[APP][Pro] Mercedes Me App (Release 1.0.3)

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for checking the log. I was thinking the same thing. The data should be available, i see this data in the Mercedes.me app. I’ll doublecheck my VIN number tonight.

Mvg Joost

Hi Adrian,

The value stays “undefind”. I did some research online on the API, the Mercedes.me app uses the same API. As my Mercedes.me app is displaying results, the data must be present. I’ll try to check the rest api in direct call’s, but may need some help on the json part.

Is there a concole tool (preferrably for Mac) that i can use to access the api directly? And displays results? Or can this be done directly from a webbrowser?

Thanks!

The Mercedes Me app might use the same API but it will be on a different level.
The Homey app uses the free BYOC features which has a different method of configuration.
Just to confirm, did you add the products to your account in the project console?

Hi Adrian,

Hereby a screenshot of the products i configured:

Could you try removing the Sandboxed one?
I wonder if that is causing a permission issue.

FWIW, the Home Assistant integration started to have a similar issue a few days ago: Mercedes Me Component - #1021 by ReneNulschDE - Custom Components - Home Assistant Community

The developer was able to fix it.

Ah, OK, thanks Robert. As I don’t have a Homey at the moment I can’t do much to test it. Hopefully I should have a replacement next week so I will investigate it then.

1 Like

If i remove the sandbox one, i get an authorization malformed notification, can’t add the car to Homey.

Tnx Robert!

Hi Adrian,

When using postman, you don’t need to have a Homey to test the issue. There is a complete collection from Mercedes that you can use to test. You only have to setup a few variables and generate the authorization key.

I get a 404 on all items. Which can mean 3 things:

1. My VIN is incorrectly entered in a variable (not the case)
  2. My car is incorrectly connected in the developer portal (is an option, but if everyone has the same problem, we can rule that out as well)
  3. Mercedes changed the URL and did not properly redirected and did not updated their documentation

If you want the collection inc the empty variables, let me know, i’ll export, or sent you the details on where i got the collection.

30-11-2021:
Yesterday i initiated a call with Mercedes Benz support (for the connected portal). Just wanted to check if my VIN was connected to my developer account. Today i had a conversation by email, they claim everything is as it should be. However, data is coming into the app since 16.00 this afternoon.

Did you happen to push an update to the servers? If not, i suspect that there was an issue with my connected VIN :wink:

Where do I find the Comfort screen as you are showing in the Mercedes Me App? I think I pressed every button, but did not find it?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Eddy,

First click on the three stripes on the left top of the screen. Then clink on the car image :blush:

Then you see “service management” or Servicebeheer (in Dutch).

Greetz Joost

Finally I did find the Servicebeheer, but it is greyed out. What did you do to get it “clickable”?

I don’t know, can you remotely manage your car from the app normally?

Maybe you need a working internet connection?

I did purchase some services, but i don’t think that should matter for that function to be clickable?

I do not know either, but did find this info on the Mercedes Me page:

And here it is also not possible to select :upside_down_face:

I will try again tomorrow.
Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

I don’t know if you are still developing on a new version of the app. If so, would it be possible to make a trigger on the battery charge? HV battery? Sometimes when connecting the charger, charging stops and i find out in the morning. The problem occurs only in the winter, but because of an empty battery, the car won’t pre heat either :wink:

So it would be nice to have a trigger like: if battery is below 30%, at 22.00 then sent a message… Or, if 22.00 and battery is below 30%, then sent a message…

Thanks in advance! If i can help in any way, please let me know, i’m happy to assist you.

Greetings Joost

I will add it to the next version.

1 Like

I have just thought, you could use the logic card to check the battery level in the And section.
So trigger on the time and then add a Logic > is less than > tag > HV Battery and set the required value.
Then at the set time it will check the last reported HV Battery level and execute the actions if it is less than the specified level.

I don’t have that option in the “and” section. The options i have are:

• Een slot is vergrendeld (a lock is locked?)
  • Car is locked
  • A window or sunroof is open
  • A door or deckled is open

The HV battery status gets updated (in Homey), and more regularly then the other information.

Strangely i can add it to a variable, so i’ll get there in the end :slight_smile:

You probably ment under logica, it is then selectable. I was continually looking for the options under the car. So i don’t even have to create a variable. Thanks.

I don’t have PayPal, but if i can buy you a giftcard of some sort, let me know what card and leave your email address please.

The card is one of the logic cards: