[APP][Pro] Connect Solar Goodwe Inverter to Homey

Hi @Lintin, Goodwe does not support developers, on the contrary, it does not answer questions. therefore implementing any feature is a research that costs a lot of time. my time is limited, and within it I’m trying to solve the very basic functionality first. it would be good for users to have an idea of what they are buying (and choose a system that is better supported) and also push goodwe not to hinder the integration of other systems so much.

1 Like

Hi Michale_stranik can you add the Work Mode and Work Mode Code to the app?
So we can check bya flow wat the state is of the inverter.

Hi, it should be available in 1.5.0.

Hi @Michal_Stranik,

Thanks for creating this app!

I’m using the app for a few days now and I notice the kWh is in whole kWh and not with 2 decimals significant like the SEMS portal is.

For example, if I generated 0.70 kWh the app still thinks it is 0.
If I generated 25.40 it shows 25.

Over time this is a lot of generated power that’s lost in the statistics (Power by the Hour for example) and it makes it harder to know if there’s already something generated (stays 0 for a long time while it’s producing already).

Is it possible to add 2 decimals just like the SEMS portal and all other power/kwh usage apps? Thanks!

Hi, sure, done (version 1.5.1). M.

Nice! Have been testing it since your update, works great!

Thanks for the prompt followup :slight_smile:

For support please use this link.

Thanks for this great app! Overall it works great, especially since the last update. I use it to monitor a small setup with a Gw2000-Xs. However, there are two minor issues that I encounter.

Is this something I can change in the settings?

Could you be so kind and explain to me what is not clear about last post I made?

I opened a ticket at your site and I got an email that there is an update. However, when I click the link and login I can’t see my ticket. See screenshot:

Are you sure that you are logged in?

Yes, I am logged in:

Not sure if a support ticket is needed for a feature request, but I created a ticket (#9) anyway to make sure I comply to your wish :wink:

Feature request: Please add Volts and Amps per string in Homey Insights.

This way I can calculate the Watt’s per string (in my case different roofs) and see how effective they are compared to each other. Although there is a 1-2% deviation between strings (A*V=W) and SEMS reporting of total Watt…

2 Likes

Ticket submitted on your website for an issue I encounter since today.
Invalid Capability “Status_Inverter”
version 1.80 connecting to SEMS Cloud

Anyone else having the same issue?

Update. Might be a SEMS issue? No I see ‘device not available’, continued by some string which seems to tell my credentials are wrong or the URL does not respond correctly?
Will try some things myself too (SEMS Cloud is working though)

I think it’s because of the recent update. I had to add the inverter again in Homey. There’s now the option to use it in the cloud or local. After deleting and adding the inverter in Homey again the cloud-version works but the local one doesn’t give any values.

Please update to 1.8.1 OR remove/add device again.

Local version must be supported by your inverter.

1 Like

Works again with version 1.8.1 without changing anything. Thanks for the fast fix!

Do you know how to connect two or more inverters that are included in the same plant? The url you are using to connect is the main inverter of the plant. In my case I have three inverters working on the same URL/plant and therefor i’m unable to connect the other two.

1 Like

Hi, be so kind and create ticket for it. There is reason why I need it. My wild guess would be that I must target other inverters in list and make some selector for it.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for this great app! How do I know if my inverter supports the local variant? I have a 3000XS, with wifi dongle. For now the local version does not give any values after adding it to homey as device.