[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Yes , it works now :blush: thank you :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been using the Homewizzard P1-meter since last summer and it has worked flawless. However, since 3-4 days, the Homey device has started to sometimes “flip” the value of the phase current (Current Amp phase 1/2/3), i.e. instead of always reporting positive Amp values, it sometimes “flips” the value, e.g. five subsequent values can be 1.2A, 1.3A, -1.3A, 1.2A, 1.2A.

I also have an old Tibber Pulse connected (in parallell) to the same electricity central, and the Tibber does not behave like this. I.e. for the above example, Tibber would report 1.2A, 1.3A, 1.3A, 1.2A and 1.2A.

Has anyone experience anything similar? See the attached graph.

thanks, Anders

Negative amp sounds odd. My code doesn’t manipulate it so it must come straight from your P1 anyway. Any hubs between your P1 and smart meter?

Yes, it’s very weird… No hubs. Use the Homewizzard local API towards Homey. We have solar panels so the energy can go in both directions, but as you say the amp value shall always be positive. It worked as it should since last summer, but suddenly since around last weekend I started seeing these negative values…

Check if you get the negative amp from the P1 when you see it via browser.
If so take it up with Homewizard support.

good idea, will do so when I get there next time (it’s a summer house). thanks

Changelog v3.3.10 (test/beta)

• Energylink added S2 solar capability
  • Energylink added S2 name tags (solar)
1 Like

Pushed v3.3.10 for certification to stable.

1 Like

Do the new energy sockets work with this? I can’t seem to find it as new device in Homey.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot to enable the local API…

They should work, mdns nothing changed for the new ones so they work out of the box (and yes dont forget to toggle local API :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Is there no other way? This issue comes back on a weekly basis and it only with the P1 module in Homey.
I have checked every time with an mDNS app and and the _hwenergy._tcp is there. Ip is fixed, Everything works perfectly (including like 12 other modules in Homey).
I understand this is irritating but rebooting 9 Meraki AP’s on a weekly basis is also frustrating.

Opnsense + Unifi network here and no issues, P1, watermeter, kwh meter(sdm230), 4 sockets so where is the problem?
I cant keep making exceptions and workarounds for everyone.
Code is in github and if you find a solution you can sort it yourself.
I am fed up with this, its a hobby not a job!

2 Likes

Then please say in the first message that it is a hobby project written by an amateur so a more serious project can be started that might run somewhat stable.

@Frederik_Verhoeven Those are some kind words, now the app developer will really try his best for a while.
But I don’t know if you read it, a lot of apps are made by volunteers and hobbyists.

1 Like

Yes I know. I’m even a bigger amateur in this. After spending days trying to get the thing working and searching, I finally ask the question. I get a “RTFM, idiot” and a few more messages in which I am ridiculed.

I then again try for week and obviously see the “solution” that was so obvious does not work. When reporting again that it does not work as it is described (yes agitated because I reread the andwers I received) I get a “I’m fed up and do it yourself”.

If that is how he is now into it… he should get out.

The popular the smart homing becomes the more it will attract “idiots” like me that can’t code.So if he’s not liking that people ask questions and show that it is not working should state so and walk away from it.

I’ll keep it nice to you in response rather using your choice of words as above.

Maybe homey platform is not your flavor of Home automation.
Your problem is not in my code as I cant control mdns failures in any way that is either Homey firmware or your Meraki network.
Raise a support ticket to Athom and hope they can crack your failing mdns.

2 Likes

Hi,

Is is possible to have a card when device is offline.
so when a device has lost internet and is offline that we get notified?

Just saw that one socket has no internet for 2 days, and would be great we can setup something by flow

Hi Bartj,

Homey had an internal card just for that purpose but they removed it, mine got broken as well. But there is caveat to your request, I cant see from the device locally if it is able to uploads its data to the cloud. So locally it can work all fine (local api interface of socket) and this internal card would not trigger at all. Problem stays we have no access to Homewizard Energy cloud platform to validate its last update/state/successfull sync.

1 Like

By making a flow for getting to maximum and minimum voltage for the day with the P1 device I had some problems.

The value of P1 change every 10 seconds. That I get from the device of P1 made on Dashboard.

On the left is it project what’s giving the problem.

The flows.

It seem that the red outlined cards the flow not started. Only by using the arrow on the cart.
First I had only the max and mini flow but I had to rested those values because they where not chance any more if we where between them…

The actuele voltage flow is also not working.
Using the timer flow then it’s OK.
The info on the timeline carts let me see that only the ET ( Every Time) carts where giving end of flow.

Very strange now.
Waiting till the timer the 5 minutes mark has past do to a test, is there a timestamp by the minimum temperature flow.
But still not the from “now” flow.

Test started with the first flow(23:59).
Result:
Min and max Volt was working.
‘Now’ Volt still not.
Time flow now out. Waiting.

Now the “Date & Time 5 minutes card” is free of the rest of that flow.
The values set to the start of the day, 200 and 250 .
Nothing is working now.

This is a very nasty problem to find-out.

Edit

Some extra informatie.

There was NO data of the red outlined cards the hole night.
When I connected the “Every 10 minutes card” again and saved it then those cards starting to work as well.

K 239 ↑

apr. 21 2024 09:53:57

K 238 ↑

4 minuten geleden

ET200V 237 =

4 minuten geleden

ET 237 ↓

4 minuten geleden

ET 237 ↑

4 minuten geleden

21-04-2024 09:43 min & max V reset

11 minuten geleden

K 239 ↑

The ET are the “Elke 10 minuten” (Every 10 minutes) card.
The K is the “Kaart”( card).
The 3x ET after reset bringing all the variables to same value.
K 238 ↑ makes the maximum to that value.

After disconnecting the ET card from the flow and save that and reset the values, again nothing.

Hi Theo,

First of all these trigger cards are created automatically based on the code used and aint custom cards I control inside my code. Further with the knowledge I have of these type if cards they only trigger once if the condition was met, which is what you want and expect but I tested with my kwh meter (my P1 has no voltage due to v4 smart meter).

Best result I get is adding extra layer in front if those 3 cards you used with this card and then a logic check with your required condition.

But I do feel there is a bug on these cards that must be raised with Athom dev team.

1 Like