[APP][Pro] Airthings BLE (deprecated)

This App is still in the store but deprecated,

Central Topic for

This tread is not monitored by the Brand or Developer
For Official support use the Email link in the App support

The New App is here: Airthings App for Homey | Homey

Discuss the New App in the following Topic: [APP] Airthings - Empowering the world to breathe better

Can`t wait for the Airthings Wave support, version 1.0 now available in store, supporting only Airthings Wave plus for the moment, any ideas when supporting wave? As you probably know, Airthings has a radon (bequerel pr. m3) sensor inside, one of few on the market, in addition to standard temp and humidity sensors.

Waiting for an update on the app since I’m planning on using the radon sensor to start my ventilation when radon levels is high.
I can not see this is supported yet in the app, only co2, humidity, temperature and pressure.

Any timeline on the radon sensor?

Hi Jarle,

What about an integration of the web API?

I think this is the best way of doing it as this is were all the data goes anywhy when you do the sync, and its here the integration with google and IFTTT is.

I’m pretty new to homey (2 days in) but this was the way i did it in Openhab and works pretty good.

There is also a HUB for the ecosystem witch makes is possible to update them automatic (868mhz)

If you want to test, i can give you access to an demo API account :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately I also think that the cloud way is the way to go. It’s a pity but seems like Homey’s BLE connection is far too unstable to have the devices connected straight to Homey, at least that’s my experience after just a couple of days with the wave plus connected to Homey. It stopped reporting after just a short while.

Hello, I am the developer of this app. I am in dialogue with Airthings to create the integration of Wave and Wave Mini as well. I have no ETA of when it is available, but probably within a month. :slight_smile:

I can also add some explanation regarding Homey BLE and the sensor. Bluetooth has knows limitations with range inside a house with brick walls etc, and is thereby the not most optimal protocol of transferring data.

However, it might be possible to add the Airthings Hub as supported to Homey later, but then you’ll also need to buy another hub instead of just using your Homey as a hub. I think it would be great to have both worlds here, (BLE and Hub), so that users can choose what they want.

3 Likes

As I wrote in one of all github issues I have created (hehe) I would prefer not to use a hub, but will evaluate and see if that’s possible.

Has it happened to you that the device has stopped reporting? And if so, how did you solve it?

Looks promising for me who has little to none knowledge how to find out of this by my own.

Looking forward to the update on the app!

Since the polling (default 30 min) is the same for all capabilities you can, as a workaround, trigger your flow with WHEN CO2 level change-card but still choose the AND Logic (global) ‘radon’ is greater than THEN start the ventilation.

1 Like

Used the MQTT driver connectes to Nodered were i get all the data with webhooks to Airthings API. Works great. Just wrong icons in MQTT, CO=VOC, GAS = Radon

How does your Airthings devices connect to the cloud? Through a rpi or phone?

Im using a HUB.

Cool. Didn’t think it existed yet. How often do you get values then?

Every 5 min.

1 Like

Hi Vegard. Do you have any estimated ETA of the Airthings Wave support for Homey now?:blush:

1 Like

The hub is ready for pre order now - Hub | Airthings

Dont see the point with hub in Homey. You will have internet access through airthings via app.

More stable connection, longer range, both the wave and the mini are supported. Don’t know if smartlink uses less battery than bluetooth?

Well, u will have the same issue between hub and unit(s). My Homey Pro has no range issues. In future updates wave and mini will be supported. Tired of endless hubs just to connect to the internet.

1 Like

The Airthings hub communicate with their devices with something called smartlink, not bluetooth. Should have 100m connection range.

Don’t have range issues with my homey and the wave plus, but it still stop reporting when homey is restarted. My minis are more far away from the homey, but hopefully they will be found anyway. Don’t like hubs connecting to the internet either.

1 Like