[App][Pro] HomeKitty 😸 (aka HomeyKit 3.0)

I have no idea, but if the device doesn’t show up in the Homey app (I assume that’s what you mean by “settings app”?) or on https://my.homey.app/, it sounds like the device isn’t being created at all (which is strange, unless you have more than about 150 devices that get exposed to HomeKit, because that’s the upper limit on what HomeKit supports).

Can you try creating a flow starter device and then send a diagnostics report to me?

Please use the test version of the app, as stated in the first post of this thread.

1 Like

I sent you a report. 93922b45-8d40-4671-96ad-af4fc0ddecd8

The flow starter devices is being created in the homey as devices. But thy are not showing up under “supported, not added or unsupported” in HomeKitty
And like I said, all other devices works.

They won’t.

But like I said, try running the current test version of HomeKitty which is very much recommended for HP2023.

The test version did the trick! :smile:

Thanks man!!

I know it is impossible for you to know, but do YOU think it will be safe to update to the new HomeKit architecture and maintain the current state of the HomeyKit devices, so I don’t have to build all automation and scenarios again with the HomeyKitt devices that are transferring to the Home app?

Just your thoughts? :thinking:

I have no idea. I also have no way of testing myself because the new architecture requires a home hub, and the iPad that I used for years isn’t good enough anymore.

I see, then just hope for the best when I try :smile:

It works for me!

2 Likes

I have almost migrate to the new HomeyPro 2023!
and I just wanna say! you have made an amazing app! it is working perfect! Thanks again for the great app and work!

1 Like

I restarted Homey ca. 4 days ago, but until now I didn’t changed anything in the settings of the HomeyKit app and also didn’t restart the app. So I hope the infos of the diagnostic report are still useful:

d8104fe1-6cec-4df4-82fd-5375b5ee5e0b

For some reason, HomeKitty thinks that some of your devices keep changing substantially, which means it has to add them to HomeKit every time as a new device (one of the devices for which this is happening is called “Breyell”, created by the OpenWeathermap app).

I’ll have to investigate why this happens, but this is the cause.

Never mind, I wasn’t looking correctly.

It looks like there are quite a lot of devices which aren’t ready at the time that HomeKitty starts the HomeKit bridge, but the diagnostics report doesn’t contain the timestamp at which the app started, which makes it difficult to debug.

I think that something has changed in the way Homey boots, or starts certain apps, which is causing this.

Hi Robert,
after this last restart of Homey these devices are completely missing, although they are marked in the HomeKitty App (Device List → Added).:

App Devices Capabilities
– TV WZ (AVD)
– Couchlampe WZ
– Esstischlampe WZ
– Kino

The DC app needs really a long time to start until all devices are available. So I guess this is the problem in this case.
After a restart of yours HK app, the missing devices are now available in the default room in Apple Home(Kit).

I believe that the DC app depends on the BLL app, and it’s waiting for that app to start because it can create devices, which is something that HomeKitty cannot work around (unless I add a dependency on the DC/BLL apps, which I won’t do).

If they are marked in the HK app, it means they are published to HomeKit, but HomeKit doesn’t always like devices being added after the bridge (which the HomeKitty app provides) is started.

I don’t use the BLL app, btw.
Couldn’t simply delaying the launch of the HomeyKit app solve the problem (if possible)?
What would be an argument against that?

That’s what HomeKitty does already: after a reboot it will wait (and wait, and wait) until it sees that there are no more new devices being created (by other apps). At that point it will start doing its job.

However, if apps also implement delays before they create their devices, this method fails.

I could add a static delay, say 10 minutes, but I’m sure an app developer will come along and for some reason delay their own app for 11 minutes, and we run into the same problem.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks for explaining.
Then it is as it is and I have to restart the HomeKitty app (maybe with a flow) after a Homey reboot and reorder the devices in Apple Home(Kit).
Luckily I don’t have to restart Homey every day like others (have to) do. :wink:

I have the same problem since the last update of homey to 8.1.4 as fantross describes it. After each reboots I habe to add a couple of devices manually.

In my case the missing devices are virtual devices built with arie‘s app if this information helps somehow.

I don’t know what the VD app does internally that is causing this, but it used to work just fine and I haven’t changed anything in HomeKitty. There’s only so much I can do to work around quirks in other apps.

Has anyone tested if this is an issue with the built in HomeKit support as well?
I have had this issue but didn’t realize it was related to rebooting the Homey.
Can it be remedied by manually turning HomeKitty off before rebooting? (Just to be able to manually turning it back on again after rebooting) Or wouldn’t that make any difference?