[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

Hmm, it’s a typ-o that only affects the deprecated TRV driver. Either re-pair it using the generic driver or wait until the next release (no release date yet).

2 Likes

maybe I will give your test version a try? :slight_smile:

do you have a link to the test version? the /test does not work in the URL of the app

I hope the new release will follow soon. It gets smelly in my toilet :joy: And I am glad summer is over so I don’t have the need to roll my shutters…

That’s because the test version is currently equal to the live version.

How does controlling the valve of a themostat affect the smell in your toilet or roller shutter? There are no other changes or updates pending. If you are having issues with other devices it’s either something that needs to be investigated or soemthing within your own setup.

ah ok

I have 4 Shelly 2.5 modules for controlling my shutters and 1 Shelly 2.5 for controlling my mechanical ventilation. All dead since this morning…

Nothing changed the last week so it must be something on your end or the app encountered a memory limit. Have you tried just restarting the app or rebooting Homey?

That worked. Thank you!

Hello,

The app stopped working again, I noticed it this morning. I looked at the memory usage as you said and took a couple of screenshots (hopefully I uploaded them correctly):

I currently use 3 Shelly Dimmer2 modules and 6 Shelly Plus I4 modules

Hope this helps, if there is anything I could do please let me know! Thanks for looking in to this!!

Daan201

Yes, this is obviously a memory leak. My guess is that it mainly affects multichannel devices and it might even be a leak in Homey SDK if my hunch is correct.

Do you know how to install a version using the command line? There is stuff I’d like to try out but I dont want to publish it in the app store.

I am not unfamiliar with a command line but is has been a while and I don’t know how this works with Homey. Maybe you can guide me through it via personal message? And is there a possibility to revert back to the normal version? My girlfriend is home and if there is a problem she don’t know how to fix it and then none of our lightswitches work. :sweat_smile:

The instructions are described here: [HOW TO] CLI install method

You can revert back to the app store version at any time be reinstalling that version from the app store.

I will need some time to make the necessary changes which I want to test and I will send you a link to a zip file containing the debug version of the app. After you install it using the homey app install command you just need to keep an eye out on the memory usage and see if it still increases.

[EDIT]
Also a question to narrow things down, do you use the Update Firmware action card in any of your flows?

I will try that when you send me the updated version.

I do not use the update firmware card.

Hi Jelger,

Ziggo routers seem to put new ip-adresses to the Shelly devices after being pulling the plug. Any chance the Shelly app van find the new ip adresses automatically using the MAC-address?

Hi

I have an Shelly 3EM and I was wondering how fast does the 3EM update the value into Homey? I mean that is there some sort of polling period of xx seconds. Or does the 3EM send the value right away when the measurement get’s updated?

Trying to debug slight slowness of the measurements compared to about couple months ago. Could be also loading of my Homey…

It already tried to do so based on incoming status updates (at least for gen1, I’d have to check for Plus/Pro) but you are much better off assigning static IP addresses. If the Ziggo router can not do this it shouldn’t be called a router.

Updates should be near instant. If there are delays follow the networking troubleshoot guide from the first post.

1 Like

Thanks again. The ColoT was disabled for some reason in the Shelly 3EM. Working now perfectly.

Another stupid question is that how can I donate to you for your efforts? Looked your github, shelly homey app page and this post and didn’t find any paypal option…

No such thing as stupid questions. I much appreciate you gratitude. I develop this app on behave of Allterco Robotics and receive test units in return. This is enough for me, no need to donate. Just saying thanks makes me happy :pray:

5 Likes

I know, and I thought that worked quite some time in the gen1 devices.

Would be nice if the app would copy the new ip adresses. Saves a lot of effort and irritation haha.

Thanks for your effort anyway.