[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Ah yes!
Make sure to enable push melding.

Ah yes, now the triggers are coming through! Thanks so much Martijn! But is that the only way? Now I get a notification of the Eufy iOS app that motion has been detected. I don’t want to disable the notifications of the Eufy iOS app on behalve of the camera’s and doorbell I got connected. Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah. that’s how the Homey app works.

Without push notifications the Homey app cannot function.
As this is no official integration of Eufy it has to go trough push notifications.

Just see the Homey app as a extra phone which is logged in on your Eufy account.

If you don’t want push notifications on your phone and only on Homey check the FAQ Q2

1 Like

How can I reset an alarm? What happens is that the door sensor stays in a contact alarm for days now after opening the door while armed. How can I set that back to normal?

Hey @AB-domotica

Easiest way to reset is a app restart.

However, it’s strange that it’s stuck. Do you have push notifications enabled for your doorsensor? Otherwise it doesn’t get updates in Homey and will stay in contact alarm until the notifications are enabled again

New app update (live: 2.19.3):

Changelog:

• NEW: ADD - Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
  • REMOVE: 360 roundlook for Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
  • FIX: motion sensor not triggering flowcard.

@kilofox @AdvaLa The changes are live now. If you don’t want to receive test updates. Click the link above and install the stable version.

Hi thank you for the reply. A restart did not help. The contact alarm is still showing. I do not know exactly where to find the push notification option for the door sensor in the eufy app. It only says that It can send an open warning and do a daily check.

Hey @AB-domotica
In the official Eufy App:

• go to the security tab (beveiligingsmodus)
  • you’ll see your security modes (home / away /etc)
  • select settings wheel on the current security mode
  • there you’ll see a overview of your devices.
  • select push notification for your doorsensor

I’ll make a fix for the sensor to reset when it restarts :slight_smile:

New app update (live: 2.19.4):

Changelog:

• FIX: reset DoorSensor and MotionSensor on app startup
  • FIX: remove papertrails logging

Hi Martijn. That is great. I used this procedure as a workaround and it works to get everything back to normal. Then I switch off notification again (otherwise I get crazy by the notifications). Super that this is on the backlog.

@AB-domotica if you disable the notifications you cannot use the doorsensor in Homey.

Without push notifications the Homey app cannot function.
As this is no official integration of Eufy it has to go trough push notifications.

Just see the Homey app as a extra phone which is logged in on your Eufy account.

If you don’t want push notifications on your phone and only on Homey check the FAQ Q2

Hi Martijn. I think I understand. It only is notifying when the house is armed. That works fine. But once you trigger the alarm (by accident for example). It does not return to it’s normal state because the alarm is set to home in the meantime (and in this home state the notifications are off).

Ah yes I understand.

What you can do is create a extra security mode. Like a step in between. So when you turn the alarm off, you’ll go that security mode which disables the alarm but leaves the doorsensor notifcations on and 1 minute later you’ll go to the proper security mode.

Not sure if that works though :man_shrugging:

I can also add a reset doorsensor flowcard if that helps?

Let me think of that. I also have a keypad on which I switched back to the home state after the alarm was triggered. At that point I left the doorsensor in the dark concerning notifications. It is a bit complex. Let me sleep over it, because I cannot oversee all the different situation yet and what is handy to do.

1 Like

Hi all,

The flowcard - start stream stopped working since today.
Eufy changed something in their streaming.
I’m checking if I can fix it.

Edit: also site of Eufy is not able to open streams : eufy Security

New app update (live: 2.19.6):

Changelog:

• FIX: stream flowcard. (chromecast stream)

@martijnpoppen hi Martijn is it possible to connect a second homebase 2 to Homey? Because when i try to do that homey says no New devices found. Thnx in advance

Hey @FERRY_Dekker
Yes this is possible as long as you share the device with your extra account

@martijnpoppen thnx so stupid off me that was what i forgot to do. Works now.

1 Like