[APP] [Pro] Honeywell EvoHome

Did somebody uses Evohome as well as Homeykit?
I wonder if homey can be used as a gateway to bring the Evohome data to Apples native HomeKit implementation

Some disapointing news about the Honeywell EVO app 4.3.0 (SDK3 and multi-location)

After submitting the app for certification / live version this is what i get from Athom :

Dear ML Development,

Thank you for submitting your app Honeywell Evohome for review and updating it to the latest SDK v3.
Unfortunately, your app has not passed the certification process, due to the following:
Honeywell is on the verge of submitting their own official app for Homey and Homey Pro.
Since your app is not an official integration on behalf of the brand, we cannot approve it.
Please remove the cloud platform from the app and transfer the app to a regular developer account.

Can’t reply to this rejection?! This answer has raised some questions :slight_smile:

• Whats is the timeframe, Homeywell will have there intergration ready?
  • Does the Homeywell app support the evohome?
  • When i moved it to a regular developr account, will it then approved for live version (only Homey Pro then)?
  • When i moved it to a regular developr account, how long wil it be there if Homeywell releases his app?

Very disappointed by Athom , for years this app runs on Homey(pro) fine, and now where taking it to the next level they reject it…
So much work and this is what you get…
Lets see if we can open the discussion with Athom.

1 Like

After a little chat with Athom the Honeywell Evohome version 4.3.1 app is now subimiited for live only for homey PRO.

Honeywell / Resideo will soon release a official app for homeyPro and for the homey(cloud), releasedate is not known.
We are looking forward for the new app and hopefully is support al features the current app also have.

2 Likes

Hi Mickel,

reading the last updates in this topic i’m bit bothered to ask this, i homey just updated the App (had automatic updates checked) but now i get a “spam” of Battery notifications in the feed on Homey
the batteries are fine so i guess there is a polling issue or something:

:frowning:
I got the update and my flows are broken because of the removed items.
Could someone tell me how to go back to the previous version?

• status check TTC
  • quickactions (on/off/eco/…)
    -…

Well, the battery status comes directy from the API data.
Hows the log on your evohome panel? Shows this the same result.

If yes : replace the battery’s :slight_smile:

@johnK, for the quikaction , add the QuikAction Device, then you have a quikaction devicecard and flows.
Don’t forget to reconfigure your flows!!!

TCC status check is useless… is working or not, if not your device will be in unavailable state.

Thanks for that @Mickel_Luiten
I got the flows working again.

Your app rocks :wink:
Goed gedaan man!

no battery errors in this log?

Don’t know why the battery alarm are triggered continuous.

Restart the app, and your evohome panel.
Maybe something is out of sync

Quick action isn’t available anymore? They have disappeared from flows!? Every quick action I had configured in flows has now disappeared!
Is anyone else experiencing this?

The “Quick action”-functions are gone from the app

Read this topic 2nd entry…!!!

Add the new device card quikactions then you have a device rads with the quikaction and the flow.

Don’t forget to reconfigure your flows

1 Like

OK, just found this out.
Why for God’s sake? Perfect timing, at the beginning of the heating season.

Is it possible to downgrade? Unfortuntely, I had the auto-update function activated. :frowning:

Timing is always bad ,. Summer , winter it does not matter. There always are users that complains.

I have taking over the development from ralpd last month to upgrade the app to SDK3 and to add some long lasting feature request.

Because of the these feature request and the way the old code was build I have to made some chooses .
These are the concession,. Sorry for that but it’s this or you can wait for the upcoming official resideo app (don’t know the release dat) and see which features this app brings

Is there any documentation on the below functions?

Not sure if it’s “eco” or “boost”. Seems to be both?
What is “custom” about?

Yeah , read your evohome manual :slight_smile:

I will.
If they are documented, I will post.

Honeywell Evohome Documentation
Calling a function “Custom setting” and then just literally have zero settings, is confusing.
Any sugestion where I could look next for documentation on the above?

Is there an older version available somewhere, for CLI?

Have had an update for Honeywell evohome 4.3.1.
Nothing is working anymore.
Installation of app is also not working.
Please, please any sugestions to get things working again…

You can set/configure the custom action in your evohome.panel.

I used it for :

1 zone(floor heating) stays on 20,. All other zones goes to 15…