[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Yes see the problem.
Fixing it

New app update (live: 2.22.5):

Changelog:
1. FIX: extra logs for migration from global settings to device settings
2. HOTFIX: homebase devices => wait for Hub to init

@Yeebo Doorbell was intialized earlier then the Homebase. So I didn’t know it was already started :man_facepalming:

1 Like

@Yeebo @Remko_H can you check if above update fixes it? :slight_smile:
You can click the version number and install the new version. (then you don’t have to wait for the auto update)

Just updated but doesn’t seem to be fixed jet (sorry…). Error given now is ‘Initializing Deurbel’ for a few seconds. It gives the same error as earlier after that. Running version 2.22.5. Just sent you the report.

No there are no erro’s I also rebooted Homey, but the same problem. I will send you the report

With this update I can switch it on an off again and the notificatios are also working again. Thanks for your Quick support.

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.23.0):

Changelog:
1. FIX: change checks on startup.
2. FIX: dskkey only for hub devices

@Yeebo should work again :crossed_fingers:

Updating as we speak. Will let you know ASAP. Thanks!

1 Like

Needed another restart of the app, the doorbell seems to be online for a few seconds, but after that gives the same error about connecting a homebase… :roll_eyes:

Sent you a report again.

Version 2.23.0

New app update (test: 2.23.1):

Changelog:
1. FIX: check if Homebase Connected on startup

@Yeebo this is the test version (don’t want to spam everybody :stuck_out_tongue: ) you can install it by clicking the link

Don’t know what you did, but seems fixed in this test version. :stuck_out_tongue:
Doorbell is up for a few minutes now already!

Awesome!
It is strange.
But the Homebase is mandatory since the last update, but somehow it couldn’t find yours.

Now made a change an 20 seconds after startup it checks if it is connected. If not it throws an error.

New app update (live: 2.23.1):

Changelog:
1. FIX: check if Homebase Connected on startup

Weird… :slight_smile: but it’s fixed now!
Thanks for your super fast support. Let’s see if it’s fixed for @Remko_H now as well?

2 Likes

@Yeebo Yes it also solved my problems. (thanks for asking)

1 Like

New app update (live: 2.25.0):

Changelog:
1. NEW: update device station data if it was missing during hub data migration.
2. HOTFIX: Homey published the wrong app version

2 Likes

Has anyone managed to get Face++ or License Plate Recognition working with Eufy cameras?
I have 3 of the Pan/tilt cameras along with 1080p battery video doorbell. I have asked in the respective app threads as well, but haven’t received any feedback.

If not - is there any other way to get facial recognition or license plate recognition to work with Eufy in Homey?

I tried that, with License Plate Recognition, the image tag is sent unfortunately in not the right moment, to make it fully work. And as the tag is sent only once, not much can be done… until something will allow to analyses video stream, not much can be done. Maybe some workaround would be possible, eg. using Synology Surveillance2 (integrating as RTSP to NAS and then making several image tags, not sure this is possible however]

New app update (test: 2.26.2):

Changelog:
1. NEW: refreshSettings option in device settings.
2. FIX: Reduced app size with 1.5 MB :tada:
3. FIX: P2P actor_id not found on Non homebase devices

Note: After the latest update the settings are not in the global settings page anymore. It’s not possible to update device settings. This change adds a checkbox to the device settings tab to refresh the latest settings.
When you check the checkbox and hit save the settings will be refreshed.

1 Like

Hello,

First of all, thank you for creating and supporting these Eufy products.

I’m running into some problems when adding Eufy products. As soon as I log in to the app with a 2nd account, it says “Logged in to EufyLife”. If I then go out of the Eufy settings page and then go back I see the error message “Can’t find variable: initClear” see screenshot.

If I want to add a doorbell, I am asked (again) to log in. If I log in here with my 2nd Eufy account without 2FA, it will load and then return to the login screen where I have to log in my data again.

I have already reinstalled the app once. I am also now running the latest experimental version of the app (version 2.26.2). Anyone know what’s going wrong here? Diagnostic report: 023da891-afa3-480e-964d-602d42651bf9

Thank you in advance

1 Like