[APP][Pro] InfluxDb

App works great here.
I use an InfluxDB in a Docker container on Qnap en write every 10 seconds data to it.
Never had an issue so far.

1 Like

Probably LAN problems at my end, asus mesh zenwifi

Hi,

Question, is battery info from the devices also pushed to influxdb?

Using influxdb cloud :slight_smile:

Thanks and happy holidays!

Battery data = in Insights & = numeric

Thanks Peter,

I saw that none of the devices as reported back yet so that’s probably the problem.

Does anyone knows what the montly costs are going to be for influxdb cloud and retention on forever?

Just for the homey data

YW, John. I just noticed my sensors do report battery level to Insights, but my tado° gear does not…:woozy_face: (but they do show battery level in the app and tiles).
So appearantly a battery powered device does not report by default to Insights :pensive:

Unfortunately no battery data in influxdb cloud. Anybody a suggestion?

CleanShot 2022-01-02 at 19.50.02

CleanShot 2022-01-02 at 19.51.32

Apparaat heeft zich 2min geleden nog ge-update, accu is 100%

Make a ticket with Athom, this is a problem in the Tado app that battery status is always 100% (at least in the old 3.x app it is always been like this). This is not an InfluxDB app issue.

Indeed battery status from devices other than Tado are registered and written to InfluxDB.

1 Like

These are not from tado but aqara / xiaomi.

These are working for me, I have a grafana graph for them.

I am looking at setting this up on my Unraid system. I want to run Influx and Grafana in Docker containers using docker Compose through Portainer. I have done this successfully with Influx v1 before, but not v2, and I am having some issues understanding how to set up the token for v2 through Docker compose.

Is there any huge benefit in using InfluxDB v2 for Homey stats in Grafana, or would v1 pretty much be enough?

I’m running v. 1.8 (I think it is), and that works good for me.

Thanks.
I went for 1.8.9-alpine yesterday and it works great :slight_smile:

Hi @balmli !

Thank you for this great app!
I’ve come across a use-case where I need to have values between changes i.e every hour despite no change to the value. I’ve tried to sort this out in grafana but to no luck. Is there any possibility to include a feature where users can select to write static values with given (and adjustable) time intervals?

Thanks again!

Have you tried using interpolating queries?

Hi, I have installed Influxdb (1.8.10) and grafana on a RPi 4 (Buster) without any problems.
Created an admin user with password, created a database and grafana is using this database.
I’ve used this tutorial: https://ehoco.nl/influxdb-installeren-op-een-raspberry-pi/

Installed the Influxdb app on homey and configured with IP adress, port number and creditadionals of RPi.
The app keeps saying “Disconnected”

I don’t know what’s wrong? /ping works (blank screen in browser?)
Is it because of editing sudo nano /etc/influxdb/influxdb.conf (see tutorial)

Also what is in settings, the paramater “Measurement Prefix” for? Do you have to fill this in?

Hi, sorry for my late reply. I eventually found a work-around in Grafana:
|> aggregateWindow(every: 1h, fn: last, createEmpty: true)
|> fill(usePrevious: true)
This seem to have done the trick :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have also influxdb running in docker on synology. It is up and running, and homey pro influx App say
Connected. But can’t see any data in the bucket Homey. Homey advanced flow shows connected but no data. What do I need to do more??

Paul

I just installed influxdb (v1) and grafana using this howto and it works ok. I just installed it on a Debian 11 server, no docker.

Do you see a number other than zero at ‘Measurements’?

In what way do you query the database?
On the server with influxdb I installed influx client

On Debian I did:
sudo apt install influxdb-client

Open the database:

influx -database 'homey' -precision rfc3339

Then the command line changes from ~$ to >
Now enter select * from “DeviceName”

An example device:
select * from "1.Growatt_Solarpanels"

This results in a list of these lines:

2022-07-20T10:45:11.345Z fa38e533-9058-4af3-b39f-1b1eb5d060ea               2.7         1.Growatt Solarpanels [0a] Meters ⏱ 742296cc-377e-4b14-8809-90aacd3de808