[APP][Pro] HomeKit Controller - for a better Homey

Can you eleborate a bit on what you are doing. You do not need Apple infra for starters.

I see two bulbs, i think you are trying to add these?

Invalid PIN is most of the time what is says… invalid PIN :wink: , you need the 8 number PIN for Homekit (usually on the device)

Just took a look at the product description, it is bluetooth and thread only. No Wifi. These cannot be added using my app.

You have to wait for Thread support in Homey.

Thanks for the prompt response Martin. The devices on my screenshot are actually WiFi so it totally makes sense that I don’t see my Thread devices.

But let me add; Homey Firmware v10.3.0-rc.5 enabled Homey’s thread radio.

Since there are so many “Homekit over Thread” devices do you think you can add that functionality?

(FYI: Homey will not by adding “Homekit over Thread” that’s why I have hope on your app :wink: )

Thanks!

Homey did not release support to developer for thread/matter…at least i did not see it…

I’ve tried to explain this, also linked to the relevant documentation, but I’ll state it again: Homey’s Thread support only pertains to Matter. And Matter is something that’s beyond the control of applications, it’s entirely handled by Homey itself.

That’s not what I said, I said that I don’t think Athom will add HomeKit over Thread. But I’m just a community member, I don’t know the actual plans that Athom has.

1 Like

Hi all! I just came up with an idea but I need someone smarter to tell me if that is possible. :slight_smile:
I (and many of us on this forum) have problem with Meross in Homey. I have 6x Radiator valves (MTS150) and a Meross HUB and as you may know (or not) it doesn’t work with Homey but according to the Homey App store - it should. Meross dev help doesn’t exist actually. BUT Meross officially works with Apple HomeKit and it DOES work for me. So I started to think, is it possible that it would work with Homey through this HomeKit Controller? Did anyone tried that?

Why haven’t you?

Ah you sneaky little Developer! I’m scared xD

Don’t know how the setup of Meross is done with the Hub et al. But the characteristics are available.
So if the hub is a bridge in HK terms, connect it, if the valve needs pairing, you can try that as well.

Well, valve cannot work without the hub, so I think the hub acts as a bridge.

Hi, first of all thanks for creating this app so I can probably get a work around with my IKEA DIRIGERA that became quite a mess after migrating from old Trådfri hub :sweat_smile: Now I have managed to pair the new Dirigera hub into this app, but many of the devices does not seem to work quite as expected and I get error messages. I just want to try and contribute if any data from these devices are wanted to make them work? Can I send some logs? Can I create a list somewhere in a repo? Right now this capability error is “bugging” me the most:

Let me know what I can contribute for the IKEA case :+1:
PS: I don’t see this error in the log :upside_down_face:

Well, I did what you said and it appeared in the Homey app but with error.

Does that mean it won’t work or I did sth wrong?

It’s working! :smiley: thank you very much @Martin_Verbeek!!

It would be nice if you could tell us how you actually made this work :grinning:
Just install Homekit controller app and add the Meross device? thats it?
What if the meross device is already in a ‘home’ (homekit)?

Just like it is said in the 1st post of this. If you added it to apple home, you have to delete it and than go to Homey app and add Meross HUB in this Homekit Controller. After adding it you than go again to add new device in controller and all devices you previously added to Meross Hub will show up. So you have to add them to Homey one by one. :slight_smile:

Adding the HomeKit Controller application to Homey PRO does not show any PIN, which is later needed to add a new device. How can I find out the PIN?

Homekit controller is an app. Not a device, no need for a PIN to add this app to Homey. Adding devices need a PIN.

1 Like

It should be on the device itself.

Hello,

I have the same problem as Oren_Malki had in December - Aqara FP2 successfully added but “you cannot control this device”. No flowcards, it just sits there.
Using the latest HomeKit controller (1.1.8), removed and added again (Aqara app in Android so no iOS device) but nothing helps.

Thank you.

PM me the log please.

go to app settings, click the log tab and copy clipboard

Hi all, hi @Martin_Verbeek ,

Thanks for the outstanding app! I was trying to connect 3 meross wifi plugs (210), 2 worked like a charm, but I can’t get the last one to show up. They’ve been set up in exactly the same way. Do you have an idea why this might be?

I have multiple homekit hubs in my home 2x homepod + apple TV 4 gen with ethernet, maybe it only recognizes devices connected to one of the hubs?

I have restarted all hubs and removed/added the wifi plug again, but at no stage was it showing up as a device I could pair via HomeKit Controller.

PS.: Should things like Apple TV or Homepod also show up as selectable devices or is the banner of the app just simbolical for the apple ecosystem? :blush:

Thanks a lot!