[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

https://www.google.com/search?q=where+can+I+upload+short+video+temporary

Here is the link: RPReplay_Final1692695323.mp4 - VEED

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t see anything wrong hereā€¦but maybe someone else will.

Sorry that looks normal, can you explain what you expect to happen?

I expect that I donā€™t have to press ā€œrepairā€ every time to see the overview of device. I expected that when I press maintenance I immediately see the overview of the device. In my opinion, this was also the case when I used Homey 2019.

You are right.

No sorry that is completely controlled by Athom as far as I am aware since it was created it always has been ā€œmaintenance ā†’ repairā€ and never just maintenance.

I would love to have more control over how this is layed out and even the ability to dictate what items are in maintenance ā€¦ but I donā€™t. It is not possible for me to rename it, move it or alter it in any way.

Any concerns you have over the layout of these areas please contact the general Athom support help and put in a request.

Hey everyone, Athom has changed the way apps get feedback.

There is now a ā€œthanksā€ button on the app page, so if you like the app please head on over to the app page and hit the thanks button it will only cost you a couple of seconds of your time.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hello All,

this is a really cool app. However, in one of the versions, there was the possibility of editing groups after creating them; that is adding or removing devices to an existing group. Unless I am missing something, it seems that this option / feature is not there.

Can someone confirm?

Thnak you.

Choose for repair device

Hi all,

Am I correct to assume that the Hue lightstrip plus does not work correctly with this app? Reason I ask is because I created a group for all my living room lights, which includes a Hue lightstrip plus, and it works fine with the exception of the lightstrip. Basically absolutely nothing happens to that specific light when I do anything with the group, doesnā€™t matter whether itā€™s switching on/off or changing anything else; the lightstrip simply doesnā€™t respond.

I have three hue light strips and the app is working with all of them. (Two are in the same group, another has its own group with other lights in that room).

Perhaps try restarting homey and see if it work then, you can confirm that the light was added correctly by going into settings ā†’ maintenance ā†’ repair. And view//change all the lights in the group.

Hope this helps, also welcome to to the community!

Well I feel quite, shall we say, daft (to keep it PG lol). After I had asked my question I figured Iā€™d just delete it from Hue and then add it to Homey directly with the Hue Without Bridge app, and then see if it would work like that. Lo and behold it worked like a charm.

Soā€¦ already starting to suspect my own daftnessā€¦ I then removed the lightstrip from Homey, added it back to Hue and then back to Homey again using the standard Hue app.

ā€¦And it workedā€¦ Like a charm.

Man, for someone whoā€™s worked in IT for 10+ years and always tell people to ā€œrebootā€ I sure feel like a dumb dumb right now for not just remove/re-adding right away lol.

But hey, it works now so yay!

And thanks! :smiley:

Hey folks,

Iā€™ve been using Group for quite some time and a happy user too. However, recently it stops working after a while and I have to restart the app to make it work properly again. After a couple of hours, it then fails again. Right now I have a restart flow that runs every 12 hours but thatā€™s not enough.

As it is getting quite annoying I was wondering: Does anyone have similar behavior?

1 Like

Dear all,
I use Group only for a set of 3 Hue bulbs which are in 1 lamp.

It often happens that when I want to switch off these Hue bulbs, 1 remains ON.

When I manually restart the app, it seems to resume working properly for some time, but it will ALWAYS return to a moment of which 1 bulb (always the same) remains ON.

Anyone else these kind of issues? (Using version 3.2.4). @Jamie can you help?

1 Like

Hey ,

So if you try and use the gorup - and one device fails keep trying. Then send me a diagnostic report but please make sure that you let me know your forum use name, and what is the name of the group failing .

Ill have a look from there.

1 Like

Hi, I have as well the problem that lights in a group do not all switch on. I read that you should add a delay to resolve that. However, I do not find the setting to add delays. I am running v3.2.4. Do I miss something?

Thanks for the help,

Christian

For some reason delay exist now only got eg. Other type of group - so you must recreate group from scratch

1 Like

Thanks, found it :slight_smile:

What version of homey software are you on, and is it a zwave device which is failing? Latest version had some changes to retries. What homey hardware are you seeing this in? Is it after a migration?

Personally I donā€™t use delays - I havenā€™t needed to for some time (especially hp23)

The thinking regarding why ā€œother devices ā€œ have a lot more options is that they are for advance users. Which adds additional power - but also risk of making a mistake and messing it up.