[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey @Peter2 ,
Athom is working on it (checking with Eufy if we can use their API)
No update yet :slight_smile:

What I can say is that the functionality will be limited for the Homey Bridge. But at least youā€™ll be able to make flows based on triggers (doorbell press / person dectection / motion detection etc)

Once thereā€™s more info Iā€™ll share it in this thread and will tag the people who are interested

1 Like

I am trying to use eufy security app together with heimdall. This way I can use other devices (non eufy) as triggers for the alarm.

However I am having problems with the alarm state in Heimdall. Setting the alarm state ā€˜awayā€™ or ā€œhomeā€ is working great but whenever I set the alarm state to ā€œoffā€ (eufy keypad) heimdall is not changing the alarm state and will trigger an alarm when motion is detected.

Any suggestions for the setup in Heimdall?

Hey @Paolo_nl
Make sure that you set the force notifications in your Homebase settings in the Homey app.

Also check if the notifications for the Homebase are enabled in the official Eufy app

When you change state in Eufy via the keypad there Will be a notifiation.

Then you can use ā€˜beveiligingsmodus gewijzigdā€™ flowcard as a ALS trigger to set the Heimdall state

Hi @martijnpoppen
is it possible to have a camera take a picture from another trigger (e.g. a motion sensor in another room or any other event)?
Itā€™s possible to take a manual picture in the native Eufy mobile app (pressing the scissors icon). Perhaps this is also supported in the Eufy API?

Hey @Nitramevo
No unfortunately not.
Theres no possibility to get a manual image right now

1 Like

This evening I had finally time to check.

• On /Off for the light works perfekt
  • I created a simple flow for the 360 round look, unfortunately I couldnĀ“t make it work
1 Like

Ok thanks! Then iā€™ll remove the round look for now :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum, but couldnā€™t find my answerā€¦

Iā€™m using the motion sensors from Eufy, connected to my Homebase. The Eufy App does register every motion perfectly. After setting everything up with Eufy, I added all my devices to Homey. I made a Homey modus in the Eufy App and for the motion detectors I checked ā€œReact to movementā€ and even the ā€œ Pushnotificationā€. I left ā€œHomebase-Alarmā€ unchecked.

The motion sensors in Homey donā€™t register movement, where Eufy is sending me al lot of push notifications and registers everything.

Could you tell me what Iā€™m doing wrong?

Hey @AdvaLa
Can you do the following:

• Trigger movements for you Eufy sensors.
  • Send me a diagnostic report

You can do that via:

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

New app update (test: 2.19.2):

Changelog:

• NEW: ADD - Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
  • REMOVE: 360 roundlook for Floodlight Cam 2 Pro

Hi Martijn,

Thank you so much for responding. I have done it twice and it sent me: 863f4325-c130-4a35-b7ff-cef4a946b35b and
03c27931-cd0e-423f-8d65-f14887cae8d3

New app update (test: 2.19.3):

Changelog:

• NEW: ADD - Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
  • REMOVE: 360 roundlook for Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
  • FIX: motion sensor not triggering flowcard.

@AdvaLa there was a glitch. Your motion sensor has the name Motion in it which caused some strange behaviour. Fixed it :slight_smile:

Can you check above test version?
Probably monday Athom will approve the build and it will go to the stable version.

Hi Martijn, thanks for taking the time to find this out! I have installed the test version, but it still wonā€™t register the motion sensors in Homey. Tomorrow Iā€™ll remove them en install them again under the same name and test once more!

@AdvaLa can you send me another report?
Reinstalling wont fix the problem :wink:

@martijnpoppen Iā€™m desperately trying to have them installed into the Eufy Homey App again, but itā€™s not finding the motion sensorsā€¦ It does find the Homebase and Doorbell, but not the motion sensors. Iā€™ve shared them with another account, so I use different users for the iOS Eufy app and the Homey Eufy app.

Hey @AdvaLa
Try a app restart. I might help with finding the sensors again

@AdvaLa Thanks for your report. However it doesnā€™t contain any event of the motion alerts. Can you make sure to trigger som motion and send me a new report? :slight_smile:

That worked as a charmā€¦ I have send you de logs (6ab672e8-81a0-4d70-9afa-9eac00c15650) since the earlier problem stil existsā€¦ Hope youā€™ll find the solution Martijn!

Sureā€¦ one minā€¦ Again: 14a8cfa7-e8f1-46ba-9f01-6948aa017e53.
Strange thing is that the Eufy iOS app does detect movement but the Motion Sensors in Homey remain silent.

1 Like

@AdvaLa are the notifications enabled? Not seeing any notifications coming in in the report