[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Thanks @martijnpoppen

1 Like

Mrblue is not responding to our request so perhaps anyone else have a working flow to use face++ with Eufy?

Hi @martijnpoppen , when will these options be available? I have ordered some aqara sensors.
Thanks.

Hey @Heula,
Yes still working on it.
It’s a big change once it’s ready to test i’ll let everybody know :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Okay cool.

Hi all
MrBlue did answer my PM, but I have been quite busy lately
I found out why it was not working, Eufy doorbell motion detection will not catch a picture if you have turned off notifications in the settings on your phone.

But I can’t live with all these notifications every time someone walks up to my door, therefore I have deleted it again

@Kongedam for disabling notifications on your phone there’s a work-around. Check Q2 in the FAQ: [APP] Eufy Security - #4 by martijnpoppen

Thanks @martijnpoppen, but the face++ is shit :slight_smile:
It detects 1 of 10 if you are lucky, dont know if I did something wrong.
Lets see if other people gets better result than me

2 Likes

Thanks, I have simular setup but mostly it doesn’t work.
Only thing different I have is in the face detected flow. I have an and card with label contains and a name. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn’t for me.

Thanks for sharing.

These are my flows.

Hi! I can’t change the security mode for the pan&tilt cam. How can I fix this problem?

Thanks!

Hi @RobinS
Can you share a diagnostic report?

not found!

@RobinS ,
I would suggest to login again in the Eufy-Homey app.
I see some errors and those might be solved with that

1 Like

@Bart_van_Oosterhout can you explain what you mean

@martijnpoppen Thanks for your help! This camera adder an extra field inside the login settings. Now it’s working!

1 Like

Hi, I installed my wired ‘wireless doorbell’ and ‘homebase 2’ yesterday and managed to import the devices to homey.

I do have quite a few questions (read like 200 messages and Q & A, but might have missed it as my English isn’t perfect at all).

1. Turning off the doorbell: will it turn notifications off? Will it stop the camera? Will it stop motion detection?
  2. Start stream/stop stream: where will it stream to? I don’t see a stream in the app and can’t manage to stream it to the Google home hub (I can do it by voice though: hey Google, stream doorbell.
  3. The security mode in the homebase 2. Will it affact how the doorbell works?
    Or is it meant to get different flows to work in different modes?
1 Like

Hey @Glenn_Dijkstra ,
No problem at all.
If you have any questions after this you can also send me a DM (in Dutch).

1. It Will turn off the camera. So no notifications no detection. Doorbell press keeps working. For a doorbell if wouldnt suggest using this. Maybe use a different Security mode is better.

2. This returns a stream URL in a TAG. Its in RTSP format so not use-able to stream to Google home. In the future update of the app it might be possible to do this. For now this feature doesn’t do much except returning the stream URL.

3. The Security mode does affect the way the doorbell works. In the official app you can set what the doorbell should do in what mode. If you have multiple cameras you can also set those camera’s.
    Example: you have a garden mode when you are outside so that you dont get any notifications when you’re in the garden. But when you are inside you put it back to Home mode.
    I do that with the doorbell when i’m working in the garden out front.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’ve installed the Eufy 2k doorbell near my frontdoor. On my Homey I installed the Eufy Security app. Great app! I get notifications when there is movement near the Eufy, or the doorbell is being pressed. I use an Iphone 11 Pro with IOS 14.4.2

But…when I touch the notification of Homey (the small message on the screen) to see who is on the picture and the Homey app is open in the background, I don’t get any message nor an image.
Selecting the notification on the screen and the Homey app isn’t open, I get the message with a still picture of someone near my front door.
Restarting the app makes no difference.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? @martijnpoppen Do you perhaps have a solution?

Hey @Roger_Gorissen ,
I had this too. I think this is Homey related :frowning:
I do this differently. I use Slack for this.
So I set up a Slack for myself and have a channel called #camera-events

Inside Homey I use the Slack app which connects to Slack. (i made a separate user for Homey, otherwise you won’t get notified).

Once there’s movement I sent a message to Slack with the picture. I get a notification on my phone and laptop. When i click it i’ll see the image. Also previous image are kept inside the channel.

Flow: Gedeelde Flow | Homey

Slack:

New app update (test: 2.4.0 ):

NOTE:
During the work on the new library I found out that the new library isn’t that different from the library i’m using now.
With the last fix for the Homebase I already changed things in the library which makes a lot possible.
The new library has support for streaming, but with the limitations of Homey it’s not possible to use it.

Conclusion: I put the development for the new library on hold and improved the old library to support a lot of new things.

Changes:

• NEW: add eufy-homey-client as LIB (modified the original library)
  • NEW: add Homebase trigger alarm ON with a duration (combine with other sensors e.g: Aqara)
  • NEW: add Homebase trigger alarm OFF (to stop before duration)
  • NEW: add Homebase flow card when the alarm turns on - (@Heula @Z_B )
  • NEW: add quickresponse for wired doorbell (@Rens_Hoekema)
  • NEW: add reboot flowcard for Hub based devices (Homebase or stand-alone camera’s)
  • NEW: message when device is initializing
  • FIX: improved battery update interval

Currently in progress:

• [Feature Request] filter devices when pairing - IN PROGRESS
  • [Feature Request] Night Vision switch - IN PROGRESS
  • [Feature Request] HDR switch - IN PROGRESS (@Crashy)

Full to-do list: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #3 by martijnpoppen

1 Like