[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Please add support for Homey Pro 2023.

3 Likes

Also had difficulties using Broadlink RM4 pro, in my case with a ceiling fan.
Then got myself a SwitchBot Hub Mini, and problem solved. Also cheaper than the RM4 pro

Hello.
Please, I wish support for RM4c mini for Homey Pro 2023.

1 Like

Any news for support homey pro 2023?

1 Like

I wish support for the RM4 Pro for homey pro

2 Likes

Any news for support homey pro (early2023)?

1 Like

Hi, I started working on a fork of this application to migrate it to Homey sdk3, after a request by a user here in the comunity, after tinkering with the Airthings BLE application.

You can check it out here: https://github.com/fkmeland/com.broadlink/tree/feature/homey-sdk3-migration

I donā€™t have any Broadlink devices, so Iā€™m unable to test out my changes to the code base. The application runs, and gets to the pairing menu, but I suspect there are issues with pairing and the flow cards, but I need access to a Homey with Broadlink devices to test, or someone here to test the code.

6 Likes

:point_up: @ARTTU100 @Stefano_Granata @happyshow @Merlin @Dahl77 @woto @Sharkys @Deadlifter @Per_Olof_Johansson

1 Like

:point_up: @Henk_Renting @Marcel_Visser

2 Likes

Wow, great news and thank you Peter for letting us know ! Unfortunately as this took way too long, I have switched already to in Homey IR functionality but who knows, in case of 2nd TV, this could be very useful ! :wink:

@fkmeland :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: thank you for your effort, however, any reason you donā€™t push it to Athom store? @Remko is the developer of Broadlink App for Homey | Homey, maybe he is fine to transfer it to you, if not maintained anymore ?

1 Like

Good to hear you found another working solution :blush:

I just did the migration so that the community would have a working app again for the new Homey pro, Iā€™m not the right person to maintain this application as I do not have any broadlink devices. Iā€™m not a Homey app developer, and I do not own this project, and I donā€™t consider the migration as finished until the app is tested against at least one device, which is the reasons for not pushing it to athom store. My hopes would be that the original author might take a pull request and merge my changes into his project.

OK, thatā€™s a pityā€¦

ā€¦well, I guess not ;-(

obrazek

Will Broadlink app come available for the homey pro? I can not install it at the moment in the new homely pro.

If you donā€™t know how to use it - search for CLI install on forum.

PC requirements to test out my fork of the application:

To test my fork out on your homey, you will either need git to checkout my code or download as a zip on your machine.

Using git:

git clone https://github.com/fkmeland/com.broadlink.git
cd com.broadlink
git checkout feature/homey-sdk3-migration
homey app run 

Using zip:

unzip fkmeland-com.broadlink-917e164.zip
cd fkmeland-com.broadlink-917e164
homey app run

To install the application to homey you need to run homey app install, the run command only runs the application temporary for debugging purposes. Theese are rough instructions, not tested :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi fmkmeland,

I would donate 25 Euro if you will add the code for a working RM4 Pro. Perhaps others can follow so that you can buy one :wink:
I can test the RM4 Pro stuff :wink:

I can see what I can do, no need for donations. I see there is a python cli tool project with support for theese devices, so I should be able to port the code for theese devices.

Just FYI, the Broadlinkred app should support the RM4 Pro already, but also needs to be updated to SDKv3. Soā€¦ not sure which update is easier/faster

Some RM3 miniā€™s were sold as ā€˜redā€™ model instead of ā€˜blackā€™. Hence the Broadlinkred app
No clue if any Homey Pro23 owns a red RM3 mini here
I do have a ā€˜redā€™ one, but not a Pro 23 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Good work!!
Will test it tomorrow with HP23 en RM4 Pro (RF)

EDIT: I read it wrong. Itā€™s not possible to connect the RM4 Pro

Aah, yes sorry. I have added the rm4-mini device to another branch in my repo. (feature/add-new-devices) (Thanks to the broadlinkred project)

As I understand by looking at the Python code the device rm4 mini and pro are pretty similar on how to communicate with them. I will try and work on it later tonight.

4 Likes