[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

There is no setting menu, yet

You will need to wait for Jamie to take a look…

1 Like

OK so it is not possible to fix the broken groups anymore?

Now several groups do not work (red triangle) anymore and other groups show incorrect data (for example average lux of a group of sensors)…

Thats why you always switch auto update off on apps if they work and you’re happy with it😇 and if you want to update check the changelog and forum first.

2 Likes

I would wait, because Jamie was working on migration routines, however not sure why it didn’t work for everyone. Seems to be tricky… when it happened for past several days, is reworked my groups twice, also to get newest drivers of , so it’s anyway Win:Win.

Shoutout to @Jamie who is doing all this work for us. It’s so easy to complain when stuff doesn’t work. This app has been so useful for years! You are legendary!!

7 Likes

Thanks everyone, regarding the ability to add / remove devices from an existing group. This feature has actually been broken for a while now on your existing devices.

On the very first post :

I have pretty limited time for my hobby (ie. this app being one part of this hobby). So if I have a set amount of time per week, I think that the best use of my time would be to fix problems people have, add the settings back, and look at new features. Instead I seem spend a large amount of time -

• Replying to 1 star reviews
  • Reading posts in this thread / message box , and repeating myself
    • 14 different messages from people asking where a version of the app which supports the HP23
    • How many messages now about the settings page?
  • Looking at diagnostic reviews of the ‘app not working’ only to find that they mean that the app settings has been implemented yet.

So if you want your problems fixed, or the settings re-added, or a new feature. I need your help, read the first post the thread, send diagnostic reports with lots of detail as to whats going on. (ie. what device isn’t working). Don’t ask questions answered, be really clear if there is a problem as to what the issue is.

Help me … help you.

To be clear

Version 1 of this app was created for pre-release version of homey back it was written by someone called Bas back in 2016. Later in 2018 ie. 5 years ago I re-wrote it and released version 2.3, (coded for the brand new sdk2), in last 5 years I have hardly touched this app. The fact that the latest release has moved from version 2.4 to 3.1 it was not symbolic it represented that massive backwards breaking change to the application.

760 Files were changed
35,450 lines of code added
33,879 lines of code deleted

This was done over 52 separate code releases, and the app has been in testing for weeks.

I really want to thank the people who did help me test this application, I know it has caused some of the testers additional work creating groups and sending the info off, but I really appreciate it.

To everyone else, if you have a problem with the fact that this version of the group app broke your groups - maybe consider helping test the app in the future so that I have enough data to fix these problems.

Or if the group app adds no value with out the ability to add/delete devices after creation :

1. Restore your homey back up from yesterday
  2. Turn off auto updates to the group app
  3. Turn off auto updates to your homey - because your group app will stop working as soon as athom release v10 of homey to older devices.

Now reading the posts in this thread, Its not clear but I think that the app is working for most people?

@Jahn_K not sure whats going on ill have a look at the diagnostic report and get back to you.

@Strauman - I would love to hear more about it failing when a device in the group is deleted, that didnt happen in the old app, ill test to see if its still occurring. I wonder if it is failing because during the migration it cant get the details of the deleted device … and so it cant migrate.

Can you please restart the app and send me a diagnostic report, including your name and the name of the device failing.

@B3rt what do you mean “nothing” can you please been more specific as to what is happening, i’ve looked at the diagnostic report and everything seems to be working? Can I please get more specific details.

16801154856 [info] [device:Ambilight < hue >] [setGroupCapabilityValue]  { 
 Setting group capability: dim to 0.31 :: [0.15, 0.07, 0.09, 1, 0.24](mean) 
}

I really need more specific information from people who groups are not working, so I can look into why - and fix it.

4 Likes

Hello,
After updating it works again for me without any change
Many thanks for your reactivity
Good job

Might be something in deleted devices being a part of a group, or renamed ones…

I have an issue with groups where a device is missing but still listed in the group. Can I remove the actually non-existent devide somehow? OK, I read this will be coming back eventually.

Really sorry to everyone, I only speak English.

So I cant read any diagnostic reports or errors in other languages, please consider this especially if you send through a report in english … but all the devices are named in another language - in order for me to help you need to let me know what the name of the device is (even if it seems obvious to you).

@onkelperi - please update your version of Homey to the latest version (8.1.3), once you are using the latest homey version - the group app will be able to be installed again.

I have had a couple people send messages that their bliinds/windowcoverings are not working any more, I didn’t have any blinds to test them migration on - can anyone confirm whether or not old / new shades work?

They do all work me fine - 8.1.3 and 3.1.10 version on HP2019

I have released a new version of the group app,

Groups which contain devices which don’t exist … will now load. however I really don’t recommend having groups with broken device in it - its just going to slow down your group.

4 Likes

So I think I have fixed the issue, but in the process I actually broke all of my houses groups and overwrote all the devices in my groups with the same three devices :face_exhaling: .

So I no longer have anyway to really test the work or migrations as I am about to start all my groups from scratch and redo all my flows.

Good luck everyone, unfortunately I need to now spend my time fixing my house before coming back to this app.

4 Likes

Hey, is it no longer possible to edit a group?

2 Likes

Thx for your work Jamie!

For me the blinds group works great btw. HPE2016 & app version 3.1.14

Jamie no backups - cloud / community backups ? I’m sorry for you, yet I hope it’s already working for rest (HP2019 is ok for me, HP2023 can report later)

Look at the first post👆🏻

“ Notes

Version 3 of the application has been released, v3 adds support for SDK3, and will work with the new Homey Pro 2023.

Additionally it includes many stability fixes, and features - but did mean there were breaking changes I have made every effort to limit the people affected but there may be some people/groupswhich will stop working.

While many features have been added, currently it is not possible to add or delete devices from a group - after the group has been created. This will be added in the near future.”

Jan sorry but I can’t accept this. Either don’t use it or when facing some issues, ask for help…but please not this way.
The correct way - " Jamie, seems I still can’t control my curtains, can you have a look - I’m using version 3.xx.xx on Homey 19/23 and here is diag… would you mind to have a look?"

Please edit previus comment in this way and maybe you will contribute to improvement of this great app.

5 Likes

I have no problem in you expressing your feelings.
Would you mind showing me where the settings menu is located / gone to?

Just a few comments above:

4 Likes