[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Will Broadlink app be upgraded to support Homey pro 2023 ?

2 Likes

Hi Remko, can we expect a working solution for the Homey Pro 2023? :soon:

I doubt, Remko is not active on this forum nor on GitHUB (literally not at all). Another developer, who uploaded modified version to HCS was Pieterv123 but based on another discussion he is not interested on maintaining it - [APP][Pro] Broadlinkred App - #38 by Pieterv123 ā€¦ but there was question from @Monique_Jilesen - [APP][Pro] Broadlinkred App - #37 by Monique_Jilesen ā€¦ so maybe ā€œthis is the wayā€ ? :wink:

1 Like

I would suggest going for a Tuya cloud solution (15 euro device on Ali). Works better than the broadlink ever did and if you already use the Tuya cloud for devices it saves you an app :slight_smile:

What kind of device do you mean? Does it have the same functionality like Broadlink?

I donā€™t know what functionalities you use but learning RF works like a charm for me.

This is the one I have but there are multiple different designs;
ā‚¬ 13,25 35ļ¼… Off | Tuya Smart RF IR Remote Control WiFi Smart Home for Air Conditioner ALL TV LG TV Support Alexa,Google Home
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Exr0wo3

1 Like

Thanks i will check it. I just use it for an airconditioner

1 Like

Btw for those running HP2023 - finally after 4 years it seems that their IR implementation is working for me great - the database of devices is pretty huge, I recommend to test it for everyone who have been using Broadlink IR - for me it works even better then Broadlink.
Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not highlighted anywhere.
(add device ā†’ Homey ā†’ IR) . When searching for device, have patience - eg. SON do not work but SONY does - you must search full name etc.

1 Like

Nice! but it is limited to hp2023 location only :slightly_frowning_face:

Indeedā€¦but still I want to mention it as it was nice surprise. :slight_smile: And as Broadlink app is abandoned, itā€™s better then nothing, right :wink:

You can use a Homey bridge as satellite. Then you can choose which device should be used for each IR or 433MHz signal you want to send.
But a Broadlink or Tuya IR blaster is 4x cheaper.

Thanks for the info I had hoped I could stay on some of the old devices on Broadlink and just use it as a satellite until I could move over to newer devices all together as I have a lot of 433mhz of them

Hey Guys

Sorry if this has been asked - does anyone know if the broadlink app will be updated to support the new homey ?

No plans of an update I believe, Iā€™d recommend switching to the Tuya IR/RF alternative

What if your device isnā€™t listed like my ceiling fan - I need to learn the ir code but I donā€™t think homey is capable unfortunately

Had a look at the Tuya integration looks complicated - be nice if someone would take on the BroadLink app

Trust me, itā€™s worth it (and not just for the RF/IR integration part)

The Tuya Cloud app is doable, but it is complicated stuff when youĀ“re new to it.
Also thereā€™s no app developer/maintainer since last Januariā€¦

Another option, although it is a bit more expensive, is a Switchbot hub. It can learn IR signals.
https://homey.app/a/com.switchbot/

Will there be a update of this app for the Pro 2023?

I know the Pro has IR, but my RM3 Mini is in another room, so it still makes sense with an updated app.

4 Likes

Hi, could you please support homey pro 2023?

6 Likes