[APP][Pro] Airthings BLE (deprecated)

Hi there - I just got the Wave Plus and I have some questions for other Airthings users.

1. I got the Wave Plus connected to the homey OK and get readings, however I was wondering if it is possible to also connect the devices to my iPhone and/or hub as well - or if it only accepts 1 pairing? I want to do this as I believe the app is quite nice in terms of tracking.

2. I also have the airthings Hub - and as such I was wondering if it would be possible to connect the airthings to the hub - then the hub to homey (like we do with ex. Philips Hue)?

Anyone have any hands-on experience on how to use this?

Curious about your experience so far. Do your Homey still receive data from the Wave Plus? And which Homey do you have?

I have successfully paired my Wave Plus to my Homey Pro 2019 via Bluetooth, but it never manage to recive any data. I get the same error message as @Livar after a while, or when I restart the Airthings app.

I contacted Homey Airthings app-support, and was generally told to either upgrade to Homey 2023 or buy an Airthings device with hub-capabilities. According to support, the bluetooth in Homey Pro 2019 is unstable (which I can’t deny is somewhat true, I’ve had mixed success with my bluetooth connected Switchbot. However, that usually works OK).

1 Like

The Wave Plus usually dies after a few weeks due to empty batteries. Right now I’m not using it until I find a way to reduce its energy consumption.

I’m using a Homey Pro 2023, btw.

This was a known problem which should be addressed with a FW update, I guess it was in the beginning of 2023.
Mine Wave plus also died with no warning after a short period, but works fine now.
Have you tried to update the FW trough the Airthings app for your iOS/Android device?

For now, all mine Wave plus is connected to my new Airthings view plus which take care of the FW update and the link to Homey.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I installed the app and made a firmware update. Lets see. :crossed_fingers:

I have the same problem with my Airthings Wave plus BLE

IT doesnt update any parameters, and shows as unavailable after a while. When I restart the device/app, it sometimes updates the parameters, sometimes not. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling several times. This doesnt help.

Any tips/soloutions?

Hi all, I have Homey Pro 2023 migrated from Early 2018 where Wave Bluetooth was more or less working. Now it can not be added (2m next to it), even though the product is mentioned in the App as an option it is giving the message ‘No new devices have been found’ while my old and migrated unit is removed. Are people still having this same issue. App v.2.1.2. and Homey v 11.0.0.