[APP][Pro] Connect Solar Goodwe Inverter to Homey

No need anymore. I found out that the info was in a variable.

goodwe

Wilfried

Hi, thanks a lot for this app. Is it possible to add some Then cards like change status from On Grid to Off Grid and so on? Got problem with inverter power usage (it constantly pulling some watts from grid even if there is enough power in battery - like -200 W from battery and 200W from grid).
Thanks a lot :).

Hi Jiri,

thank you for your donation.
Regarding THEN, I am not going to do that.
If I did Iā€™m not sure if it would destroy the inverter over time.

Question is why it is happening. I think you should contact Goodwe support or search for help from others (if you are from CZ, try this one: Goodwe komunita (CZ&SK) | Facebook).

Regards
Michal

Hi Michal,
as far as I am searching over web itā€™s because of limitation of feed in power in inverter. If I turn it off, then watts for inverter should get much lower. But there is a risk of sending too much power to grid and some penalties from it. So, I would rather switch to off grid mode (restart is needed) which could also force inverter to use battery instead of grid :).

Hi Michal, is it possible to add Feed in power by phase for each L1, L2 and L3 phases?

Hi, is the Goodwe2500-XS compatible?
I have followed the steps, stated at GoodWe Inverter ā€“ Michal Stranik
Both modbus and cloud does not give a response.

Via cloud, I get the following error:
Device Unavailable
You have wrong login data (Username, Password, UID) or the Goodwe cloud is down.

Guess what, the password, username and ID are correct, because the Inverter is shown as new found hardware.

But with the local network, I have the IP 192.168.0.124, port 8899. I get no error, but also no data is comming. Now also the hardware was found, and checked

GoodWe

Is there something I am doing wrong?!?
I am using a Homey Pro 2023

Guess what, you did not create ticket.

I donā€™t have a crystal ball, and if you donā€™t follow the procedure that exists to give me at least some chance of finding out whatā€™s going on, I canā€™t help you.

Guess what, it was a general question, not specific to one person, thatā€™s why I use a forum.
It is solved by now.

I use this app and it works great, I can see my inverter and all variables are shown.
One issue is that the app regularly (several times a day) errors on the username/password, but when I restart the app, it all works again.
I have now a flow that restarts the app 3x per day, but it would be better if the app is stable.
The diagnostic report: 747ecc85-b7f5-4de2-b785-7bc04eed3f63

@Michal_Stranik - thanks a lot for this app!

Curious question - do you think it would be possible to add something like ā€œGeneration Last Hourā€?

@Peter_Kalrsson
No, but you can try app called Power by the Hour.

1 Like

Thanks @Michal_Stranik - I have looked at PBTH before, will give it a try!

New user, starting from today. Love the app, but unfortunately, I experience the same.

Would it make sense to report it to you @Michal_Stranik - or nothing you can address? Pls let me know if I should create a diag no.

Sure, just let me know how can I fix cloud issue with password and I will try do my best.
I would prefer if goodwe cloud would be stable.

@Michal_Stranik every day my app stops working. Need tot restart the app and then it works fine again. Can you help me out? Thanks

Hi Michal,

First of all: thanks for your great work! Iā€™m using the cloud connection for my 2500-XS and itā€™s working good.

Iā€™d like to change to the Modbus connection. Iā€™ve followed your instructions, but unfortunately after adding it the metrics remain null. I am able to get the correct metrics from my inverter using this Python package in my local CLI though (Iā€™m using the second example in the Usage section in the README). So that gives me the idea that there might be some bug in the Homey app. Of course I double checked that the IP, UDP port (8899), etc. are the same. Could you perhaps investigate? Thanks a lot, and happy to provide more information if required.

Seems like the flow action ā€œLoad Power changedā€ is never triggered.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

Hello, Iā€™ve been facing issues with the app since the last update. I use GoodWe on MODbus, and occasionally, the data stream freezes. The SEMS is functioning correctly; however, the Homey app ceases to update data until I restart it. This issue occurs once or twice daily in the mobile app (I havenā€™t noticed any problems with the Homey web app yet).

Hi @MPL, I am having the exact same problem. How did you solve it? Thanks

Hi @tamor
I made a connection with my Domoticz, and all the data I need is shared with a json-command to Homey.
No need for the app. Works fine for me.