[APP][Pro] Bticino/Legrand/Netatmo - Home control, based on Netatmo Cloud API

Hi Gal, congrats for the app you built. It’s very stable and working very good. I noticed that the device called “Remote Control” has no cards for when it’s pressed but only for battery status and reachability. The control has two physical buttons namely “at home” and “away”. It would be great to see when they are pressed so you can create a flow to shut all lights off when leaving home for example.

Hi @gautel -

I am glad to hear you like the app, thank you for the warm words.
As for the “remote control” - I had this request coming from various users, but - unfortunately - Netatmo does not provide me with the API to know when a key was pressed, so I can not know when the operation takes place.
I tried to look after it very much but without any luck…
So until Netatmo will extend their API, all I have on these devices is their battery state.
Sorry I could not help more with this, I know this is important for many users.

Thanks Gal for the update. Hopefully netatmo will expose the APIs also for the new garage module

Another option could be reading from the system if a specific scenario has been activated. Indeed, the remote does exactly that: it enables a biticino/legrande scenario. The scenario is then customized in the offical homecontrol app to turn lights on/off. The idea would be to keep those scenarios empty on the app and read the value trough homey pro. Then use the value to enable flows. This would not require specific remote control APIs but only the ability to read if a specific scenario is enabled

I also thought about it. Unfortunately, reading from the system if a specific scenario has been activated is also not possible :frowning:

As for the Garage door - it might be supported.
If you like, you can share your Netatmo home with me and i will see whether it’s supported by the API.

In order to share your home with me, on the Netatmo Control+ smartphone App, press the settings button (the Gear icon at the bottom), choose “Guests” and invite me by using my email.
Please notice that by doing so, I will be able to see all your devices. I promise not to change any of your configurations or devices without getting your clear approval first.

1 Like

@gautel - I got you home invitation, thanks!!!
Even though its not (yet) documented on Netatmo, I can support the Garage door.
I will add it to my next version.
I will be in touch with you privately in order to test my implementation once I am done.

1 Like

Hi Giulio,

I published the new app version (v1.1.5) with the new Garage Door / Gate Opener device as you requested.

You can find the device under the following name:

If you want to test, you can install the version from the test-link:

https://homey.app/a/com.galcar.netatmo/test/

Alternatively, you can wait a few days till Athom will approve my changes and then you will be automatically upgraded to the new version.

Please let me know if it works. We can continue chatting on Whatsapp if you like.

Thanks again for all your help,

Gal.

1 Like

Dear Gal,
I would first thank you for the work you are doing on this application.

I have a general question about how it works with bticino smart: does the app always involve the intervention of the legrand gateway?
Isn’t it possible to control the devices directly via the Zigbee network (without going through the internet and therefore the Legrand gateway), so as to be more reliable thanks to the homey connection?

Best,
Matteo

Hi @MatteoJ,

Thank you for the warm words, I am glad to hear you like the app.

My app connects to all Netatmo devices by going to the internet and using the Netatmo Web-API. By that, the verity of devices my app can control is large, and I can actually control each and every device that is connected through Netatmo API.
For Zigbee devices that can be controlled directly, you can always add the device as a Zigbee device to Homey, but this will be limited only for devices that communicate through Zigbee. My app does not focus on these devices and protocols.

Dear Gal,

Thank you for your fantastic work on this app! Much appreciated.
I have a question. I have a Bticino MyHomeServer1. I can identify everything in my house but i am unable to control my devices. For example: i can see the thermostat and i can change the values but there is no connection to the actual device. Can you help me with this?

Kind regards,
Alec

Hi Alec,

Thank you for the warm words.
I will be happy to check, thanks for sharing your home with me.
A I allowed to change the temperature on your Thermostat one degree up/down?
By that I will be able to see the problem you encounter.

Hi Gal,

Absolutely! Thank you very much in advance! :smiley:

Alec, it seems that all your devices are marked as “not connected”. Is there anything wrong?

Hi Gal,

I just purchased the Netatmo Presence outdoor camera with siren. Would it be possible to isolate the siren so it could used in flows & automations?

I am not sure, but I can surely try.
Please add me to your home:
Netatmo smartphone app - - > settings (gear icon) - - > Guests - - > Invite a user.
Use my email.

Hi @Alec_Lagrange -

I just checked your Thermostat, and everything was working very well for me.
I will explain exactly what I did, please let me if this is what you also did, or maybe we are doing something different:

1. Added your Thermostat to my Homey:
    a. Homey App → Bew Device → Bticino/Legrand/Netatmo App → Bticino Thermostat
    b. Login with my Netatmo app credentials
    c. Selected and added the “Mijn huis - Thermostaat” device
  2. Once the device was added, I selected the device and went to the capabilities pane (the right-hand side of the screen), and changed the Set-temperature from 15.5 to 16.
  3. I opened the Netatmo Control+ app on my smartphone, found the device in room Woonkamer and saw that the temperature was indeed changed. I changed again the temperature on Homey and saw again that the smartphone app was updated with the new temperature

Is this what you also did that was not working for you, or did you try something else?

It actually works now too. I haven’t adjusted anything, but now the devices are responding. The only device I cannot enter is my Bticino doorbell. Is there possibly a solution for this? Anyway, I also sent a donation for all your fantastic work. Thank you!

Hey there,

Is some try to connect Netatmo Smart AC Controller to homey?

I just receive mine but it’s not listed neither in the official Netatmo app or this one :frowning:

I could not find the product in the official Netamo documentation

Hi,

Which device exactly are you referring to in the Netatmo documentation link that you sent?
I could not find “smart ac” there.

I’m talking about the device in the first link. But I could not found it in the documentation :cry:

If you like, you can share your home with me and I can try adding the device to the app.
In order to share your home, open the Netatmo control + app on your smartphone, choose settings (the gear icon at the bottom), choose “guests”, and invite me by using my email.
Keep in mind that by doing so, I will be able to see and access all your device. I promise not to change any device without your approval.