[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Then please send a report for whatsapp and reply in this topic [APP][Pro] WhatsApp - Simple. Reliable. Private

@Martin072 logs looking good. Can you check the device in homey and see if the snapshot shows there?

Yes it does, if I open the stream, use the snapshot flow, I see the snapshot in the device to be updated to the current one, however, the image send to my Telegram is still the Eufy Product image as shown in a previous post…

@Martin072 what if you put a delay in between.

I know that @Sharkys also had some issues with the telegram card

New app update (:orange_square: TEST: 3.25.0):

Changelog:

NEW:
1: NEW: add self-hosted snapshot option (See: FAQ Q13)

FIXES:
1: None

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

Info

Allow users to use a self-hosted snapshot service to prevent the 30 snapshot per day limit.

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

4 Likes

@Yestond :point_up:

1 Like

Awesome - I’ll give it a shot and see if I can set it up :smiley:

1 Like

@martijnpoppen Indeed seems to be Telegram related, sending as Homey Push message works fine.

1 Like

@Yestond nice! Let me know if you get it working :slight_smile:

@Martin072 might be good to ask the dev of telegram.

I tried whatsapp and that works. So might be how telegram handles images

I use Telegram and I also get a picture of my Eufy dual cam doorbell in Telegram when someone rings the doorbell.
In the WhatsApp I also get a picture. Because i made a flow that i also want a picture.
One is a event picture and one is a screenshot picture.
I use both, just for testing.

1 Like

@Sharkys did you contact the dev of telegram for the snapshot image?

Nope, because it’s working for me, kind of… sometimes I get updated snapshot, sometimes outdated, but snapshot image is always delivered (will probably add error card to know it on 100%)… therefore I believe it’s not Telegram app issue. Hopefully within week I will get opportunity to test your container on my Docker, so it might provide more insights.
Btw when speaking about Telegram app, I mean : Telegram App for Homey | Homey

… there is also Telegram Bot app

1 Like

@Sharkys yeah it might be a corrupt Eufy stream aswell

Turns out my old DS213J doesn’t support Docker :man_facepalming:
So I’m not able to get it working unless I get another NAS :confused:

1 Like

@Yestond The service im hosting is on koyeb.app
They have free tier aswell over there. Which is capable enough of running this :slight_smile:

Martijn, does it provide some additional logging on the console, eg. when processing snapshot ?
Asking because I get snapshot but as nothing is happening outside (and I’m off house), I do not know if it’s working :laughing: …anyway, will see probably tomorrow …

@Sharkys yes it should . Did you use the new flowcard?

I actually forgot to set local port for the container (I though by default it will take one to one assignment but it did not).
The tricky part was that I got snapshot but didn’t know from where despite of using/testing local flowcard and there was nothing in the logs :wink: (at night the picture is the same)
Now I got snapshot + logs but as there is no timestamp in the snapshot, I still do not know if it works :wink:

Will test later, let’s see what I will get during day - I will compare reliability with your service provided from koyeb.app vs my local Synology.

1 Like

@Sharkys The Snapshot timestamp is not always there
Because the Stream is only three seconds