[APP] Official Tuya App for Homey

No this is correct. The confusion is Dutch vs English.

7.001 in english is 7, in dutch 7001
7,001 in english is 7001 in dutch 7

so the 7.313kW is 7313W

Sorry, I also misread (too old here…) it states 7.313W not 7.313kW
So you are correct it is wrong on the second picture.

The first screen the wording is Dutch, but the notations are English…
the second screen all is in English, and fully correct

Not sure if I understand you correctly, but in the several screen shots sometimes the point is used as a decimal separator and sometimes as a thousands separator. So, yes something is “wrong”. Calling it a major issue is sarcastic in my opinion

1 Like

Of course it won’t speed anything up, but perhaps it will open eyes to the very poor methodology used in this case and it won’t be repeated for further integrations in the future.

Yes. The cares the bejeebers out of me as well!

Good for you

Peter,

Thank you very much for the help. I have submitted the data for 8 devices, now let’s wait and see what happens.

Greetings Ron

1 Like

Hello,

I can’t login anymore. I tried to switch regions and I get the same error every time.

Screenshot 2024-07-21 at 21.09.34

Nothing will happen Ron, you’ll be waiting for months like the rest of us.

Sorry, but it’s already very clear you are disappointed about Athom not doing what you expect. You don’t have to repeat yourself every day…

It’ll be nice when you speak for yourself, and send your griefs and frustrations to homey.app/support.

This is a community forum, we should be honest and open with each other.
I am happy to take on board your criticism in good spirit.

This doesn’t change my point and I felt it was necessary to set Ron’s expectations, as no one else appears willing to do so.

Sending my frustrations to support won’t solve anything. Their customer service team will just have to be on the receiving end of their superior’s lack of operational expertise.

1 Like

A fix is already in the works! When measuring power, each plug uses an undetermined multiplier to show the correct power measurements. For example, the plug “sees” 7313, and the multiplier adjusts that to 7,313 Watts.

However, the Tuya Gods in all their wisdom have decided to use different multipliers for different brands of plugs. The bug fix will allow you to choose the multiplier yourself :wink:

3 Likes

Afaik the device definition provides the multipler. So it can be used while pairing to preset the value in the device. A setting option would be nice nevertheless.

In this example, it’s the scale attribute used to calculate min_max/step based on the scale. And it’s stored in device store to calculate temperatures.

@Doekse

nobody can advise on the login issue?

Also have the same issue. Sometimes it replies with ‘sign in error, contact admin’. Hope there will be a fix soon so i don’t have to use the workaround with Tuya cloud.

FWIW, I tried using the web app to add my first SmartLife device. As previous occasions (with both the web and Android apps) I could not get it to accept my email or phone with the right password. I was about to give up when I decided to try using Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge.

Under Edge I was offered two region choices: International (tuyaus.com, I think) and China (tuyacn.com). Neither worked. Under Chrome it went straight to server tuyaeu.com and I got in!

I don’t think it’s a difference between the two browsers because they share the same engine. It might be because I have NordVPN active for Chrome, but not Edge.

Anyhow, if you registered for Europe, you might try changing the server manually if you don’t see the ‘Europe’ option.

Andy

Tuya Motion detection stay always in “detection” , even 13 Hours after the first one (when i add the device)

Reported already 6w ago, but marked as solved without a fix:

I just used the ‘Other’ driver to add a couple of devices and was able to add them to flows successfully using the associated cards. Worked well for me because the codes I needed were provided in the card’s drop down.

When I look at the device in the Homey developer tools, I see a chunk of slash-escaped JSON under Settings/deviceSpecification. Putting that text through an ‘unescape’ page I get:

"device": {
 "active_time": 1705156292,
 "biz_type": 18,
 "category": "tdq",
 "create_time": 1705156292,
 "icon": "smart/icon/ay1521618643672lvY0O/09169141a15e708d9bd1559cce74c82b.png",
 "id": "bfc20dd880dfadd6e8ltrs",
 "ip": "86.165.239.159",
 "lat": "50.79",
 "local_key": "sVyD':%#^]3%BeR6",
 "lon": "-0.99",
 "model": "",
 "name": "USB switch",
 "online": true,
 "owner_id": "11054790",
 "product_id": "flcvzjtnkhsreazp",
 "product_name": "",
 "status": [
 {
 "code": "switch_1",
 "value": false
 },
 {
 "code": "countdown_1",
 "value": 0
 },
 {
 "code": "test_bit",
 "value": 0
 },
 {
 "code": "relay_status",
 "value": "2"
 },
 {
 "code": "random_time",
 "value": ""
 },
 {
 "code": "cycle_time",
 "value": ""
 }
 ],
 "sub": false,
 "time_zone": "+00:00",
 "uid": "eu1584011896823Zmpri",
 "update_time": 1721210722,
 "uuid": "cbb16e166d1bdcb6"
 },
 "specifications": {
 "category": "tdq",
 "functions": [
 {
 "desc": "{}",
 "name": "开关1",
 "type": "Boolean",
 "values": "{}"
 },
 {
 "desc": "{\"unit\":\"s\",\"min\":0,\"max\":86400,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}",
 "name": "开关1倒计时",
 "type": "Integer",
 "values": "{\"unit\":\"s\",\"min\":0,\"max\":86400,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}"
 },
 {
 "desc": "{\"range\":[\"0\",\"1\",\"2\"]}",
 "name": "上电状态设置",
 "type": "Enum",
 "values": "{\"range\":[\"0\",\"1\",\"2\"]}"
 },
 {
 "desc": "{\"maxlen\":255}",
 "name": "随机定时",
 "type": "String",
 "values": "{\"maxlen\":255}"
 },
 {
 "desc": "{\"maxlen\":255}",
 "name": "循环定时",
 }
 ],
 "status": [
 {
 "name": "开关1",
 "type": "Boolean",
 "values": "{}"
 },
 {
 "name": "开关1倒计时",
 "values": "{\"unit\":\"s\",\"min\":0,\"max\":86400,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}"
 },
 {
 "code": "test_bit",
 "name": "产测结果位",
 "values": "{\"min\":0,\"max\":5,\"scale\":0,\"step\":1}"
 },
 {
 "name": "上电状态设置",
 "type": "Enum",
 "values": "{\"range\":[\"0\",\"1\",\"2\"]}"
 },
 {
 "name": "随机定时",
 },
 {
 "name": "循环定时",
 }
 ]
 }
}"

That looks an awful lot like the JSON people have been posting to github and I didn’t have to work with CLI. Would that be acceptable?

Andy

To answer my own question, I see that, when adding the issue at github, that’s what the instructions say. I’ve left my note in the discussion because I didn’t find a post saying we no longer have to use the CLI.

Andy

Copy that - have the exact same issue and have tried everyting