[APP][Pro] InfluxDb

Yes, I will have a look at it, after I have a working & tested version for HP23.

2 Likes

Great, i am sure @M_a_r_c_o and others will be very happy :wink:

Does this mean that the InfluxDB app will always have a dependency on the BLL app? Or is it only a dependency for the users that want to store BLL variables in the database?

Its optional, you don’t need BLL, InlfuxDB would not need anything from BLL.

@spkesDE has the same NPM Module in his Telegram app, but he has it completly behind a App Setting, only initializing the coding if a user activates a certain setting.

Edit:

The parts used voor listening to variables changes is just a wrapper around the App API.
Here is a simpler version i build for chronograph:
chronograph-npm - npm (npmjs.com).
Nothing special.

1 Like

For Homey Pro 2023, use test-version v. 1.2.1:

1 Like

Hello,

I do see a difference between insights and Influx data, which I display with Grafana. I did needed to updated my Grafana dashboard to see right numbers, but CPU load displayed in Grafana seems much higher than via Insights page. Diag report: 48bb6703-ce6d-4ac5-ae5c-71e31627f230

Below 2 screenshots from the last 6 hours for Insight CPU load and Grafana (influx exported every 27sec).

I compare this with my Homey Pro 2019 which is my production device, but insights does not work for the 2019 at this moment. I do know that graphs from Insight and Influx then are more of the same.

Hi,

I noticed that the app settings does not show anything.

I assume that is wrong …:wink:

Chris

Homey: HP2023 - v10.0.0-rc.78 , influxDb v1.2.1

Error/problem found. I just had to reinstall the app and after that the app settings were displayed again…

@balmli , may I ask, memory details per app are not being stored ? Seems I can find CPU per app but not memory, I’m on HP23. Thank you.

I’m using

obrazek

I see in the Influx DB only CPU :

obrazek

Just maybe update to the previous message - seems that 1 out of 7 restarts or so - I get also APP STORAGE readings, otherwise it’s empty. I always got App CPU measures but never App RAM - I’m suspicious that this inconsistency has something to do with HP23 - any experience anyone ?

I would like an update on how to do this now in 2023. Struggeling to make it work with my homey pro.

It would help when you eleborate on “this” a bit :wink:

1 Like

Hey @balmli,

I have just changed from using your stable branch to using your test branch.

I noticed that while the CPU-App usage will now be exported, the Memory-App usage will not.

Best regards :v:

1 Like

i’m using homey pro 2023. Everything working well. Yesterday I installed the Shelly app. Yesterday evening I tried to install the Shelly PM mini. It did not work because it was not on the same vlan as Homey. All this at yesterday evening at 20:00 (I don’t gidding, it just happened).
But since that time Influx db don’t work, Youless stopped as well as Envoy. At last I removed the Shelly app and waited overnight. No result.
This morning I reset the Shelly PM mini and connected it to the Homey Vlan. Installed the Shelley app again and was able to add the device.
But the mentioned apps (and/or devices) still don’t work. Restarting the apps, rebooting Homey and als o disconnecting it from power (waiting 10 sec at least) did not do the trick.
I’m not sure if I should post it here but it started with using Shelly for the first time.

For what is worth, I’ve created a diagnostic report just now: cbef964b-46ba-4603-9321-acc7fa568922

Just started using the app, thanks for the great job

1. It would be great if all power data measurements could be logged as well
  2. Is there any chance when logging custom data not just name them “value” but rather log multiple values under one measurement? Something like Power/input_watt, Power/output_watt, etc… - same as homey:storage logs storage_free and storage_total

Hello, i am beginer in homey. i am looking for app for databse. i want make table with 4 columns:
date, time, sensor, temperature.
i want put there some temeprature values and later make some calculation, average temp last month , last week etc…
is this program suitable for this? this table can be excel file or acces file or own app file.
i am looking for solution with local database on my NAS storage or in this app in homey. something what work without internet connection needed. where can i found some examples how work this app?
thank you :slight_smile:

This app only provides sending statistical information to a InfluxDB, on Internet or to a local InfluxDB instance. This instance can be a NAS, but also a Pi or any other computer which can run InfluxDB.

What is the NAS brand/type? Can it handle Docker containers?

I myself have a Synology NAS with Intel processor and additional memory and have docker stack with inside InfluxDB (1.x in my case) and Grafana. On the Homey the influxDB app and that is enough to collect all the information. More than you now ask for, but it is no problem te store all information.

And then use Grafana to visualize all data in InfluxDB.

How to install docker or docker stacks and activate containers, use google :wink:

Hello - sorry for my Google English.
I found the InfluxDB app here.
I wanted to transfer the values from a Shelly 1PM to an existing home server (with InfluxDB) via the InfluxDB app. (??)
The app (version 1.22) is running - logging into InfluxDB is also OK.
Does this basically work or am I thinking wrong?
Thanks for the reply

If the connection is established go to influx/Data Explorer/your_bucket. The app should transfer every device+capabilities after a while.

Hello,
I created a new bucket in Influx (homeydb).
The connection is established, but no measurements are created.
Where does the data go - to Nirvana? :smiley:
What am I doing wrong?

influx-homey2

influx-homey3

influx-homey4