[APP][Pro] Heating Controller with utility prices

One feature request.

Could it be possible to add tags of all of the current days spot prices? I mean that one could have “Price0h”, “Price1h”, “Price2h” … “Price23h”

My usecase: I would like to find out that what are the spot prices for example between 10.00-17.00. I would check that if the prices during the these hours are all so high that it is more profitable to send the solar panel energy to the grid, I would heat up the water and house during the low price hours, and not with the solar energy produced. And other way around.

Would it be possible?

Ok, I see your point. Let’s meet halfway, and say that I’ll need 4 triggers - comfort and Eco enabled AND disabled. No reason to complain, I guess😋

Yes, I will add a json output from the price changed trigger, and also add an action with output. So you can calculate and extract any price you want

1 Like

Well, it’s either ECO or Comfort… So when ECO triggers, it’s not Comfort, and vice versa.

Also the “price changed” trigger has a “Heating” - tag. True = Comfort, False = ECO.

Great, thanks!

Cool app! Especially love the price ratio!
Very useful!

I’m curious, prices are announced at ~13 / 1 PM every day, would it be possible to have another ratio where you do the same but with prices from 13 and until midnight next day (or at least somehow make a ratio where tomorrow’s prices is included)?

Yeah, I guess it is possible. But, do you think a lot of user want this ?

The cheapest hour during the night wont work.
During the day it is no problem…
Maybe a bug?

What price area and what day did you test this ?

Got a issue with my flow not always running 3 times between a time period… Sometimes it does 2 sometime it does 4… Mostly it’s right with 3 but not always… Is the issue it’s cause the time period is over 00:00? And how can this be adjusted/fixed?

Use the Heating controller - price changed trigger

It does…

Any clue on how to fix the count of hours when it’s over midnight?

Very useful app!

During the transition from daylight saving time on October 30 (03:00) the flow card “Current price is higher than prices next NN hours” seems to have failed.
Not sure exactly what failed in the flow card, but it occurred between 02:00 and 03:00. Maybe a after the clock was moved back(?).

Hi.

Thanks for a great app!

I’m having an issue with the “Current price is among / is not among the X hours of lowest between START and END” condition. I have a variable for X that sometimes is 0, but I still get a TRUE result from the condition when it is the cheapest hour between START and END. I would expect this to always return false if X=0.

Am I using this in the wrong way or is this a bug?

Hi,

I’ve installed the app on my Homey Pro, and I find it under my apps. When I create a new flow I however cannot find it under “When” (along with the other apps I have). It’s not in the list. I tried removing the app and reinstalling it without any change of result.

I just sent you a diagnostic report if that helps (ends with b1b3de6e7aaf)

Best regards,
Tobias.

Did you add the heating controller device? Without that flow cards don’t appear.

Hi!

Doh! That’s it! Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry about the noise! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Tobias.

1 Like

Great app Bjørnar! Is it possible to add funconality:

1. Using tags (dynamic) to set the start and end, in the “Current price is among low hours between start hour and end hour”.
  2. Add “Current price is among the X lowest hours in the next X horus”. Current price is among the 2 lowest hours in the next 9 hours.
  3. Add “Current price is among the X lowest hours before X” Current price is among the 3 lowest hours before 06:00.
1 Like

Thanks! I’m busy upgrading some of my apps to SDK3, so they are ready for the Homey Pro early 2023 coming soon…

But then I will have a look at this.