[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

@Phuturist

I can try it, but can’t do it on my own. To sideload the app should not be a problem, but my programming/java skills are very basic :slight_smile:

I don’t know the firmware version on the Shelly Wave device, but I had the same effect after smaller power outages on HP2023.
ZWave device reported itself connected, but it was not working from the Homey App and also the physical switch was not working, relay didn’t work.

The only solution I found was to switch off power from the Shelly device (circuit braker) for a minute, then switch on again.

I don’t know if a firmware update would have solved this problem as I replaced this device with a Wifi one.
This was my only zwave device and I wanted to have more, but this symptom told me to wait.

I have 12 wave shutters installed since 6 months. And had the same problem on 2 shutters each one time. I solved it with circuit breaking too.

@Phuturist I think I can sideload the app to test position updates.

Thanks but @Meerjungfraumann already helped me out. Turns out it’s related to the association group after all. You need to set association group 1 to the value 1.1 and it will update the values of the shutter position and tilt position. Next release will add a action card for setting the tilt through flow as well.

1 Like

@Phuturist
Thanks for the update.
My ancient shelly4pro is up and running again.

1 Like

Sorry, but I could not find any post about this issue:
I have got a new shelly wifi humidity and temperature sensor for my Homey Pro 2023 and tried to connect it.
I used the Shelly control app to make it connect to my smarthome WLAN, update the firmware and reboot the device.
When I try to connect it with the Shelly App as Shelly any Wifi device , the Homey Pro recognises the device

But then it it telly me
An error occurred while trying to add the device. This usually happens if the device is not on the latest firmware, a battery-powered device does not remain active during pairing, or there are network issues. See the instructions in the support topic in the Community Forum. Error message: Error: The request failed because the Shelly device did not respond to the request. Network issues are sometimes resolved by restarting both Homey and Shelly devices. The request was made to http://192.168.2.64/rpc/Shelly.GetDeviceInfo
I cannot get connected to the device by browser, although the IP address is fixed in my router.
Does anyone has any idea, what I can try to connect or at least determine the origin of the issue?
Many thanks

It’s right there in the pairing instructions from the first post.

1. If it is a battery operated device make sure to keep it awake during pairing. This often involves repeatly pressing the wake button at an interval during the pairing process. Read the device user manual how to wake the device (usually by single pressing a button inside or a pinhole outside the device). The pairing wizard will stall with an error if you do not keep it awake correctly;
1 Like

Thank you @Phuturist ,
I forgot to mention that after the first problems, I plugged in the USB C plug - so it is under constant energy - and it is not sleeping.

If you can’t connect to the built-in web server it is sleeping.

1 Like

Oh thank you - obviously my understanding of the devices is still not enough. :woozy_face:
I will try again tonight. :hugs:

@Phuturist , @robertklep ,
I tried and you were right. Now it works, sorry for disturbing.
Many thanks Dirk

1 Like

Sorry can someone please explain step by step the workaround to get my about ten Shelly 2.5 work again on homey after the 3.29.4 update.

I updated the driver via shelly app in advance after getting the warning about old drivers but the update still killed them. Where should I pair them again? I tried a reset one 2.5 on shelly app but failed to pair again. Can someone please describe the easiest way for that. It’s about one month not working but I had no time to fix it.

I hope I don’t have to reset all devices and start from zero….

1. Remove the device in Homey
  2. Add the device in Homey again
  3. Fix your flows

Thanks for the reply!

Hello, I added two new Shelly BLU HT units using the procedure you mentioned but the reading is not correct. The values, eg temperature, in the Shelly app looks correct but in the Homey Pro not. Any idea what I have done incorrectly?
Regards Jo

Please explain “not correct”.

Thanks for your reply. When I look at the temp in the Shelly app it shows 23.9 and in the homey app 26.2… see pictures.

My guess is you used the same device to connect the BLU to the cloud and to add the Homey BLE proxy script. As mentioned in the pairing instructions:

• Also be aware that the Plus/Pro device you choose to act as Bluetooth Proxy for Homey wont be able to send the status of the Shelly BLU to Shelly cloud for the mobile app as well. You will need to choose or use separate Plus/Pro devices for this.

Therefor the value you see in the Shelly app on your phone is not kept up to date anymore after you added the Homey BLE proxy script to that Plus/Pro device.

Thanks and perhaps an obvious question but where can I see that and change it?