[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

@Arie_J_Godschalk
I saved a script once, this shows all timers/stopwatches/transitions used in flows.
From the returned data I think it shows all timers etc. I created and occur in a flowcard.
Might be of any use, Arie!

const flowsDic = await Homey.flow.getFlows();
const flows = Object.values(flowsDic)
const actions = flows.map(f => f.actions.filter(a => a.uri === 'homey:app:nl.fellownet.chronograph')).flat()
log(actions.reduce((a,x,y,z) => ({...a, [x.args.name]:x.id.split('_')[0] }), {}))

//log(actions)
//log(flowsDic)

1 Like

Nope, but thanks Peter!

To do it this way, i would need to include the very heavy-on-memory AthomAPI.
And there is no need, i already have everything i need to get it from the sdk itself, so no npm/athom-api needed.

1 Like

Mind you, athom-api is replaced by homey-api and is depreciated. Do we know for sure it’s possible to use athom-api on Homey Pro 2023?

Oh, and homey-api is considerably larger :frowning: The Heimdall App Package grew from 2.7MB to 7.8MB replacing athom-api for homey-api

2 Likes

Don’t know, i haven’t looked into the Athom-API being deprecated yet.

You are talking about install size right?
And how does this effect memory usages? Because thats always my big fear with Athom-API.

So, if Homey-API is this much larger, i really hope that it cost less memory.

With your device app I would perhaps put all stopwatches and timers in one device. Thats now possible @DirkG . Instead of all separate tiles. In the settings menu is also nice opportunity.
Or even better a drop down or is that difficult to make?

1 Like

Dynamic dropdowns are still not an option i’m afraid.
But you could use AVD’s to group them i guess. :slight_smile:

Yeah that is al nice step better for cleaning up the mess :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else who tested it and can confirm that all-is-good-under-the-hood?

Will an app written for SDK3 (like Chronograph now that is getting upgraded) still run on SDK2-Homey’s?

Thanks for upgrading it, you rock!

1 Like

Afaik yes, until a firmware update disables SDK2 support. I choose to turn auto-update off, so you’re not getting ‘surprises’

1 Like

Just so you know, over 700 apps are already running on SDKv3 :wink:, probably more then half of the apps currently already active on your Homey.
There are no really SDKv2 Homeys, unless you haven’t updated your Homey to and past Homey firmware v5.0.0.

1 Like

Dude 90% can run on SDK3 for all i care but if 1 doesn’t then it is still less capably and functional then before

1 Like

Hey, i’m trying to get my lights to dim slowly from 0 to 100 but it just goes to 100% instantly is that a common thing? am i doing it wrong ?

this should be 10% but it goes to 100% instantly

1 Like

Dude, I didn’t manually create the “unsupported for Homey 2023” a.k.a. pretty much all SDKv2 without a reason :wink: I know full and well that losing SDKv2 apps is bad.
And it wasn’t what my responds was about at all, he asked about SDKv2 Homeys and thus I responded.

2 Likes

Is the dim value from 0.01 to 1? (It’s not 1 to 100)

1 Like

Hi @Arie_J_Godschalk
I made a post (231) here a few days before you took over this app. I have now installed the test ver 1.2.3 and when the app was up and running again I had same issue again with the when card transition reaced a step. It doesn’t trigger the flow. The transition, timers and stopwatches are running like they should. I also notice that when I pressed resume manually on transition it start counting for 3-4 sec and then stop and went back to previous time. It did not behave like this before.
After resetting the transition, adjusting the time and resume transition from flow, the when card works again. Seems like an issue when app updates and Homey restart (I have not tested restart of Homey this time) that the when card doesn’t trigger as it should.
Hope this is an easy fix.

1 Like

Thanks, ill have a look monday.
Could you send me a diagnostic?

Goto app settings of Chronograph and press send diagnostic.

Thanks!

8d9731cb-5911-4dc5-aeba-9b6b2ff1a4d7

1 Like

is the app aware of running delays or timers? I’d like to only set another yes/no variable to “No” if no timer or delay is running?
Let me be more precise. I know there’s the AND card for particular running Timers. I was wondering if there’s a way to state “NO Timer” is running for all existing Timers. Makes sense?

1 Like

Hey @Yankie,

Thanks for your report.
I cannot simulate the issue, tho.
Whenever i restart the App or Homey, everything works just fine, when i try to start a transition.

I am changing some stuff so i can better debug these/this issue, to get to know the sourcecode and the more i play, the faster the possibility of finding bugs.

I’ll keep searching.

1 Like