[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

New test version 3.0.10 :

• Adds additional sensors
  • Virtual Classes will now be displayed as an option when creating a group. (ie. if you have a socket which is set to light - it can now be grouped as part of the “light” driver".

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Jamie , now when I was repairing my groups as some of devices left network, I realized that the TILT function is still not available for Blinds Group, only Position - action card. Is that something you will maybe include in some of the next releases ?

Are you able to send me a diagnostic report of the pairing?

The blinds have the following capabilities

"onoff",
        "dim",
        "measure_battery",
        "windowcoverings_state",
        "windowcoverings_tilt_up",
        "windowcoverings_tilt_down",
        "windowcoverings_tilt_set",
        "windowcoverings_closed",
        "windowcoverings_set"

I know it may look odd that it has dim, but back in the ‘old days’ some blinds were created using that before the windowcoverings existed.

1 Like

New version of the group app. : 3.1.0

This version, includes various fixes as well as the new fused groups.

Fused groups are a way to ‘fused’ two (or more) devices together, turning multiple items into one.

By fusing these two devices together, I can choose which capabilities work on which device.

I personally use this app when I have a smart globe attached to a z-wave smart switch.

For example, if you were to merge a z-wave wall switch and a smart globe. eg Fibaro Switch & Philips Hue. I could choose any combination including the following :

Capability Which Device
On/Off Use Fibaro Switch
Dim Use Hue Globe
Colour Use Hue Globe
Temperature Ignore
Mode Ignore
Meter Power Ignore
Measure Power Use Fibaro Switch

The above would give me a new device in homey, which can be controlled via devices, in flows or by Alexa/Siri/Google but when I turn it off, it uses the switch but I can use the same device to dim or change the colour.

With our merging them I have to either remember very specific names of what to turn off when using voice control. Or have my voice control either turn off the wrong thing, or let them get out of sync or even turn them both off.

This will be the last ‘feature’ release, there will be some clean up, but assuming all testing goes well this is the version which will be released to everyone.

Special thanks to @robertklep who helped me with a bug which I was really struggling with.

5 Likes

Hi @Jamie , thanks a million for this. It’s truly a life saver when working with tons of different devices (especially like the combo of sockets and bulbs).

I noticed in your original post you mentioned editing an existing group as “next up”. As I haven’t seen any update on that specifically in the release notes, is that something still yet to be done, or should it work and I just need to recreate the group or similar?

A small feature request also if I may (inspiration from @robertklep on how devices are exposed/selected in homeykit). It’d be great if the devices would include the room they’re in when defining the groups. Something like “Window lights (living room)” would help a ton in figuring out which one of all the window lights I have I’m looking at in the list :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

1 Like

Sure, do you mean diag.log right after creating new group? Diag b9c6c2f9-5507-4477-b025-35ab360a0a62

Just maybe to better explain - newly created device has both capabilities but not actions card for tilt…

Do we need to recreate newly created groups with previous version ? Seems several groups got broken after update…
Basically luminance, motion, contact groups are off + one I created to join Luminance…

2338684f-a092-476d-ba52-0d206c1fe1fd

update nevermind, going to fix them manually

You are able to edit and change how values are calculated (or ignored) - the ability to add or remove devices from a group will be released after 3.1.0 - I don’t want to delay getting a working version of the group app out to the people migrating to the new HP23, while I do that work.

Thats really odd, the app uses the built in capabilities of Homey, so if the flows are not coming up, then there might be a problem with Homey. Do all the devices with in the group have this feature, which version of Homey are you using and did this work in the v2 of the group app?

Perhaps I could look at that, my convention is to prefix a devices name with the zone name already, and this works really well for my setup up, so its not a high priority for me. But ill add it to the feature request.

No you shouldn’t need to recreate the groups after the update, if they are not working then I have made a mistake in the migration process. Please send me a log of the group not working so I can fix it for others?

Thanks

Understood. I considered ghat too but it makes names of devices a bit messy with for example Siri when exposing it all to homekit.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed :point_up_2::+1:

Hi Jamie, I’ve sent you a Diagnostics report 92e74b61-63ec-422d-af52-bcd71977708f where some of my devices show Invalid version.
Sorry if I have repeated anything already reported but I haven’t been keeping updated on the progress so there were many entries for me to read in this thread.

1 Like

Yep, I find it also very odd, because the device itself (meaning Grouped device) shows both options - tilting and positioning, but - the flow action is missing for that group device. Not sure if you see anything in previously shared diag - b9c6c2f9-5507-4477-b025-35ab360a0a62 .
Also this happens with both, v2 and even v3 devices and it’s long-term “issue”, I believe maybe since Athom introduced Tilting capability for Fibaro roller shutters ? Unfortunately because of that I can’t use Group for setting tilt, only positions. Let me know if additional details are required. Also I tried different type of grouped devices - Blended and United groups, the results is always same - tilt action card is missing.

Yep, I was expecting that, I have previously shared diag. - 2338684f-a092-476d-ba52-0d206c1fe1fd
Anyway, I recreated all of those yesterday and today, after upgrade to 3.1.1 another group got broken, diag. 07e37efc-9163-418c-b510-2a92b124e461 - will fix again manually.

One “small” feature request if I may - is it possible to introduce some kind of filtering, when creating groups ? Eg. picking up 2-3 devices from 200 devices is lengthy process… :slight_smile:

Thank you for everything !

I have taken a guess at whats going on based on the diagnostic you sent through, and released a new version of the app, please install and let me know how you go! < group > App for Homey | Homey

Each to their own, with Alexa if your in the same room as the device, you dont need to say the prefix, however if I am in another room generally I want to say which rooms lights to manage anyway. Either way at the moment it is alphabetical.

This is something I have been thinking about, and agree could be useful it might also help solve your problem @hyper ?

1 Like

It appears the fix has worked, all my groups are working now. Thank you for the great support.

@Jamie Hi, can i get access to the beta im on HP23 thanks.

Just click on any of the links to the test app in this thread.

Thanks

1 Like

If you’re saying the filter would work on room names/zones, then Yes, that should solve it :partying_face:

Latest Test version is up, if everyone could please test this and let me know if there are any issues.

This version has been submitted to Athom for approval to go live.

Thanks everyone for your help and patience.

7 Likes

I have some problems with one of my groups hope u can help me.

Have you sent diag. report ?

Yes i have sent a diag report

1 Like

None of my groups are working now. 3.15 and 8.13 (2019 pro)
Any suggestions?

1 Like