[APP][Pro] LG ThinQ integratie

Ill give the test version a try and give feedback

updated to 3.1.11 still nothing new to report, thou the log says *WM-remaintime from # to #
#=a number

but the lable is not updated, i’ve now also added a everyminute card, and my variables updates fine…
done a diagnostics report…
99d10f27-0b4d-42ec-a315-e148ec83e20b

1 Like

Hi @Martin_Verbeek ,

couple of weeks I reported some issues regarding the use of an AWHP.

Some still exists, so I am wondering if you had the chance to look at those?

First issue (probably a simple one):

When I change the operational mode ("Betriebsart ") in the LG ThinQ android app, the flow action “Betriebsart Modus has changed” is not being triggered in homey.

Is something that can be fixed?

For now I whish you some nice Christmas days
:santa::santa::santa:

Thank you, Frohe Weihnachten!, looks like i am triggering when opmode is changed, but can you do the change like above and after a minute PM me the log (also are you runnng live or test version (assume test)).

1 Like

try test version 3.1.12

Works. Thank you :+1::+1::+1::+1:

Hi @Martin_Verbeek,

first thanks for the quick help yesterday - I really appreciate your support.

Now I have a more complicated issue regarding the AWHP. I don’t expect a quick reply nor a quick fix. But nevertheless hopefully we can find a solution soon.

The LG AWHP has three operating modes AI, Heating and Cooling. I am ignoring Cooling as I don’t use that.

The mode Heating is quite clear, the target heating temperature reflects the target temperature for the water out temperature as seen here:

But with the AI mode it is not as clear, because the AI mode doesn’t use a target temperature for heating, but is based on a heating curve, which can be defined in the LG panel. The user only has the option, while AI is set, to adjust the target temperature (from -5 to +5)

The target temperature isn’t indeed visible to the user at all - also not in the LG ThinQ android app. In my view a user has too look at the heating curve and check the outside temperature and then identify the current target temperature on the heating curve. As user I can only directly see the current heating temperature (water out).

While in AI mode a user can adjust in LG the target temperature from -5 to +5 (see above screenshot), but as said before I can’t select a target temperature itself and I don’t see such on the LG panel and not in the LG ThinQ Android app.

Now comes the confusing part, because in the LG ThinQ homey app, the target heating temperature is set to 17⁰c while switching to AI mode. In the homey app I can change this target temperature from 12 to 22.
Eventhough these are different values compared to the adjustment values (-5 to +5) in the AWHP, these values do correlate. Because, when I change the adjustment values in AWHP, the target heating values are changed in homey and vice versa. They only use different values!

And when I use the regulator in the homey app, you can see that the lowest value I can set is only 15. Besides when I for example select values above 22, like 45, then shortly after, the regulator automatically falls back to the max value 22.

So the values shown in homey cannot be for sure a target heating temperature for the water out (as compared to Heating mode)! Because the water out value can be of course higher than 22!!!

Your logfile shows that after switching to AI, the target temperature ist set from 45 (set while being in mode Heating) to 17.

I don’t really understand what the target heating temperature in the homey LG ThinQ app reflects to while AI mode is active!

My first questions in this context are

• On what is the value 17 based on?
  • Is this a value set somewhere in LG which you retrieve from LG or is this a value your connections defines?

In fact I could even work with the current solution, as I would set the target heating temperature to a value 12 and 22 in a homey flow, which refers to an adjustment between -5 and 5 in the LG AWHP.
For this I created a VD with a regulator with values between -5 and +5. I reference the target heating temp of your app and substract -17. This way I can set the adjustment manually in homey.

But there is another limitation, which you might be able to look into and hopefully solve:

In the homey app I can’t set a target heating temperature below 15. Which means I can adjust the adjustment of the target heating temperature in homey only by maximum -2, whereas the max negative adjustment for the AWHP is -5. When I set the adjustment to -5 directly on the LG panel, the homey app ignores it and shows me a target temp of 15 which corresponds to an adjustment of -2

Finally here the mapping of adjustment values in LG compared to target heating temp in homey and what homey supports:

1st column: target heating temperature in homey
2nd column: value of adjustment in LG AWHP
3rd column: possible (y/n) to change to in homey

12 -5 :x:
13 -4 :x:
14 -3 :x:
15 -2 :white_check_mark:
16 -1 :white_check_mark:
17 0 :white_check_mark:
18 +1 :white_check_mark:
19 +2 :white_check_mark:
20 +3 :white_check_mark:
21 +4 :white_check_mark:
22 +5 :white_check_mark:

I hope this makes somehow sense what I wrote!

Had other reports on the same. Although it works in the LG Thinq with +/- temps. It does only show normal temperatures in the APIs.

Have been looking on how to do this in AI mode.

Will study your message and see if that can be of use.

:pray:

Again thanks for taking this up.

I guess a solid solution takes more time to design. I don’t know what it takes to implement a homey app, but probably not that easy, as you probably need different regulators for both modes.

For a short time solution however I would be happy if I would be able to set a temperature of 14, 13 and 12 degrees for the target heating temperature in homey, while AI mode is set. At the moment this is not possible. But I realized that when mode Heizen is set then also the regulator in homey lets me select 15 degrees as lowest value:

This in fact matches exactly the behaviour in the LG ThinkQ App, where 15 degrees is the lowest possible value possible I can set:

So the 15 degrees as minimum value for target heating temperature makes sense while in mode Heizen. However it makes not much sense in the mode AI, as in AI mode I can only set the adjustment from -5 to +5, not a target temperature itself.

So I would need to be able to set 12 degrees in order to set the maximum adjustment of -5. Currently I am limited in setting only -2 as lowest value for the adjustment of the target temperature.

As LG API returns and manages degrees in both modes, I wonder whether it is possible to set a value below 15 degrees in the LG API for both modes, but especially in AI mode. If LG returns an error, than I would say LGs API has a bug as you can’t set the adjustment below -2 thru the API.

Again I hope this makes somehow sense?

Would be possible to have a TV working via LG ThinQ?

Hi @Martin_Verbeek,

Ik loop tegen een ander probleem aan. Ik heb een vakantie modus geprogrammeerd, zodra ik vakantie modus aanzet gaan alle apparaten op “Vakantie”. Echter bij de warmteboiler werkt dat nog niet helemaal.

Het blijkt dat de flowcard niet kan zien dat de boiler op automatisch staat. Andersom net zo. Zie screenshots.

Dit zijn de gegevens van de boiler:

Modelnummer: WH27S.F5
ThinQ versie: 2

Ik zie dat het geen echte bedrijfsmode is, maar dat dit bij de planningsmogelijkheden staat (bij andere apparaten staat het wel weer tussen de bedrijfsmodi :expressionless: )

moet even checken maar ik kan die opties waarschijnlijk we als een aparte selector toevoegen.

1 Like

Ahh check, bedankt voor het uitzoeken :slight_smile:

Hallo allen,

Ik probeer mijn airco’s te bedienen via homekitty (van Robert Klep) maar dit krijg ik niet werkend

Heb contact gehad met Robert en mijn log file gedeeld.
Na wat heen en weer gemail is de conclusie vanuit hem dat er door custom capabilities dus geen communicatie mogelijk is met zijn app.

Vanuit Robert:

In de capabilities staat bijvoorbeeld thermostat_cmode, wat een custom capability is. De standaard capability op Homey heet thermostat_mode, maar ik vermoed dat de maker van de LG app heeft gekozen voor een custom capability omdat de standaard te beperkt is (bv dat daar niet alle modi in zitten die de airco aan kan). Daar is niks op tegen, maar dat zorgt er wel voor dat HomeKitty niks kan met die modus, en dus Home/iOS ook niet.

Is dit iets wat bekend is hier of heeft iemand dit wel werkend gekregen?

Alvast bedankt!

De homekit specificatie voor Apple supported is specifiek waar het aan moet voldoen (off, heat, cool, auto). Voor de LG integratie kan ik met de standaard homey thermostat mode niet uit de voeten voor alle verschillende type devices. Homey kan de verschillende waardes die van toepassing zijn niet dynamisch aanpassen en dus komen er custom capabilities.

1 Like

Ik bedacht nog dat het misschien mogelijk is een virtueel device te maken die zich voordoet als huis-tuin-en-keuken thermostaat. Dat is niet triviaal (want je moet op één of andere manier thermostat_cmode mappen naar thermostat_mode) maar waarschijnlijk wel te doen.

Ik laat het aan @Raymond_Kop over om daar eens in te duiken :wink:

Hello!

Happy new year!

Ik ben een goede gebruiker denk ik zelf maar dit is wellicht boven mijn pet :stuck_out_tongue:
mijn gedachte was ik maak een virtueel device aan via device capabilities, hier gebruik ik dan list en view as thermostat. dan heb ik een flow gemaakt die de LG airco instelt op de juiste modus (en inderdaad hierin zitten minder modus dan in de LG app, vanwaar waarschijnlijk de Cmode)

Alles werkt behalve… dit virtual device komt is niet supported in homekitty. Blijkbaar heb ik dan toch iets niet goed staan waardoor het niet voldoet

E-mail mij nog even de relevante info van Homey Developer Tools voor dat device, dan kijk ik mee :smiley:

Als het niet, of omslachtig, werkt, laat even weten. Dan kijk ik of ik de basic thermostat_mode in kan bouwen (UI invisible) en alle flows op deprecated, dan kan Homekitty er wellicht mee overweg?
Is misschien de moeite waard, veel gebruikers, daar zitten vast wel de nodige home app gebruikers onder.

Hello!

Als we het werkend krijgen blijft het omslachtig en ik denk voor veel gebruikers niet haalbaar.

Device capabilities, is een best geavanceerde app. Je hebt per device een virtual device nodig. plus flows om het te syncen.

Mocht het haalbaar zijn om jouw app “out of the box” werkend te krijgen met die van Robert zou dat denk ik zeer veel gebruikers helpen. Tevens ga ik ervanuit dat het ook de gebruikers helpt die het “normale homekit experiment” vanuit Homey gebruiken aangezien het dan ook daar zal werken.