[APP][Pro] Connect Solar Goodwe Inverter to Homey

Hi, no wonder, Wi-Fi is not supported by Goodwe (as far as I know). I bought LAN module. Before you buy it too, check if Modbus is supported for your inverter (from whoever sold it to you).

It does support Modbus, and there are LAN modules available, but too much of a hassle, and not worth 60 euros for now.
And it also depends on the year the inverter was build if it even supports LAN (and it would need a firmware update).

The only thing I donā€™t like about the SEMS route that it only updates every 5 minutes. But since I do not have any specific home automation in use for nowā€¦ Itā€™s fine. Thanks for the app! Much more info at least than the generic solarpanels app!

Hi, great app !

Can you explain how to find IP address and port from inverter to make the local connection?

Cloud connection gets stuck now and then.

Hi, no, I canĀ“t, Google can, for example:
https://www.pcwdld.com/how-to-scan-network-for-ip-addresses
I have no idea what you own. Based what you have home (Windows, ā€¦) use some tool or find it in inverter app (I am not sure if it is in PV Master or not).
Inverter should use default port predefined in app, so you shouldnĀ“t need to look for it.

Tnx for the fast reply!!

Somebody help me with this problem? Faultmessage after installing the app : msg":ā€œęœŖ将åÆ¹č±”å¼•ē”Øč®¾ē½®åˆ°åÆ¹č±”ēš„å®žä¾‹ć€‚ā€,ā€œcodeā€:ā€œinnerexceptionā€,ā€œdataā€:ā€œā€,ā€œcomponentsā€:{ā€œparaā€:ā€œ{"model":{"PowerStationId":"92500SSN175W0216"}}ā€,ā€œlangVerā€:173,ā€œtimeSpanā€:9,ā€œapiā€:"http://eu.semsportal.com:85/api/v2/Powe

Yes, somebody could, if you would follow rules and fill ticket. But my wild guess would be that you used wrong UID:
https://mistr.tech/connect-goodwe-inverter-to-homey/

Hello Michal, Thanks for your fast and succesfull advice. I just installed both versions of de convertrer without problems. Now I have to wait for seeing the figures (itā€™s probable to dark).Tomorrow I will tell you the results.
But for now very thanks. (excuses for my english, my nativ language is dutch).

Hello Michal, installation of the cloud-version is ok, the other version is probably not for my converter. However, I am satisfied for now. Again, thanks !

Hi Michal, thanks for the great app!
Any update on this request? Iā€™m in a similar situation with 2 inverters and would love to be able to monitor both.
Cheers

1 Like

Not yet MR_horizon. Iā€™ll keep you posted.

@Michal_Stranik

Hi guys, a newbie question. I know that my solar panels will come with a Goodwe Inverter.

Do you know if all Goodwe Inverters are cloud-based so that I register on SEMS Portal as well?

And finally, how did you find your Inverter inside SEMS Portal, by searching on/adding the serial number (which I donā€™t have yet, off course)?

Hello,

no, I donĀ“t, but I guess they do :slight_smile:

Here is guide how to setup your Goodwe inverter, I hope that helps:

https://mistr.tech/connect-goodwe-inverter-to-homey/

Michal

UDP over Wifi does work, I can confirm that. Depends on model and firmware of the wifi module. There is a Tweaker.net topic about it.

But the GoodWe Local implementation of @Michal_Stranik does not work with the current Wifi UDP implementation. It does send the UDP request on the setup IP and port 8899. But the app does not manage to decrypt the message thatā€™s returned.

I can share sample code that works, then you might be able to fix the app for Wifi UDP?

Hi @Michal_Stranik do you know how to deal with the Goodwe cloud connection being down every so often? I add my inverter (via the cloud option) successfully and only minutes later it shows a red exclamation mark. It makes the app more or less useless thenā€¦
Is there something we can do about this?

were you able to add more the 1 device? and how did you manage to do this?

Edit:
So I have 2 goodwe invertors. With this app I could only see one.

I solved it.

This is how:

1 Go to sems portal, create a second plant.
2 Mail semsportal support and ask them to migrate one invertor to the new plant.
3 when done, use the id of the new plant to create a second device in the app. It works!

Edit 2:
Would love to see the voltages being loggedā€¦ my invertors stop working above 253v. I need to balance my whole house. The voltage logging would give valuable insights.

I already knew that solution, but i donā€™t want to create more plants because of other integrations en reports (outside homey).

I do hope thate @Michal_Stranik can find a other solution. @Diederik was kind enough to share his latest driver code. Hopefuly michal can use this.

It can be found here: (Homey-SolarPanels/drivers/goodwe at old Ā· DiedB/Homey-SolarPanels Ā· GitHub)

@James_Wyatt I just published version with grid voltage.

1 Like

@James_Wyatt I will publish soon version where it is possible to pick inverter from one plant.

Default value is 1, which means first inverter.
If there are more, just set correct value (1,2,3,4ā€¦9).

1 Like

Hello Michael, thx for developing the goodwe app for Homey. I was wondering if it could be possible to add a tag Generation Today which gives the value of kWh generated today. So I can create a flow at midnight to make a notification with that value sent to me.
(Or is it already there and I didnā€™t see it ?)

hope to hear from you.

Kind regards, Wilfried