[App][Pro] TECH Controllers app

Hey!

I’ve made an app to control my heating system based on TECH Controllers hardware. This company is locally known as TECH Sterowniki (linking for better Google indexing :wink: and is popular mainly in Poland.

This is my first Homey app and I’ve got very little experience with JavaScript, so please excuse any code mishaps :slight_smile:

The app is available here

Nooo nareszcie cos z PL. Dzięki bardzo

1 Like

Happy to see there is an app for that! Don’t know if it is still working, on my end a new device creation results in a tile with a spinner, any suggestions?

I bought the “EU-L-X WiFi - TECH Controller” and I am very happy that I can control the heating of the house through Homey!
Thank you very much :smiley:
It would be nice to have other features as well:

• Set heating with time limitation or set to schedule
  • Change operating mode to holiday or comfort.
    is this possible to do?

Hey! You can make these things happen using Homey Heating Scheduler App for Homey | Homey together with TECH Controllers app. With Heating Scheduler there’s a lot more options you can choose from, so it didn’t make much sense to implement these in TECH app directly.

Thank you very much, I will try it :slight_smile:

Hello,
I was surprised about compatibility of Techsterowniki products with Homey (I am from Poland).

However, based on app description, please tell me:

• do I need to buy room thermostats TECH R-8 for each room/zone to give input to main controller?
  • or Homey is directly connected to main controller (for example TECH L-8e) and it does not matter, which temperatur sensor I will use?
  • of course, temperature sensor will be assigned to zone/room in Homey and what I imagine, valves (for example STT-230/2T) will be assigned as well to zone/room in Homey?

Can you explain this architecture and connection more in details?

My goal is to control about 8 zones of water underfloor circuits and in each zone I want to install only temperature sensor (even without thermostats).

Thank you in advance.

BR,
Mateusz

Hi Mateusz,

so, to give you some comparison - my setup is that I have TECH R-8 room thermostats from TECH Controllers. I then have two floors with floor heating circuits controlled by two TECH L-8e controllers equipped with additional Wi-Fi RS modules. The temperature in each room is controlled through TECH STT-869 valves on radiators (bathrooms) and TECH STT-230/2T actuators on floor circuits operated by the mentioned TECH L-8e. In my setup I also use OpenTherm Gateway to control the whole house circuit temperature on the boiler through some elaborate workflows, looking at “temperature demand” in the house, external temperature, and other factors.

As for the actual operations of this app:

• it’s cloud /API-based integration. The app is not talking to the thermostats and doesn’t control the valves directly.
  • The app reads “zones” from emodul.eu API. These zones in my case are equivalent to rooms. The assignment of individual floor circuits to specific zones is done inside TECH system (not in this app) and was configured during the installation by TECH.

You should be fine with using just temperature sensors instead of actual thermostats for the rooms (I actually never use them to set the temperature), but I believe you need a sensor that will be able to feed the current temp back to the L-8e controller. Not sure if or how this can be done with a third party temp sensor. You can consider using TECH C-8R sensor in that case.

If you haven’t already, go to emodul.eu - there’s a demo account so you can see how that’s structured. The Homey app here uses the same API as emodul.eu does.

Hope this is helpful. Cheers :wink: