[APP][Pro] Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge)

Yes, the bridge does this by default, but the reason I use an app called “Hue, without the bridge” is so that I can remove the bridge. The app works great and as advertised but it doesn’t by default let you set a dim duration. I think Johan explained it well.

hi, please take a look at: Problems with Hue Dimmer Switch · Issue #579 · JohanBendz/com.philips.hue.zigbee · GitHub

i think there are more persons affected.

thank you.

Just to share that the Philips Hue Indoor and Outdoor Occupancy Sensors still loose the Zigbee connection after rebooting a Homey Pro 2023 with Homey 10.3.5 and Philips Hue without the bridge app v2.0.51 (not test). Meaning you have to run the repair function and climb the ladder a couple of times with a headlight in the dark, to press the initiation buttons on all your sensors.
The cheapo IKEA occupancy sensors never failed so far.
I presume this has to do with the issue which Homey reports with their v10.3.5 release. I hope they can fix it before my wife trashes the Homey…

Same problem here with the outdoor occupancy sensor.

Same here with HP PRO 2019 (10.0.9) app 2.0.51 working 4-5 days. (SML002)

I had the issue to. Solution for me was to add it through Hue Hub. If that’s an option for you I’d suggest you do that. You don’t lose any functionality, and response time is great and it hasn’t missed a beat for the last 3 months.

You can always add it directly to Homey once the general Zigbee issues have been fixed :slight_smile:

Last reboot my SML004 was ok after one day, without repairing by me.

I have the same issue with my motion sensors. Keep losing them after 2 days it’s ****ing annoying.
Contacted Athom about it so let’s hope the can fix this fast…

looks like a bigger problem, because of (for example) → Problems with Hue Dimmer Switch · Issue #579 · JohanBendz/com.philips.hue.zigbee · GitHub
i contacted athom a few weeks ago and they said, that’s a problem with the app and has nothing to do with homey.

Hello,

I just changed the battery of several Philips Dimmers, as I saw that Homey got alarms from those.
After more than one hour, the alarm status in Homey for those Batteries is still “true”.

Is there a trick to reset an alarm without resetting completely the device (via the device’s “Settings” > “Maintenance” > “Try to Repair” menu) ?
I tried without success to long-press both the button on (1) and off (0) of the dimmers…

I am using the app “Philips Hue, without the bridge” - Dimmer Switch (Gen 1 & 2), v2.0.51.

Thx in adv for any trick :slight_smile:

[Edit]: for information, just in case: the alarms were on since 3 month and checking the replaced batteries, it seems that they are actually all still 80% full

It’s fairly common for Athom’s support to blame app developers for things that the developer can’t do anything about. The issues with Homey’s Zigbee are even documented on the firmware release pages.

Maybe it helps to restart the app. This could also be done with a card in a flow.

Thx for the trick!

I did restart the whole Homey device already but it didn’t help.
I have also restarted individually the Philips App only, just in case. But it didn’t help either.

I did reset now the dimmers via “Try to Repair”, so it’s fixed…

Hi

I have hue bridge … i use the outdoor sensor for the LUX

However a 5 minute interval is not good enough

Can this app ( no bridge ) force reporting more often ( lets say every 10 secs or something )

You can set the reporting time as you see fit, but reporting very often will drain your battery.

And to be fair I want you to know that more than a few users have issues with the reporting, far from all though. If you try it and have issues I’d love to hear from you.

I’m having the same issue but with lamp ST64…

I think I solved my problem by adding accessories and lights using “Matter” and uninstalling [Philips Hue Zigbee (Without the bridge).

Much more stable

Since some times the motionsensor stops reporting after a while,
after restarting the app , everythings works fine. ( i have to do this (almost) daily.

I use this to see if my wife is awake and i can call here,(she works all ours) and I don’t want to wake her.
I usually look if a zone is active or not, but when the sensor stops reporting , there is no notification (see diiference in Yellow)

The app is not completely crashed, i have flows with zwave sensors turning hue lights on, this still works, How to solve this mystery ?
I think I detected this problem for the first time, is between 3 and 5 weeks ago.

1 Like

Hello,

According to the Homey Apps page, this App doesn’t support the Philips Contact Sensor.
Do you plan adding it soon please?

Hello, does Philips Hue Perifo devices are supported?