[APP][Pro] InfluxDb

Ik heb 95904 measurements:

Maar in influxDB web zie ik onder data explorer niks.

Dit is mijn flow:

Please keep this topic in English :wink:

Odd response, arenā€™t you going to try the 3 commands I suggested? Then youā€™ll discover if the data is written into ā€˜Homeyā€™ database, or not.

Iā€™ve tried to install ā€˜data-explorerā€™ but it didnā€™t work out for me. I use Grafana interface. And there also I have to enter a query first, before I get to see any dataā€¦

It works a bit different. The flow cards donā€™t tell you the database is online in that way.
You can let them send a notification about the state though.
Hereā€™s an example of how you can use them:

Homey and app metrics can be disabled, so they donā€™t get logged. You can do this if Homey is getting red hot.

2 Likes

Sorry, I forgot to write in English. I have setup an influxDB on docker on my Synology nas.
I suppose the query must come from the homey. So I canā€™t use linux influxdb-client.
I tried to get info into influxDB v2 before trying Grafana. But I cant see any data in the bucket.

To anybody having issue with Influxdb v2 (empty bucket), just follow the Tips from @tlangelaar. I also wrongly interpreted " Organization Profile" vs ā€œuser IDā€. Solved the issue by me.

Iā€™m an enthusiast user of Influxdb on Homey, and I would love to be able to report enum capabilities. Iā€™m not sure this app is still maintainedā€¦ Do you think this is doable ? (from a SDK point of view)

First I will update the app to SDK3, and will then look at new features like logging to Influxdb and also see if enums are doable.

2 Likes

First, thank you @balmli for great app. Now I have data from InfluxDB Cloud and Grafana and for those they would like to follow, I created two very simple screen by screen guides. I hope you donĀ“t mind if I share it here.

4 Likes

V. 1.1.0 with support for enums. Also flows to log numbers, booleans and text directly to InfluxDb.

Please test and report any issues here :slight_smile:

cc: @IamNague

2 Likes

The influxdb app states itā€™s connected. I get no data in my database and the measurements stays at 0
Anyone an idea if I do anything wrong? Do I need to create a flow to send data?

I have exactly the same no answer found.

If applicable: maybe add incoming / outgoing firewall rule(s) on the server?

Influxdb is running in a docker container. As far as I know there is no firewall on it. Also not on the host OS.

thatā€™s correct

Yes you have to create a flow to send data to InfluxDB.

I canā€™t find how to WRITE a value to InfluxDB

When I start this flow, even after 10 minutes the value is nog found in _measurement, _name or somewhere elseā€¦.

The app writes all measurements without any flow. Only flow you need is to set write frequency. I made the mistake of adding https:// in the url field in the app configurator.
Take a look in the configurator to see if you have any measurements and if the connection is online.

3 Likes

Thanks, but if i want to write a value due a flow how is that possible?

I canā€™t find the MEASUREMENT_TEST value 55 in my influxDb

Hope this isnā€™t a stupid question, but I have data from Aqara sensors (temp, humidity,pressure) that go to Insights but donā€™t appear in Influx. My other data does so I guess Iā€™m missing something??

I am also just playing around with influxDB for a couple of days now, but I think I know what could be the problem. As long as a sensor does noet give an update to Homey, there is no data of the sensor in de InfluxDB . Aquara sensors donā€™t update that often I think. However, I also have a few Aquara sensors and they do apear in the database after a while.

Hey @balmli ,

I have a request for BLL variables to be saved to the InfluxDB.
QlusterIT / nl.qluster-it.BetterLogic / issues / #12 - Be able to save numeric values to InfluxDB ā€” Bitbucket

[APP][Pro] Better Logic Library - Just some better logic, variable and library management - Apps - Homey Community Forum

When using flows for this, the flow will be killed when it gets executed to many times.

The solution for this i have just finished building and am using in the Device Capabilities App.

It would be great if you could implement this variable listener in the InfluxDB app :slight_smile:

If so, you would just need to execute these few steps:

• run npm install betterlogiclibrary
  • add "permissions": ["homey:app:net.i-dev.betterlogic"] to the app.json
  • import BL in the app.js const { BL } = require('betterlogiclibrary');
  • init the BL in your app.oninit and set the BL.onVariableUpdate
await BL.init({ homey: this.homey });
BL.onVariableUpdate = async ({ variable, formattedDate }) => {
	if (!variable.remove) return;
	switch (variable.type) {	
		case "number":
		case "trigger":
			writeToInfluxDB('number', variable.value);
			break;
		case "string":
			writeToInfluxDB('string', variable.value);
			break;
		case "boolean":
			writeToInfluxDB('boolean', variable.value);
			break;
	}
}

Thatā€™s it :slight_smile:
Well, ofc you need to really write it to the InfluxDB, but you get the point :wink:
And perhaps you need a setting if people want to write them, or something like that.

1 Like