[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

@HuisCHovens keep in mind Homey backup does not store the actual apps, but it only stores links to the app store.

When restoring a backup, it downloads the latest stable app versions.
So, if SDk2 version is gone, SDk3 version (if available) gets installed. Otherwise, you just lost the SDk2 apps, and the wait can begin…
But…
Many apps are on Github or the like, download or fork the apps a.s.a.p. so you always can install them via CLI

2 Likes

If you have a new Homey for me, for sure. :wink:

1 Like

Ah, i thought you had a second Homey. :wink:

Ahh, no… :wink:

2 Likes

SDK3 rewrite is in TEST.

Alright, who wants to test the Chronograph TEST version | Homey for SDK3?

btw, i have 88767 error counts in my develop log for this app from other people. I guess this app needs some work!

I have not resolved any issues, because i first need to make sure the transfer to SDK 3 is allright, before is start bugfixing.

I hope some of you will install the test version and let me know if all works as it did before.

I personally do not have this App in full usage, only a few simple timers.

So, whoever uses this app much, please let me know if all works fine!

4 Likes

That’s quick again, Arie.
I use it in lots of flows (both type flows), installing it now.
The live version often says “this app stopped unexpectedly”, while it is not paused, and all timers just keep working.

I’ll send a diag when it stopped next time.

1 Like

Fine, but i already have many logs :stuck_out_tongue:
There are some simple issues.

But i dont wanna mix sdk3 transfer bugs and already existing bugs.

But if/when you can confirm the 1.2.0 works correct, i sure ill get to the bugs.

Hi Arie,

As far as I can see and tested:

• Timers, Stopwatch & Transitions work OK

• The running/paused/stopped Timers/Stopwatches/Transitions aren’t shown anymore at app config/app settings.

• Adding a Chronograph device:
    Select a device screen results after a while in “error: Callback is not a function”
    (I normally don’t use Chronograph devices)

• v1.2.0 did not stop unexpectedly yet
    But I did not log how quick or with which intervals de previous version errored

1 Like

Okay, ill have a look at it tomorrow.

1 Like

Okay, Version 1.2.1 in Test now: Solved, Solved and Solved.

No bugfixing yet :wink:
(Really need to keep the urge to change things around :stuck_out_tongue: )

I am so sorry, i couldn’t resist, there were just a few very clear issues/bugs. I just solved a few.

It’s in test now: 1.2.2.

If people have further issues with Chronograph: I’ll only react/respond/solve issues generated with the SDK3 version (because thats the only one i can really bugfix and allready have gbugfixed a little).

Let me know if all works wel please, let’s get it bugfree and Early 2023 ready!

2 Likes

Never apologize for fixing bugs :crazy_face:
I tested v1.2.3, it looks like te original app again, I can’t see any odd things, and everything works as expected.
Many thanks for updating this app!

1 Like

Your welcome!

I would love to get the same response from other users: The Test version works as excepted.
If i get a few more responses, i’ll put it to the review by Athom.

Thanks for the update!
No issues here on v1.2.3, using a few Timers/Stopwatches.

1 Like

Have been using it for years it is a good useful app. It’s just a shame that you never see which timers or stopwatches you have. When they are not active. Could they show without being active?
For avoiding confusion and searching through flows

1 Like

Sure, i’ll look into it:
Do you mind creating a feature-ticket for it yourself?
QlusterIT / nl.qluster-it.Chronograph / issues — Bitbucket
That way you will get updates on it, and i don’t forget it :wink:

Because i first want a successfull migration to sdk3.

Yes. A device tile can be created for each single stopwatch, for each single timer, for each single transition.
But presumably you mean an overview within the app, as it’s the case with the CountDown app, for example, right?
If something like that could be integrated into the Chronograph app, that would be great.

1 Like

Sure, just leave a feature request / proposal:
QlusterIT / nl.qluster-it.Chronograph / issues — Bitbucket

:slight_smile:

I’m sure something can be managed: If the timers/watches etc are not existing while not active, i can still show all entered argument-names, which would show you the same i guess.

The problem is, that you only set the timer name when you start it in a flow. While the timer is running, it’s visible in app settings.
After the timer is finished, the information is cleared.

That’s also the reason you can’t select a timer in a dropdown box to select inside a flow.

If you want to have a "persistant’ timer, I think it would need a timer device that you can define and that can have actions (stort, stop, reset).
Then this could be used in flows.
But that’s something for the future.

1 Like

Acrtually, because you can retrieve all arguments used by an app in all flows, you don’t need devices.

Take a look at how i salved this for Advanbced Triggers. It has no backgorund-memory for the event names (well, hardly, only references) but gets it from the used arguments.

This could be done for Chronograph to: Show all used names in the App Settings.

3 Likes