[APP][Pro] Balboa

Thanks! I go check it when I’m home

1 Like

Hi, I am unable to connect my spa to the app, am getting the following error?
Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘model’)
What is it due to?

@John_Norling can you share a diagnostic report?

You can do that via the mobile Homey app

More - apps - controlmyspa - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report

@John_Norling thanks for the report.
are you using ControlMySpa or BWA module for your Balboa?

1 Like

ControlMySpa module

@John_Norling Ok, the login returns a wrong login+password combination. I see I can improve the error handling there :stuck_out_tongue:

But you might want to re-check if your login is correct

1 Like

Oops, I’m pretty sure that’s right but will definitely check, thanks for the quick feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

@John_Norling you can try on this page (same what the Homey app uses)

https://idmqa.controlmyspa.com/oxauth/login

1 Like

Now adding my spa worked :slight_smile: thank you very much and sorry for my mistake. Now I can control my spa after the cheap electricity hours automatically :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Good luck :smiley:

1 Like

Is anyone currently experiencing problems? My spa is alternating between fully functional and “Your spa is offline” on a daily basis.

New app update (live: 1.6.0):

1. NEW: add flow triggers:

• Pump State 1 changed
  • Pump State 2 changed
  • Pump State 3 changed
  • Light State changed
  • Blower State 1 changed
  • Blower State 2 changed
  • Blower State 3 changed
  • Temperature range changed
  • Heater changed
  • Online state has changed
  • Is ready state has changed
  • Temperature range has changed
  • Heater has changed

Yep, have the same issues every now amd then:

1. ControlMySpa cloud service has issues
  2. The indoor unit looses connection with the spa unit. Need to reset the power from the indoor unit to restart and then it works fine.

This ControlMySpa Homey app however works great, usually the problem is out of our control.

1 Like

Hi Martijn, thanks for your contributions! I hope I’m writting my question at the right place.

I do need the Balboa WiFi-module for your app to work right?

Can I turn of and on the heater element with your app? Their is a jumper on the PCB that, when shorted, disables the heater. THis is a great way to control heating only when electrisity is cheap. Does your app have this support or do I still need an relay connected to this PCB jumer for that function?

Best Regards
Emil

Hey @Emil_a

This app is only for the ControlMySpa module.
So might be good to check that :slight_smile:

The app does control the heater:

Hi,
Are more people experiencing problems with CMS? Yesterday I couldn’t log in to the CMS app itself, so it makes sense that this app for Homey doesn’t work either. Logging in works again today, but many things in the CMS app do not work. For example I can’t see and change the temperature. Any advice?

@homeypro do you see them in the official app?
Sometimes the CMS (Balboa) has app issues

Their CMS service site is quite often broken, it is really a shame. Every time it is down, I made a service request to my vendor that is down again. I know it isn’t the vendors fault but need to go through them since Balboa doesn’t listen. Maybe I will need to look for alternative methods to control since it is really nice to prepare the spa remotely.

1 Like

In a magical way everything works again after 2 days. Really weird.

@OH2TH Indeed, it’s really ridiculous how poorly the CMS app works.

@martijnpoppen Of course I mean the app/service of balboa/CMS itself. This/your app works really well, if the CMS app/service works :wink:

@martijnpoppen Yet another question; I have seen that in the cms library you use there are also possibilities to adjust the fixed filter times. Are you planning to build this in homey as well? Now our spa always filters/flushes from 2pm - 4pm. The best thing would of course be if I could adjust this daily to the hours with the lowest energy prices, as I do with keeping the spa warm. Which I also want to thank you for!

1 Like

Filter flush cycle uses 200W power, that is 200Wh for one hour. Our Spa is set to do it at 10:00 and 22:00 for one hour, as such its not that much.
Keeping the temperature at 34 degrees is what takes 2kW for about 30 minutes every heating cycle. That is approximately 1kWh / heat cycle. We have about seven of those daily and the Spa decides based on the thermostat when to do those cycles.
So 7kWh we use daily to just maintain the Spa.

In that context, automating the schedule for filter cycle wouldn’t save that much of energy costs. ore savings can be done with reducing temperature when the spa is idle.

That is where the HIGH:LOW setting would come in. HIGH setting would have the nice bathing temperature, and LOW setting a maintenance temperature for the times when the spa isn’t been used.

Still haven’t really done anything about using them, I just have a logic based on our weekly schedule to raise the temperature to 37C for bathing evenings three times a week, and we are done, we drop it to 34C. Probably could drop a bit more, but then it would need more energy and more time to heat it up to 37 when we want use the spa.

It takes roughly 2 hours now to heat the three degrees.

So my conclusion, yes it would be nice to have the filter scheduling available, but the benefit is small.

1 Like