[App][Pro] HomeKitty šŸ˜ø (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

Iā€™m on 2.2.7 and am unable to view the Homekitty bridge now. When trying to add, it says itā€™s already added. Iā€™m confused. Is this a common known issue?

What do you mean by ā€œunable to view the HomeKitty bridgeā€?

It just doesnā€™t show up in ā€œHomeā€ (homekit), even after a manual add. I had it working before. Itā€™s not in the Hubs list and canā€™t find nor add it.

If Home says itā€™s already added, it sounds like itā€™s already added.

What does it show in ā€œHome Settings > Home Hubs & Bridgesā€? (accessible through the three-dot-icon in the top right corner).

It says: Homepod, Homebridge (for cameraā€™s), Philips Hue and tado.

Can you show me the exact error you get when you try to add HomeKitty?

Interesting, after migration to HP23, the problem with the missing devices from the Device Capabilities app after a Homey restart and/or the incorrect assignment of these devices in Apple Home (Kit) are gone now.
I guess because HP23 is much faster than HP19.

Just a info for you, Robert.

1 Like

I plan to move all my devices from homeykit to homekitty. This means re-adding the devices in HomeKit and moving to correct rooms and automations. I mostly use this for temperature sensors, outlets and lights, some curtains and some virtual switches. Before doing so I would like to know if this is the right moment to move to the new architecture in HomeKit, before this action. Anyone any experience and advice on this?
I have an Apple TV HD as homehub.

I run my Apple Home with the new architecture on a Apple TV 4K 2:nd gen and I have moved from HomeyKit to HomeKitty.
I cant remember if I activated the new architecture first or if I moved to HomeKitty first, eitherway I have zero problem with this setup.

2 Likes

Hi @robertklep ! Nice App.

Quick bug about Thermostat (AC):

• The Power State (on/off) canā€™t be done by one clic on the tile.
  • The tile has to be open.

Probably the spec HMCharacteristicTypePowerState, not translated from Homey to Homekit? Canā€™t create automation (Turns off/on) as well.

I have the same thermostat from Homebridge, and I can turn it off/on by one clic in Homekit, without opening the tile. Not the case with HomeKitty,

In the video I can clic to toggle the AC (Bedroom 2) - (Homebridge)
But with Homekitty, the Living Room AC will open the tile and I have to change the mode :frowning:
homekit

I will publish as a bug in git if it can help! Thanks.

Yes, please create an issue on Github, when you use the ā€œFeature request/Unsupported deviceā€ template it will ask some relevant questions.

But FWIW, this doesnā€™t look to be related to (not) using HMCharacteristicTypePowerState, which isnā€™t used by the HomeKit Thermostat service at all (in that library, which is what HomeKitty uses, the characteristic is called Characteristic.On).

Thanks @robertklep, good point, the Characteristic.Active (not Characteristic.On?) is probably not set in HomeKitty (depending on ONOFF in homey).

I did open the Bug request: Thermostat (AC) - Missing Characteristic.Active (Power on/off) Ā· Issue #69 Ā· robertklep/name.klep.homekitty Ā· GitHub

Any one else having problems with HomeKitty? All my devises are unreachable in HomeKit.

Read the first post of the thread.

Hi I use homeKitty long time but my Honeywell thermostat is not working correctly, when I add to HomeKit after that few second the all thermostat gone in HomeKit. can u fix this? diagnostic report: d3296417-7dee-49c2-ad74-9b3ee0d3c98f

I WAS THE STUPID HOMEYKITTY ADD TO HOMEY ROOM AND AFTER ADD STANDARD ROOM ALL DEVICES.

Thereā€™s nothing for me to fix, HomeKitty seems to be working just fine. Please read the first post about common issues and how to solve them.

I have more than 200 devices in my homey.
I donā€™t want to clog my HomeKit and prevent issues, since I think homey will be added as a hub and there is a limit of 150devices for HomeKit.
Is there a way (like the HomeKit_exclude flag on HomeKit experimental) to exclude devices from syncing to HomeKit?

Did you try the app?

somebody in a different thread told me that there is an option to exclude devicesā€¦ didnā€™t found it when I first tried the appā€¦ Im configuring it right now.