[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey @Roger_Gorissen
Yes i Read the post in the thread on FB.

I would recommend to login again in the Homey app. Same as Eufy suggests for the main App.

Oops:

Privacylek: slimme camera’s Eufy tonen beelden aan vreemden

Unfortunately in Dutch. In short: in Australia someone discovered that the Eufy app shows images of Eufy cams of someone else. Pictures and streams seem to be of tour own camera. You van control the other camera’s as well.
It appears in New Zealand, Australia, US. Only possible for users you already have a Eufy cam, not for users without a cam.
People seems to be worldwide. Anker hasn’t reacted yet, so it is unknown how many people are hit by it, and how long it will take to solve this issue and what causes it.

1 Like

Issue was solved in 1.5 hour according to Eufy

Also see: Statement from eufy Security - News - Eufy Security Collective

Wasn’t clear to me that the so called “software bug” had anything to do with this.

Thanks!

Hi @martijnpoppen , great app! Using it already for my Indoor pan & tilt cam and works like a charm.

I’m now thinking of buying an Eufy doorbell (with chime) and I’ve got a question about this. Do I need the Eufy homebase for the doorbell to work (with homey)?

Hey @Upsilon ,
If you buy the powered doorbell (with chime) then you don’t need an Homebase. The chime will function as Wifi hub. Make sure you have power though :stuck_out_tongue:

By powered you mean not the battery powered but wired version?

Exactly

Allright! Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I have another issue. Eufy Homey app cannot find the Indoor Pan & Tilt camera. When trying to add I get “no devices found”… It is available in the EUFY app - and shared to the same account as the other camera’s??

Hi @Henrik_Soegaard ,
You can try to login again. Maybe the device is not fetched yet from the server

I did, and now I can see the an additional HUB settings in the app settings (with the right IP). But when trying to add the camera, it still says the same…?

@Henrik_Soegaard Can you share a diagnostic report?

9dcb3a13-ad97-455a-94e1-84fa4bc8babf

Can you restart the app and send me an new diagnostic report.
Also how many Indoor Pan&Tilt do you have?

I only have one - the rest are 2c /2.

It works now, but it won’t let me create a new report…

Thanks

1 Like

Nice!

Hi @martijnpoppen Is it possible to make a camera begin streaming triggered by a motion sensor? I know The camera has a motion sensor in it. But That doesn’t covers The whole garden in My case. So i was thinking;

Motion sensor detects movement
Camera starts recording

Hope u can help

Hey @Marco_Mathijssen ,
No right now that’s not possible in Homey. You can only do it via Eufy itself. So enable motion detection and when motion detected it records.