[APP][Pro] Insights Graphs

cc: @Yestond

The very nice new dashboard project (very work in progress) 'homeyboard´ can show it, but it also can show Insights graphs by itself:

1 Like

repo is now public GitHub - mennovanhout/homey-insights-graphs

3 Likes

@spkesDE Maybe we can collaberate and make these 2 apps compatible?

2 Likes

Great! You used it exactly the same as I did in my test. :star_struck: In this example I tweaked the chart.setConfig to style them a bit more like Homey’s original graphs. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

@basvanderploeg That’s better! The aim is also to get as close as possible to Homey graphs themselves. Want to do a PR?

@LRvdLinden Done!

Another option that could be nice…

In stead of using a Yes/No checkbox for the dark mode setting, it would be nice to have a dropdown with an extra transparent option for setBackgroundColor. This would make the background of the graphs transparant, which is nice when they are placed on a different colored background / dashboard. It also makes the Homey notifications automatically show the right color when your phone is in light or dark mode.

So to summarise, a dropdown with these options:

• Dark
  • Light
  • Transperant

Good idea. Then, on the contrary, I would suggest calling transparent “Auto Light/dark” or only auto. Are you in a position to do a PR?

I’ll take a look!

In the meantime I’ve made some branding proposals. Thoughts?

http://basvanderploeg.nl/uploads/Insights-Graphs-assets.zip

5 Likes

Thanks a lot!!

I have made a PR to @Menno_van_Hout and added you as a developer in this forum and app.json.

2 Likes

:sparkles: Test 1.2.0

New test version out now!

:warning: Breaking graphs modus. After update, check your flows!

New

Try the test version here:

Hi, i am very glad to see this app! Thank you all! I was wondering, have you guys thought of the feature (and possibilities) to show multiple (values within one graph? Like multiple temperatures?

I don’t have any Flow card :thinking: have tried the experimental version too. Homey 2023 Firmware 10.0.0

Just a blank page :frowning:

Yes sadly Homey is extremely limited. And you cannot make an array of selections as input. So homey makes this impossible fight now… The app is already build to support it. Advanced flows is just limiting it.

1 Like

Sadly image tokens are limited by homey to advanced flows. So you’ll need to use advanced flows.

You can create a second flow card without export tokens for standard flow.
The create a trigger “char was created” and trigger this flow passing the image token.

Only difference in standard flownis that you have to create a second flow to react on the trigger.

2 Likes

Yes but then you are treating all the charts. In that case you should also add the system Ive created on my loops app to combine a name etc. But to be honest I’m not looking in doing such things just because Homey is limited. In someways i guess about accepting the limits and at some point move back to home assistant. I moved from home assistant to homey but the more I use Homey the more terrible it gets compared to home assistant. :sweat_smile:

Yes, standard flows are limited because you can’t do actions synchronous/serial passing tokens. You just have a trigger and actions (processed parallel/async).
But also in the past there have been many apps using the trigger systematic to do such things. An action triggers the result handler. Just event based even if AdvancedFlow is much easier to design complex flows :slight_smile:
An yes, you can pass a “id” with the action and check this id in trigger card. Depends in the usecase. If you just want to forward the chart via push/message, it’s not relevant is most cases.

That was just a hint how to use standard flows in your case. But you are free to lomit it to AdnacedFLows (like Athom is doing with some logic cards like JSON converter).

I’m working on an update that introduces a graph as device. This way you can add it in the homey app and I could make device cards for it. Then its also not hacked together with id’s :slight_smile:

@Menno_van_Hout Do you know if it is possible to include the units of the measurements?

For example… μg/m³ or °C.

Would be nice to be able to add those in the labelString of the graph, next to the args.device.name.

Then the graph can show something like Temperature - °C