[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

I hope that eufy wil make this work better in the future maybe a better Api, maybe we all can push them a little bit. Live picture in Homey end more!

If a do a setup like in the picture.

Wil this work? I want the home base to sound alarm when the floodcam outside sees movement en there is no one is at home or a sleep. ?

Hey @Yannick_Eeckelaert
If you want the homebase to alarm you can do something like this:

What is the deference between person detection end motion detection? I do not want that the alarm sounds wen there is a cat or animal

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

1 Like

Person is person only,
Motion can be anything. also cars, wind etc.

The general alarm card (which i used in my flow) is a combination of all. So if one of the detection goes off this alarm card goes also off.

For the people with Unifi and Eufy.
We need some help here :slight_smile:

Hi Martijn,

I need to trouble you again. Everything was fine. But now I can not change security modus for the homebase end the floodcam, light activation floodcam also not working. Even got network error wen I activate light. Checkt op adres for both device stil ok. Restarted modems/accespoints/app/ home. Nothing. App report : 8392c6a5-21f5-4616-8f97-0d3901c4f8ab

Sorry for this. Do not understand. Everything wa swirling fine until 1/2hours agow.

Hi,
in case of interest for Anker eufyCam 2 owners and with 3D printing options :
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/115241-anker-eufycam-2-pro-nonpro-rain-and-sun-cover
https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/115239-anker-eufycam-2-pro-nonpro-usb-port-and-pair-butto

Itā€™s ā€œfunnyā€ that outdoor camera canā€™t be installed on direct sun, have no lens cover options at all by design and USB/pair buttons are directly accessibleā€¦ for outdoor installation thatā€™s not really ideal.

3 Likes

Hey @Yannick_Eeckelaert
Thereā€™s a code issue I see. Iā€™ll try to come up with a fix quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

New app update (test: 2.22.3):

Changelog:
1. NEW: Eufy Cloud IP discovery.
2. NEW: Make all Hub settings part of device. (Removed from settings page)
3. NEW: Retry mechanism if P2P connection failed. 3 tries before fails. (Local IP, Eufy local IP, Eufy Cloud IP)
4. FIX: Improved login system in pairing.
5. NEW: Warning if user didnā€™t setup a Homebase. (Homebase is required because settings are not global anymore)
6. FIX: error logs
7. FIX: standalone cam without P2P connection showed a error
8. FIX: Floodlight Pan&Tilt cam - security mode fix
9. NEW: renew dskKey when expired
10. FIX: wrong context in check Hub settings
11. FIX: issue with renew DSK key

@Yannick_Eeckelaert should be fixed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thx! Works again!

2 Likes

@martijnpoppen , seems that finally notifications are working for me, not sure what was the issue. However, I hope I didnā€™t overlook that, but would it be possible to change in the future via your app the Auto Night Vision option ? I have blinking Christmas LED lights, which influence this functionality (so itā€™s turning on and off like each 2 secā€¦) but itā€™s ok with having Auto Night Vision off - naturally till I switch off the Christmas LED lights, because then itā€™s too dark. Iā€™m not sure if eufy API actually even allows thatā€¦
Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @Sharkys
Yeah thatā€™s possible
I already did that for the doorbell.

1 Like

@martijnpoppen is an absolute ninja. This is the kind of speedy customer service that most companies can only dream about

4 Likes

New app update (live: 2.22.3):

Changelog:
1. NEW: Eufy Cloud IP discovery.
2. NEW: Make all Hub settings part of device. (Removed from settings page)
3. NEW: Retry mechanism if P2P connection failed. 3 tries before fails. (Local IP, Eufy local IP, Eufy Cloud IP)
4. FIX: Improved login system in pairing.
5. NEW: Warning if user didnā€™t setup a Homebase. (Homebase is required because settings are not global anymore)
6. FIX: error logs
7. FIX: standalone cam without P2P connection showed a error
8. FIX: Floodlight Pan&Tilt cam - security mode fix
9. NEW: renew dskKey when expired
10. FIX: wrong context in check Hub settings
11. FIX: issue with renew DSK key

Explanation [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #1796 by martijnpoppen

New app update (test: 2.22.4):

Changelog:
1. FIX: extra logs for migration from global settings to device settings

CC: @RobbertV

Since the new update I do not recieve any notifications from my doorbel.
Also I can not control the on off thourgh homey.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

@Remko_H Do you see an error for the on/off?

Can you also share a report?

More - apps - eufy security -settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

@martijnpoppen
Here as wellā€¦ Doorbell says ā€œPlease connect a Homebase to your Homey. Restart the app after that.ā€, although the Homebase is connected. Restarted the app but no effect :slight_smile:

@Yeebo can you also share a report?

Just sent it!

1 Like