[APP][Pro] < group > (3.2.4 - Stable)

When installing this version to my 2019 homey it says: [Incompatible_app_version]
Is that what you mean with enabling it for v8 apps??

Yes, its not currently enabled for older homey devices.

1 Like

Tested on my 2023, installs without issue, can make new groups (tested ā€œlightsā€ only) and all settings work. Previous groups (migrated from my 2019) show up, but donā€™t work, canā€™t switch them on/off.

Hi, I would be happy to test the 2023 version. Where can I find it and how can I install it?

Please scroll a few posts backā€¦

@robertklep thank you, I thought the links to the group app in the earlier posts were to the old version, didnā€™t recognize it as test versions. Thanks again. I am going to test it.

I have opened to group app test channel to people running older homey devices.

If the groups do not work , please make sure to send me an diagnostic which includes which group you attempted to control, which devices are in it - and if any at all worked.

Note that this test version still does not include sensors/alarms, I am hoping to add them back in very :soon:

1 Like

Hi Jamie,

just sent for Motion, Thermostats and Luminance groups got broken, rest seems to be okay

4955075a-f2db-4eaf-9576-17dea64d8b0d

and thank you for SDk3 update

Btw reverted to 2.5.3 and all is working fine, so can test again later if needed

Hi
I have been using groups for a long time on my PRO 2019, and is now getting the new 2023
So please give me access to the latest wersion of the app :slight_smile:

?

Hi Jamie, thanks for your work!

I just tried the sdk3 version on my Homey early 2016 and my Window Coverings group breaks:
7ddd12e1-3656-4df8-851c-1e34172300d5

Thanks everyone

@Sharkys thoes are ā€œsensorsā€ next time I get some free time, Iā€™ll add them back in should be rather simple, Iā€™m just thinking of the best approach, to keep things easy for new users.

@Retrospected the error report you sent through didnā€™t provide any info sorry (was completely empty).

Two questions which will help me :

1. Are you able to create a new window coverings group or ie was it the migration that broke it or is it broken across the board?
  2. When you say its broken - does it throw an error, show as unavailable, or does the group just not work?
1 Like
  1. For Window Coverings i donā€™t see my original devices listed. I only see the old [offline] group. However if i add a group of categorie ā€œ JaloezieĆ«n & Lamellenā€ i can add the devices in a new group just fine.

2. the old group is there but shows as ā€œunavailableā€

Thats a bit odd, its almost like its a different device class and there is no driver for it.

Are you 100% certain that it was a window covering and wasnt set up as ā€˜otherā€™?

I know Iā€™m not being asked but I confirm I saw my blind covering groups in 2.5.3 and also latest test version - at least there was no ! sign :wink: Not sure if you will find confirmation in the debug log I sent you yesterday also not sure it helps with the case of Restrospected

1 Like

In my case @Jamie was right: my group is actually configured as ā€œotherā€

I tried to find the settings to change the devices in an existing group. App says: go to homey setting page and than moreā€“> settings ā†’ group.

But the more section doesnā€™t exist and going from the main settings page to settings and looking in the apps section the app is not in the list.

Am I overlooking something?

@Eric_Richters

Also need to add ā€˜otherā€™ devices as deprecated items, to allow older flows to continue working.

4 Likes

I tried to remove a device from an existing group today. The group app says: ā€œError: group.setSettings is not a functionā€:

@Joost_Else Please read the previous post in the thread.