. No rush. Just an idea in the middle of the night.

1 Like

The remaining waiting time is not configurable.
It is a built-in feature to avoid a lot of toggling.
For the first 30 minutes of an hour, you have to wait 5 minutes before turning on devices again. Then it will be gradually reduced to 1 minute the closer you get to 5 minutes left of the hour. Then it will be a 1-minute waiting time.

Two other features to reduce toggling off unnecessary will be implemented soon, they can be tracked here and here. These will improve the power-down situation significantly.

@frodeheg I am testing the maximum hourly threshold, and it works by reducing the amps if that is not enough, it shuts off the charger, but it doesn’t start the charger if there is enough power.

It is likely that

• The charger does not turn itself on because of the previously noted feature to prevent turning on devices too soon after being turned off

The charger should turn on when there is sufficient power AND a charge plan exists. (and not being prevented by other means, like the toggle-rate reduction feature)

If you need more information you can click the help-menu, go to troubleshooting Select unit for full logg “Easee charger”. (ignore the other option)
This will give you all info what is going on with the Easee charger.

The summarizer for each prize point seems to be wrong. When changing prize point from for example “Billig” to “Normalt” the power that has been used during “Billig” is added to “Normal”.

This is not necessarilly Piggys fault. I have an eva meter-reader myself and a two weeks ago I experienced during an update that it stopped reporting power to Piggy for a long time, which could also be read from the logs of the eva meter reader which stayed unchanged for an hour before the power jumped up after two hours.

If you download the test version of Piggy you will find a graph in the front page in the settings dialogue. You will be able to pinpoint the exact hour the problem occurred here. You can take a snapshot of the graph and check it against the energy meter graphs from my.homey.app (missing data from this graph will just behave as a straight line) … however you need to check this within 24 hours after the error or homey loses its log and goes to 1 hour granularity, which is too coarse to check if this was the cause.

Anyways. In the new piggy graphs, if a loss of power data is detected piggy will mark its own graph as red. I will however improve this detection soon because it’s not optimal. You can track this here.