[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hi,
I have problem with eufy cam 2 pro and eufy cam 2c. Doorbel looks ok (shows image in homey app), but there are no images on those other cameras… They show static pic of eufy devices…

But they are detecting movent…

Any idea what would help?
Thanks

Hey @Jiri_Pech
Check per camera in the official Eufy app if the notifications setting is on include thumbnail

New app update (test: 2.21.2):

Happy new Year !!! :champagne:
Fun fact: The Eufy app is exactly 1 year old today :smiley:

Quite a big update today. Made a lot of improvements to the app. Due to a lot of questions about connection failure I made a update in the IP discovery system and is should work a lot better now. :slight_smile:

With that change I also moved the settings page to the devices. Future proof, as settings pages are not supported for the Cloud.

As a drawback it is now required to set-up a Homebase because the settings are moved per device. So if you have a Homebase based device you should add your Homebase (if you didn’t already)

Changelog:

1. NEW: Eufy Cloud IP discovery.
2. NEW: Make all Hub settings part of device. (Removed from settings page) (see image below)
3. NEW: Retry mechanism if P2P connection failed. 3 tries before fails. (Local IP, Eufy local IP, Eufy Cloud IP)
4. FIX: Improved login system in pairing.
5. NEW: Warning if user didn’t setup a Homebase. (Homebase is required because settings are not global anymore)
6. FIX: error logs
7. FIX: standalone cam without P2P connection showed a error

Images for item 2

3 Likes

Hello !

Thanks for all your job and happy new year to you !

I just discovered Homey and your API eufy.

I have some stupid question :slight_smile:

Today I have alarm eufy kit and solo cam (s40), and I have echo dot and hue lights.

With Homey and your api can i :slight_smile:

• trigger flow between my eufy alarm homekit (with Homebase) and my solocam? Its not possible by eufy app because solocam is not compatible homebase.

• the sound of homebase is really low when alarm triggered. Can i make a flow for exemple : when alarm is executed, make a big noise by my echo dot too ?

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my bad English !

1 Like

Hey @Charlie_Dumoulin

Thanks! And happy new year to you too!

• Yes you can combine the devices in flows. So for example if you want to disable Security alarm on both deivces you can do that in a flow

• when the alarm on the Homebase goes off you can use the IF alarm is on card and at the same time make a trigger to your echo dot.

Hi Happy new year!!

My Homey eufy cam battery info not same eufy app. The Homey then show more then real! How often update the info?

Hey @Felho
Happy new year to you too!

As shown in the FAQ:

Q5: The battery status and temperature is not aligned with the official Eufy app
A1: Seems like the battery/temperature status is incorrect. Eufy is not updating that every day to the cloud. so the data is quite outdated. Once Eufy resolves this the battery status will be correct in Homey.

I see, thanks @martijnpoppen

it helped. Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hey Martijn, do you know other sollutions? Homey base works fine, flood camera dos not work. Dit a reinstall, chequed IP adres, light Works fine, not of the Non of the Security modes work. Dit find Some problem whit wone of my Pro camera’s it has a probleme with updating to the new software, en it has problems whit night vision, it always want to update but can not. I already send a question to Eufy, maybe thats the error you see?

But the floodcame works on its own.
Therefore this must be 2 diferrant problems.

I hope you can help me out whit the solution for this

Thx!

Hey @Yannick_Eeckelaert
I would suggest to use the new test version.
Made some change because of these issues which are popping up.

See:

I did the update, restarted the app en the camera itself , chequed the ip adres again. Same problem. Dos it work whit other people? Made a log again. 4644b1d1-bd62-4d5c-8a9b-739fbd593637

:face_with_monocle::pensive:

@Yannick_Eeckelaert to verify.
Does the on/off and light work?

Yes works fine

ok makes sense! Will check @Yannick_Eeckelaert

New app update (test: 2.21.4):

Changelog:

8. FIX: Floodlight Pan&Tilt cam - security mode fix

Other changes currently in test.
1. NEW: Eufy Cloud IP discovery.
2. NEW: Make all Hub settings part of device. (Removed from settings page) (see image below)
3. NEW: Retry mechanism if P2P connection failed. 3 tries before fails. (Local IP, Eufy local IP, Eufy Cloud IP)
4. FIX: Improved login system in pairing.
5. NEW: Warning if user didn’t setup a Homebase. (Homebase is required because settings are not global anymore)
6. FIX: error logs
7. FIX: standalone cam without P2P connection showed a error

@Yannick_Eeckelaert Made a fix for the Security mode. Can you test? :slight_smile:

Stil nothing, restarted the the app buth no luck, in eufy app it works fine, do I need to update the app? Or restart Homey?

@Yannick_Eeckelaert strange. Can you share a report with me?

Make sure you installed version 2.21.4 (you can click on the link and click install on the app page)

cdf6fd3d-682a-4b44-b5ba-72e1695164bd

Met vriendelijke groet,

Yannick Eeckelaert

@Yannick_Eeckelaert I don’t see a security_mode event in the logs. Did you try it in the latest version? Looks like the app updated in between your first try and the time you send the report