[APP][Pro] HDL Smartbus

Hi, and again thanks for making this fantastic app. I built a new house and ended up with HDL BusPro again. I would now unless for this app. I have discovered 2 issues so far. As 0-10v dimmer does not show up, i believe it acts as a normal dimmer, just the model name missing (HDL-MRDA0610.432) I see this has been mentioned before. Can i find anything to help?

II have found a bug related to a DMX dimmer (SB-DN-48DMX), it flashed to 100% then goes to the Dim to value set (0-99%) If i set 100% its ok, if i set 0% i flashes at 100% then turns of. This does not happen if i control the light directly from Homey with the dimming slider. Any idea?

Hi guys,

Iā€™ve had the possibility to add look at some issues:

On your bug on DMX @Eivind_Bo, I canā€™t find any error in the code that would make that happen. Any change of state on a dimmable channel (even on/off) are just setting the level somewhere from 0 to 1 on the HDL side, which corresponds with 0-100 on the Homey side.

Checking the reported status of HDL devices in Homey being slow as reported by @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe and @Nichel, I canā€™t see that on my side or find any changes in the code that should influence that. Suggest that you look into the network as suggested earlier, or check the load on your Homey.

@Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe Iā€™ve created PR Adding flow trigger cards and switching to compose by alydersen Ā· Pull Request #27 Ā· alydersen/hdl-smartbus-homey Ā· GitHub that adds trigger cards for dry contacts on multi sensors. Getting it to work required some structural changes to the code base, so Iā€™m not going to merge it until @ojnordah have created a PR for his changes, or else heā€™ll have a lot of merge conflicts.

New version 0.7.3 is out on test, let me know if it adds the needed devices: HDL SmartBus | Homey

Andreas

Great @AndreasL. Really appreciated :clap::pray:

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™ve changed the test version to live and added a new test version (0.8.0). Most of you are running the version released two days ago now. The new version is a rename of how traffic on the bus is handled (incoming). Choices made in the design when there was only a couple of device types could reduce speed now that there are many more, and this fixes that. Also, if you have complex HDL-setup or devices that creates a lot of noise, this new release should improve efficiency. @horakmar and @ojnordah : Iā€™ve made changes in all device-types, so check out app.js and and the hdl-folder to understand the new approach. As usual, this is available at test: HDL SmartBus | Homey.

Changes in the code in this PR: Improved class instantiation for signal receive by alydersen Ā· Pull Request #28 Ā· alydersen/hdl-smartbus-homey Ā· GitHub

Andreas

Hi all,

On the new Homey Pro announced today:

• With cabled network as an option, communication with the bus should potentially be better
  • Nothing in the announcement seems to indicate any difficulties for our app
  • Iā€™ve put myself on pre-order and should be prioritised due to being a developer, so Iā€™ll test and report, hopefully sometime around Christmas this year.

Andreas

Hi Andreas

Thank you for your continued effort in developing the HDL app. Much appritiated. And thank you for your advice in developing by use of Github. I will continue the learning process when back from a holiday up in the Norwegian mountains.

Ole Jacob

2 Likes

FYI: The test version is now changed to the live version as it has been running on 8 locations for some days with zero errors. You should get version 0.8.3 now automatically.

Andreas

1 Like

Are you all succeeding in using UV switches in Homey? I have challenges that when sending in example UV1 from Homey strange things happen. The reason is that many units have UV1 for different functions.
I have tried many different UVā€˜s and also experienced that this in example disables motion detection on PIR sensor.
How do you ensure this is not happening yourselves?

HI. I use many UVā€™s, but have not noticed any problem. I use the logic controller to react on the UV swich commands sent from Homey.

@Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe It sounds to me like the problem is how you have set up your devices to react to the Universal Switches. BTW: There is a new test version now ready for you to test the flow card triggers for Multisensor DryContacts.

I discovered that its not possible to add floorheaters in v090. I have tested version 7.3 as local install, which works, but from 8.0 it does not. (at least on my Homeyā€¦)
I have tested the flow card triggers for Multisensor DryContacts, but I do not get them working. Triggers for PIR works. Am I missing something?

Thanks for testing @ojnordah! Iā€™ve released 0.9.2 now for test, with the humidity included. About the issues with adding floor heaters: Do you get any errors, or is just nothing happening?

No error message. ItĀ“s just teporting that no units is found

Hi @AndreasL
Really appreciated. I have tested the dry contacts. The dry contacts show activated/deactivated and seem to work when looking at the device.
However, for some strange reason it does not work with the flow card triggers to send notifications with push notifications or put om the timeline, which is the most important thingā€¦can you see any reason why? Also experienced by @ojnordah

What do you mean with PIR triggers, is PIR motion now working ?

PIR motion triggers worked when I tested them yesterday. I have not tried them before. I will do some more testing tomorrow.

Hi @AndreasL and @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe .
I have done some testing on v092 for the Movement and Dry Contact triggers, and the Humidity reading.

It seems as activating UV212 does not work. Iā€™m not sure if UV 212 is to be set on the ID for the sensor, or for the ID of Homey. But I have tested both. Movement trigger works, both showing in app and for the flowcards, when ticking the ā€œUpdate status automaticlyā€ box in HDL sensor setup. Only activating UV212 does not help. In the same way Dry Contacts triggers only show in app when ā€œthe box is tickedā€. The flow cards do not work for dry contacts.

Reading Humidity works perfect for HDL-MASTH.2C sensor. But including the humidity has caused two issues:

• For the humidty sensor Movement is triggered in the app. (the sensor has no movement function)
  • For all other multisensors humidity is showing the value 255.
    This works for me, but might be cunfusing for others that donā€™t have a setup with humidity sensor(s).
    I have looked at the code and have some ideas of how to fix it, but regretly I havenā€™t the coding knowledge to actually do it as of now. But I can make a try. If you can see a solution @AndreasL that will give a result sooner.

Anyone know how to set dim level over time with hdl light? I want to turn off or on the lights over a period of im example 3 seconds instead immediately?
The fibaro app has this integrated.

Hi @Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe and @ojnordah,

Iā€™ve pushed a new test-release now with some fixes:
For the dry contacts Iā€™ve had to make a whole new approach. This included creating custom capabilities and adding them to the multisensors. The new capabilities are called ā€œDry Contact 1ā€ (through 4) and when I tested them at my house, I also get the flows to trigger. The multisensors donā€™t seem to send out an update when a dry sensor is changed, so for me the flow is triggered when the app asks for updates from the device, which is every minute. This means that you might have to wait 59 seconds for the flow to trigger. Also, I recommend that you delete the multisensors and add them again to make the install clean.

For the humidity sensors, I think I might know what the issue is. Since a device needs a capability, all multisensors are automatically added with alarm_motion as a capability. To avoid this, we might have to create a separate device type for the humidity sensor. Does it do anything else than humidity @ojnordah ?

For UV Switches and 212, Iā€™ll take a look at it the next time I have some time off.

@Fredrik_Meyer-Lampe Having dim level respect time periods duration demands a bit of a rewrite. Iā€™m not sure I have the time for that.

Andreas

Hi @AndreasL
Very good! Thank you. The humidity sensor does it all, apart from Motion. There is also an outdoor sensor that does it all including both humidity and motion.
I have discovered the same by leaving out code in driver. js (by using ā€œ//ā€ before code) and see what happens. By doing so I have found a way of not showing results for Motion and Humidity for sensors that do not have that capabilities. Itā€™s also possibile to leave out the icon for the humidity sensor, but not for motion since that is part of the code which is needed to discover and include Multisensors.
I will send you a PR with a (not finished) suggestion on a possible fix.

Ole Jacob