[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Hey @Dalle
Unfortunately its not possible to start a recording from Homey. :frowning:

Wow thanks for super fast respons, is there any chance that it will be posible in the future

1 Like

Not sure but will have a look!

Hi again @martijnpoppen. Is it possible to add the Eufy keypad to homey to get notifications regardin battery level on the keypad?

1 Like

Hey @Simon_Ojelid
I checked it recently but unfortunately the keypad doesn’t report the battery level in way that Homey can pick it up.

Okay :blush:

1 Like

So I created a new account for Homey and added my doorbell to Homey.

I’m trying to stream my videofeed to google hub when the doorbell is pressed.

what’s the best way to get it to work?

this is my current flow but I guess I’m doing things wrong.

Hey @Davy_Bammens
Yeah there are 2 ways to do it. So yours seems fine, but you’ll have a 5 sec delay.
You can also split it up like this:

remove the cast card here :top:

And create a new flow with the following cards:

Oh and make sure to cast a webpage instead of video :wink:

1 Like

thx the problem was the video instead of the webpage. I changed it and it worked. Thx for the answer.

1 Like

Hi. Have problems with 2C kameras.
No data displayed.
17cadd7e-7485-4a2a-ae47-5e4e77cd81b9

Hi @Mats_Lindhe
Make sure you have push notification enabled in the selected Security modes ( home / away / etc)

If you already have that, try a app restart, sometimes after adding a device the notification service doesn’t start properly

Hi @martijnpoppen
I first want to thank you for all the work you’re putting in. I have been a ‘quiet’ user for quite some time.
Currently I am looking into getting an outdoor camera and doorbell. However, I’m not sure whether I should consider Eufy, since it’s currently not possible to see any captures (being it live video or a ‘screenshot’ by using Homey. Do you expect this to be available again in the (near) future?

1 Like

Hey @Japper
Thanks

For the record live video is already working again :tada:

The screenshots not yet. We’re working on a decryption method. However we already had a successful decryption.

Ofcourse this is and will remain a reversed engineered integration.
Until Eufy coöperaties i cant guarantee this will remain working. Ofcourse i’ll do whatever i can to keep it working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the insanely quick reply!
With live video you mean I can watch the live feed in the app right? I have an Eufy indoor camera and that is still showing the following;

Or did I perhaps misunderstand you?

@Japper
Thats the last thumbnail image. That part is not working. (Yet) Live feed with images was never possible.
Live streaming to a hub is possible with the stream flowcard: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #3290 by martijnpoppen

I have tried that before, but couldn’t get it to work. I did manage to get it into the NAS mode and receive the rtsp://XXX:XXX@192.168.XXX.XXX/live0 url, but when I cast that as a webpage to my Chromecast, I only shortly see the Homey logo and then an error appears.

Or is it only meant to work on a hub and not on a chromecast?

@Japper Yeah the rtsp different. The cast card changes the stream so its chromecast compatible

@martijnpoppen
I was experiencing that changing the notification settings in the iOS Eufy app reverted after some time for my doorbel and cameras. I changed "with thumbnail’ to ‘most efficient’ and enabled ‘ring around doorbel’ and ‘motion detection’.
After some troubleshooting I find out that the Eufy Security app on my Homey was causing this issue. Restarting the app did not resolve the issue. After removing and reinstalling the Eufy Security app on my Homey resolved the issue.
Is this a known issue?

Hey @OetAelse
Not a known issue but a intended feature.
After moving to the new library the notifications have changed a bit. To provide a image and proper response in homey the include thumbnail option is the only option which works on all cameras.

Homey enforces this option every 30 minutes. I didn’t make an option to disable it as it can cause a lot of issues with this app. Also see FAQ Q12

Hi Martijn, I did not read the FAQ well enough :blush:
The notification settings in iOS app remain on ‘most efficient’ after reinstalling the Eufy Security app on my Homey. The reasons for this setting is that I don’t want thumbnails stored in the Eufy Cloud.

1 Like