You’re very welcome! I’m glad to hear the update completely resolved your air conditioning issue. Enjoy your Apple Home setup, and feel free to reach out if you notice anything else."
Version 2.1.24 — Reliability: Standalone accessories (TVs) now retry with a new port if a port conflict occurs during streaming. Strengthening: The theoretically weak randomness backup mechanism in the HomeKit code generator on the settings page has been removed; it now always uses a cryptographically secure random source.
Version 2.1.26 — The issue of devices becoming inaccessible from the Home app due to an mDNS advertising error has been fixed.
Version 2.1.28
New Diagnostics panel in Advanced Settings: see at a glance whether the bridge is actually advertising, how many accessories are bridged, which devices Homey currently reports as unavailable (the ones showing “No Response” in Apple Home), whether any mDNS advertising errors occurred and when, whether auto-recovery ran, and whether the connection watchdog is ticking normally — a watchdog that has stopped is flagged in red, while one that simply has not run yet after a restart is shown as starting up.
-
Improved HomeKit bridge discovery and mDNS reliability.
-
Fixed repeated service name conflict reports.
-
Reduced network-unreachable error reports during temporary connection changes.
-
Added safer automatic fallback handling for HomeKit advertisements.
Hey, I added your app to my Homey and it works fine for my devices.
One of the things I am struggling with is, is to get flows to trigger. What I did is:
- Create a Flow starter device in Homey
- Make sure that a button press of that Flow starter triggers my flow, through an extra flow
- Expose the flow starter buttons to Homekit, in the bridge settings.
- My Flow starters appear in Homekit
But in Homekit, when I press one of those buttons, it opens up the configuration page, saying that my button is not configured. In the Homekit Bridge settings, they are exposed as ‘Auto (Button)’.
In my Homekit configuration page I can assign stuff to ‘Press once’, ‘Press Twice’, ‘Long Press’, but that allows me to connect Homekit devices, instead of it triggering my Homey Flow.
I also tried changing the Expose as to ‘Switch’, to see if that does anything, but then the Switch turns on, and turns off quickly again, not triggering my flow.
Got any tips on how to get this working?
Hi , if you could send me your diagnostic log, it would help me determine the cause of the error.
Sure, this is my log id: be04ab31-730c-4c04-9e84-076b9a08b3f3
-
Added support for creating multiple independent Flow Starter devices.
-
Each Flow Starter now appears as a separate HomeKit switch.
-
Fixed multiple Homey Flows being triggered by a single HomeKit button.
-
Improved automatic switch reset and state synchronization.
This works!
- Improved bridge startup recovery and overall reliability.
- Prevented conflicts between publishing, syncing, and bridge reset operations.
- Added automatic retries for devices that fail to publish temporarily.
- Improved listener management to reduce duplicate events and resource usage.
- Added secure, persistent setup codes for standalone accessories.
- Preserved device selections during incomplete Homey startup states.
- Completed settings and diagnostics translations.
- Added new reliability, localization, and release integrity tests.
-
Improved HomeKit bridge reliability during temporary mDNS and network interface errors.
-
Added automatic bridge advertisement recovery.
-
Prevented the bridge from remaining incorrectly marked as published after announcement failures.
-
Improved watchdog-based self-healing.
-
General stability improvements and metadata consistency fixes.
Hi!.
Just wondering, are there any plans to support multiple bridges in the future?
For larger Homey installations, being able to split devices across two or more bridges could be useful, especially when approaching HomeKit’s accessory limit. For example, one bridge for lights and switches and another for sensors or other devices.
Hi! Support for multiple bridges is technically possible. If I receive enough requests from users with larger Homey setups, I might consider adding this in a future update.
HomeKit Device Bridge has been working really well with my Homey and Apple Home setup, and I’d like to thank @ugrbnk for the excellent support.
I had an issue with irrigation valves connected to Fibaro Double Relay Switch 2 modules: they worked when exposed as switches, but not as sprinklers. After I reported the problem, the developer investigated it, explained the cause, and quickly provided an update.
I’ve tested the update and can confirm that the valves now work correctly as sprinklers in Apple Home.
It’s great to see a developer who listens to feedback and follows through with a working fix. I’m very happy with the app and can recommend it to anyone looking to bring their Homey devices into Apple Home.
Thanks again for your work and the quick response!
What’s new
- Improved error handling for garage door, siren, blinds, speaker, and air purifier controls.
- Fixed a timing issue that could republish the bridge during shutdown.
- Prevented outdated device updates from overwriting newer states or restoring deleted devices.
- Reduced duplicate driver information lookups during simultaneous updates.
- Fixed settings inconsistencies caused by overlapping changes or failed saves.
