[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Did the test again, restarted te app then homey. Still not changing. :face_with_monocle:

@Yannick_Eeckelaert can you try to change some modes and when you did that send me a new report?

Then I can see what happens in the log :slight_smile:

Hey Martijn,

Tried every mode. 930a684a-d869-497a-86ce-e7c8d2dd86ac

The modus ‘uit’ not available for this device.
This was an error. (Uitgeschakeld does not give this error)

FYI.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

Hey!
Thanks Will check!

@Yannick_Eeckelaert Made a new fix. Can you check?

Link: 2.21.5

Installed new update, no success jet. Restarted app end changed security multiple times, log : b0a88c51-b872-4bb3-af80-326731a90773

@Yannick_Eeckelaert Will come back to you again in a DM

New app update (test: 2.22.0):

Changelog:
1. NEW: Eufy Cloud IP discovery.
2. NEW: Make all Hub settings part of device. (Removed from settings page)
3. NEW: Retry mechanism if P2P connection failed. 3 tries before fails. (Local IP, Eufy local IP, Eufy Cloud IP)
4. FIX: Improved login system in pairing.
5. NEW: Warning if user didn’t setup a Homebase. (Homebase is required because settings are not global anymore)
6. FIX: error logs
7. FIX: standalone cam without P2P connection showed a error
8. FIX: Floodlight Pan&Tilt cam - security mode fix
9. NEW: renew dskKey when expired

Explanation [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #1796 by martijnpoppen

1 Like

Hi Martinj, @martijnpoppen,
I’m using your app since morning for eufyCam 2 Pro and two things (so far didn’t test more) don’t work for me :

• live stream doesn’t work - I get only generic picture, no error
  • on/off does nothing with camera in reality and it’s also inconsistent - device show off, while tile shows on - but as I mentioned, it does nothing anyway

Diag code : 7485bb98-8f51-4d9d-bde2-8443afb68588

Not sure if you spot there anything.
Thank you.

Hey @Sharkys
We meet again, You’re everywhere :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Live stream is not possbile with this app. So when an event happens the image from that event will show there. For more info see FAQ Q3

2. Homey - Eufy is 1 way traffic. So if you change something in the Eufy app on your phone, Homey won’t show that. I only use the on/off in Homey and not in Eufy.
    When you change the on/off, make sure to refresh the screen in the official app. Not sure if you did so?
    (Don’t see any issue regarding the on off switch in the logs)

1 Like

Well, I must say, when I was looking for external cameras and Homey compatibility, and meet you again, one of the requirement was immediately solved ;-)))

Apologies, I read now the FAQs (RTFM…I know)…but I got confused that I see general picture with refresh button and even when I got events and refresh picture afterwards, I still get only general picture. But it’s maybe too early for that, I need to test more - I assume if there is some problem, maybe even some particular flow will not work, eg. with image TAG.
For consideration - even enabled RTSP would not help for live stream ?

You are right, it indeed works - when I press on/off even Homey revert tile status immediately back (so it looks like it doesn’t work) but it indeed turn camera on/off when refreshing in official app. After more testing I see that I need to wait 1 - 2min to see actual state of tile (device view), interesting. So somehow it’s not one way :wink: Btw when I go in Homey into particular camera and turn it off, the tile status get’s updated immediately. But when pressing on tile directly, it reverts back right after and after 1-2 min it shows correct state.

To get that to work, you should make sure you have notifications enabled in the official Eufy app. Next to that you can set notifications per Security mode (home / away etc) see image below

Yes RTSP is possible but not for all cameras. Bit you can include that in a synology nas for example.
Homey cannot handle video at all. So that wont work

That is strange. Mobile app OR webapp?
It only reverts when theres a error. Homey just sends the event and doesn’t care what Eufy does with it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Apologies, but what is noruico ? Maybe a typo…anyway, I was just before your reply playing with Security settings and being it Away mode, I got alarm from Eufy, I got notifications but I got nothing from Homey unfortunately (including no picture in tag).

Mobile app - tested now also web app and…web app is fine, so I killed Mobile Android app and…it’s working. …just temporary problem, thanks for hint !

…after getting 40 notifications (I’m sitting in front of cams…) NOW I got few events from Homey but only from one cam…and it contains just the general picture - seems one of the cams start sending it :wink:
Restarted home base, no difference.

This is what I mean :

Another diag. code if that helps : 72f59321-0492-4330-a8b1-d9f12b1758ea

I just connected them today, maybe let’s see till tomorrow if it somehow settle down - I guess someone else would report those issues already and I’m not sure, what is the FW in the camera,…wait, when I pressed Check FW version (inside cam not home base), it offers me version 4.0.9 (from 3.1.4)…just updating :man_facepalming: … but it was the one which was just sending the updates…the 2nd was already on 4.0.9 … let’s see later. :confused:

Notifications, but I already changed my typo (auto complete on my phone :man_facepalming: )

Yes that happens sometimes. Not sure why :man_shrugging:

One thing to check per camera. Make sure you have these settings:

I do see a issue, due to my latest change. You’re on the test version of the app. So good that you’re testing :smiley: (issue is not related to the images though)
Will fix that

1 Like

That might be it - now the default image change to black and getting Invalid response, while I received no event via Homey anyway…

812f4025-1f0b-4d3c-85c9-53fded6a87e0

Will stop spamming for today, thank you for your help, I hope it will be useful also for others not just myself.

New app update (test: 2.22.1):

Changelog:
1. NEW: Eufy Cloud IP discovery.
2. NEW: Make all Hub settings part of device. (Removed from settings page)
3. NEW: Retry mechanism if P2P connection failed. 3 tries before fails. (Local IP, Eufy local IP, Eufy Cloud IP)
4. FIX: Improved login system in pairing.
5. NEW: Warning if user didn’t setup a Homebase. (Homebase is required because settings are not global anymore)
6. FIX: error logs
7. FIX: standalone cam without P2P connection showed a error
8. FIX: Floodlight Pan&Tilt cam - security mode fix
9. NEW: renew dskKey when expired
10. FIX: wrong context in check Hub settings

1 Like

@Sharkys
I do see images coming in in the report. So as far as I can see you should see something.
Might be that the invalid response was part of the issue in the app.

New update should fix that.

Will push this test version to live tomorrow

1 Like

I see it indeed, next motion got picture included, but I had to check it manually…flow didn’t get trigger thought.
(already on 2.22.1). Let’s give it some time to settle :slight_smile: Thank you

1 Like

Martijn, eufy flood camera functions a little bit as a stand alone home base. Could you make functions available like the home base? If alam sounds than in the flood camera than sounds home base alarm, if security modus change than… end so On. tis way I can connect the flood camera whit the other camera’s from my home base. Making the alarm sounds work ont the camera’s in homey would be great. At the moment. I use the automation function in eufy app.

Thx for al the help!

1 Like

Hey @Yannick_Eeckelaert
Unfortunately not
Currently all triggers are based on notifications.
So only if a camera has a notification it will be possible